SPACE CADET

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

“How many times do I have to tell you?” I hear my very good friend as she roughly slaps my arm. “Emmi, space out on my one more time and see if I fend off some creep.” She threatens, focusing on Azami’s face and what’s she’s saying I nod my head.

“Sorry” I mumble while pouting, I never mean to space out on her. “I was just thinking about how great this trip has been.” I tell her smiling a bit.

Twitching I recognize the look on her face instantly and scowl at her. “I keep forgetting how cute you are!” She coos completely forgetting my spacey-ness. “I know, I know you hate it. Seriously Emms we need to head to SMe today if you want to see your glorious Super Junior.” She says smirking at me. “AND then we shall head to Cube and see the wonderful and wildly talented Junhyung.” She says giggling happily.

Getting up from the table where we’d eaten I nod my head. “Come on Azzy.” I say with a huge grin on my face, I am obviously excited, we’ve been lucky enough to come here all the way from New York. We’d been scouted by a couple of the agencies here and we’re going on a tour for the next two days while we’re here. Obviously SM and Cube are on the list of agencies that scouted us, there are a couple of other companies that want us to join, some smaller ones, and we’re completely stoked about them all.

“What did I just say to you?!” Azami says while raising her voice at me. “Seriously Emmi, you can’t keep spacing out on me, or when you’re just out in public.” She says while shaking her head. “Seriously what if you get lost or get hurt while you’re just aimlessly walking around like this?” Azami says worriedly, grasping her arm I give her a small smile. “Stop being so damn cute.” Azzy mutters looking away from while leading us in what I assume is the right direction.

Eventually we do get there, all thanks to Azzy’s amazing sense of direction. “I am so stoked.” I whisper excitedly while squeezing her arm even tighter. “What am I going to say?!” I ask her trying to stay attached to the reality part of life and not just float off into some world where I try to think of what to say.

“For starters we could tell the receptionist that we’re here.” Azami jokes as we walk up to the front desk. “Hello, we’re Emmi and Azami.” She says nervously, “We’re here to meet with a Mr. Yong.” She says managing not to stutter.

“He’ll be right down, I’m glad you made it.” She says politely as she makes a call, “He’ll be right down, please have a seat.” She says happily.

“Thank-you.” Azzy and I say together with a small bow, turning around we take our seats on a couch together.

“I am so nervous.” She whispers to me squeezing my arm. “What if they don’t like us?” Azzy asks worriedly, which happens to be a bad habit of hers, being negative when she gets nervous like this. “Or what if they only like one of us?”

“Azzy, we already decided that if one of us accepts a different offer that’s ok, and we both already know they must like us enough to offer us a spot to be trainees here.” I say reassuringly as a man approaches us.

“Hello, you two must be Azami and Emmi,” He says excitedly. “I’m Yong Wooyoung.” He says bowing to us.

Getting up we bow back. “I’m Kim Emmi.” I say introducing myself.

“I’m Chen Azami.” My best friend says happily, no doubt since we’re a step closer to getting to Cube Entertainment.

We follow Wooyoung, as he insists, around as he shows us the numerous places in SMe, the cafeteria, practice rooms, break rooms, music rooms, and offices as well. “We’ll head to Super Junior’s practice room, I believe they’re practicing right now, you’ll get to see them in action.”

As we’re lead into a room, the music is muffled from the closed door, but then I already recognize it ‘Bonamana’. Excitedly I grip Azzy’s hand. Humming along with the song I stop as soon as we’re let into the room, faced with Super Junior I keep my breathing even, stopping the music they look at us with smiles.

It’s only part of Super Junior, but I’m still more than ecstatic to just be meeting them. “Hello I’m Azami, and this silent and obviously happy girl is Emmi.” Azzy says teasing me. “She’s a huge fan.”

Nodding my head I smile at them shyly. “Hi.” I say in a reasonably excited voice. “It’s great to meet you all.” I say while holding onto my sensible self, well as much as I can.

They introduce themselves with huge grins. “Do you want to learn the dance with us?” Donghae asks smiling at us, taking tentative steps forward.

Azzy nods her head. “Come on, it’s Donghae asking.” She mumbles in my ear, feeling my face heat up I nod my head along with hers.

“Yah, that’s not fair, Donghae is the favorite!” Eunhyuk complains with a very cute pout.

Donghae looks back at Eunhyuk and sassily says. “Then maybe you should come help her learn the dance.” Turning back to me he offers me a spot next to him.

As I take my spot I fight off my nervousness and smile happily. “Dancing isn’t really my strong suit.” I confess to nervously. “But I’ll try my best.” I add on as Azzy takes a spot next to Eunhyuk, despite the others protesting.

“Well then I think everything will work out fine then.” He says smiling at me adorably.

