Reasons to Smile; Sitting

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

“I love this couch, I love this room” I mumble resting while resting my head on Jinki’s shoulder. “We have a lot of good times in this room.” I continue on as he takes my hand in his. “And some not so good times.”

“Like the time you were so furious with me for telling Jonghyun something I shouldn’t have?” Jinki prods, though I can’t tell if it’s joking or not I jab him in the side. “Point taken.” He mutters.

“Glad to hear it.” I tell him closing my eyes, taking a deep breath I try to fight off the sadness I feel. “It’s going to be weird.” I grumble looking at the now very empty room, the last piece of furniture in my soon-to-be old living room is this couch. “Remember the time you first came here, and the very first thing you did was sit on this couch.”

“Of course, this is the best napping place; you always come to join me.” The calm and very adorable Jinki says while my hand. “The new place will have a nice couch too, one we picked.”

“It’ll be different Jinki.” I mumble moving to look at Jinki, Onew, the chicken lover, my boyfriend. “I love you.” I say happily while pulling him up, I glance around for one final look, it is a bit strange to think this will probably be the last time I step foot into this great apartment, this slice of my own, but I’m trading it in for something so much better.


 “I love you too.”  Jinki says staring at me the same way he always has, full of tender care and adoration.“We should get going; we still have a lot to unpack Sooyoung. ” Onew says while tugging me in the direction of the door. “And a couch waiting for us to sit on it.”

Laughing I sigh before allowing myself to follow Onew, happily walking with him down the stairs through the lobby. Handing in my keys I smile at the manager, it’s been a nice time here, but we press on  through the pair of doors in the back leading to the parking and finally to his car, which he drives us the twenty minutes back to our new place, to our new home.

As soon as we step through the entry hall and into the living room he pulls me towards our couch. “We will spend nearly every evening on this couch cuddling before we lazily walk back to our room down the hall, where I shall sing you to sleep and hold your close.” Jinki declares with a grin on his face. “It’ll be very gratifying to wake up and see you there in bed next to me.”

“On nights that you come home.” I remind him with a cheeky grin on my face, giggling I pull him to sit on the couch with me.

“I was being romantic, why would you go and shoot me down?” He asks laughing into my neck. “On trips I’m bringing you with me.” He decides very happily, Jinki is still the leader for SHINee after all. “We can look up at the sky full of stars and stay up all night.” He murmurs happily.

I’m not going to burst his bubble this time, I like hearing Jinki this happy, I like that he’s smiling into my neck, that he wants the same things that I want and that we’re both doing our best to make them happen.

“I thought we had to unpack.” I bring up, seeing as we’ve been sitting on the couch for a good four or five hours, not that I’m ready to get up and move. “Or are we still appreciating the couch?”

“Shush, we’re enjoying the couch.” Jinki says kissing my head lightly. “We can move around and start unpacking tomorrow, we have the week.” He mumbles happily. “Besides I told you, we’ll cuddle on the couch.”

Smiling I look at half-hazard placed furniture, books, pictures and boxes. “I could definitely go for some cuddling.” I say snuggling even closer to the warm body; who happens to be very attractive while napping against me.

He’s smiling, even in his sleep, Jinki is definitely cute, handsome, talented, kind and the only person I could ever sit on a couch with all day and feel like it’s been a full day. Maybe it’s been a while but sitting on the couch has become one of my favorite times of day, feeling my lips curve upwards, I brush a few strands of hair out of his face only for him to grab my hand and to kiss it. Blushing I smile at Jinki as he peeks one eye open to smile at me.

 


 

 

SO I finally finished the little series.
> n >
> u <
AND now I can start posting the other chapters I have already written,
requests I have gotten and such.
I really hope you guys enjoy the little drabble and will keep reading.

^^

[10 left]
[7 planned]
[3 available]

Onew Jonghyun | Key [1] | Minho [1] | Tae min [1]