The next half-hour is spent with Azzy and I learning the dance to ‘Bonamana’ and the vocals, as they’d asked what my strong suit is. “Ah she’s really good.” Yesung praises me.

Stopping abruptly I blush madly, waving for Azami to come to my side while covering my face. “Ah, Yesung-sshi, I believe you just made her life.” Azzy jokes. “She’s probably dreamed of you saying that.”

“She’s really cute too.” Donghae says only furthering my blush and urgency for my best friend.

Azami takes my hand and squeezes it. “I think you’ll make her faint.” She says trying to peel my other hand away from my face, as she succeeds I smile at them thankfully.

“Aigo, she gives Donghae a run for being the cutest.” Kyuhyun says teasingly. “Even Taemin too.” He says after a bit.

Wooyoung comes back and smiles at me. “I’m sure the boys have charmed you enough, but we have a few more stops.” He says gesturing for us to go.

“Bye” I squeak happily. “Thank you for everything.” I say bowing to them happily.

 

~~~

 

“SHINee is practicing today as well,” Wooyoung says smiling. “Girls’ Generation is out of the building, and some of the members of f(x) are as well. But as you saw Amber and Sulli are here.” He says happily. “Our last stop will be with SHINee.”

Nodding out heads we follow him to the last stop of our tour here at SMe. Knocking and entering one last room we see the five members of SHINee all gathered around in a circle, turning to look at us they grin. “Hello” Azami and I say together smiling at them and bowing.
Excitedly they introduce themselves. “It’s nice to meet you, Hyungs were bragging about getting to see you guys first.” Minho says pouting slightly, which is exceedingly cute.

Blushing we nod our heads simply. “Kyuhyun is right; they give Taeminnie and Donghae-hyung a run for their money.” Jonghyun says teasing the youngest member.

Turning to Taemin I smile at him nervously. “It’s nice to meet you.” I say calmly, I like SHINee a lot; they’re funny and really talented.

After a while Taemin and I split off to dance, well him teaching me and me attempting to dance. “You’re really not as bad as you lead on.” Taemin says chuckling. “You’re pretty good at this actually.”

Shaking my head nervously and catching my breath I deny it. “I’m really not.” I say nervously.

Taemin offers me a water bottle, accepting it our fingers brush and it’s like in those movies Azzy and I make fun of. The spark of skin touching, looking at the other to confirm that they felt it too, all of those movie things that people say it only happens in the movies. “Have you eaten lunch yet?” Taemin asks curiously and what would look like to be slightly nervous.

Shaking my head I smile at him. “I haven’t.”

“Emmi, we have to go soon.” Azzy says walking over to us happily, looking at me and then Taemin she grins happily. “We need to leave soon.” She says gently before leaving us alone.

“We’re supposed to go for lunch and then head over to Cube for a tour there.” I explain nervously.

Taemin nods his head slightly disappointed. “Maybe another time?” He offers quietly, to which I nod my head.

 

~~~

 

In the end Azami and I both really liked Cube and accepted their trainee offering, and the two of us have become a Duo.

“So remember when we first came here and went on that tour of SMe?” Azami asks curiously, to which I simply nod my head. “And you had that moment with Taemin?” She presses, to which I blush. “So I was thinking, since you know, that was a while ago, and he’s right there I’m going to head back to the studio and you can stay and have lunch with him instead.” She says getting up and leaving me here stunned.

“Hey Emmi-sshi.” Taemin says nervously sliding into the seat where Azami had been. “It took a while huh?” He asks nervously.

I nod my head and blush. “Yeah, we’ve been busy with a lot of stuff.” I mumble lamely, “I’m glad we get to have the lunch finally.” I say smiling.

Taemin grins at me. “Same, it’s only taken three years.” He says looking at me with a very sassy look on his face. “Though I suppose, it is partly our fault for promoting so much in Japan.”

“And ours for being busy with debuting and comebacks here in Korea.” I say taking part of the blame.

Taemin and I joke around while eating, laughing and grinning the whole time. “We’ll have to do this again, and not in three years.” Taemin suggests slyly. “Maybe dinner next time?”

“Perhaps this Friday?” I suggest just as slyly and boldly as he had.

Taemin grins at me. “It’s a date.” He says as we both get up after paying for our food. “Say 7:30?” He asks casually with his hands in his pocket.

“I think that would be lovely.” I say smiling happily, getting in separate cabs after exchanging numbers I’m grinning like no tomorrow.

Reading the first text from Taemin I smile happily.

 

Emmi, Jonghyun was right when we first met, you’re really cute.

 

I may hate being called cute, but I think I don’t mind so much with Taemin as I am extremely happy.


 

This is one of those special dedications one-shots
katiezillanastypants
I hope you like this~!

 

[9 left]
[6 planned]
[3 available]

Onew Jonghyun | Key [1] | Minho [1] | Tae min [1]