Just Because...

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

Just because I act like nothing happened doesn’t mean I don’t know what’s going on.

I hate it when you think you know someone, but then it turns out you don’t. When you think your boyfriend has eyes only for you, but it turns out he has eyes for your best friend too. That your best friend would never do anything to harm the bond that you share, but she does, she and he both shatter everything you thought you knew. I hate it, but what I hate most is that I’m pretending I don’t know that nothing is happening behind my back and worst of all? I don’t know why I’m acting like this.

 

Staring hard at the picture of Minho and I along with Jonghyun, Taemin, Key, Onew and Emma; Minho’s arm is securely around my waist, Emma is at the end, far away from Minho and I, my smile portraying exactly how happy I am, Emma’s reserved one hiding something, that something being her feelings for Minho. “Why?” I whisper sadly, a hint of bitterness in my voice, resentment for Emma and Minho, them for cheating on me. Betraying my trust; repeatedly.

“You’re going to burn a hole through that.” Jonghyun jokes as he enters the loft I share with Emma, shared. “You alright?”

I nod my head tossing the picture away from me, glaring at it, if only. “What do you think of Emma?”

Furrowing his brow Jonghyun takes a seat next to me. “What do you mean? She’s Emma.”

Biting my lip I stare into his eyes, his looking pensive, afraid, and slightly angry. “Who knows?” I whisper my voice cracking as I bring my gaze away from him “Jonghyun who else knows?”

“You mean…” Jonghyun’s voice trailing off.

“About Emma and Minho? Yeah, I’ve known for a while.” Looking back at him I frown.

Jonghyun does that thing where he looks away when he doesn’t want to say something, knows something he shouldn’t… “I thought I was only me.” Pursing his lips he focuses on me. “If you’ve known why haven’t you said something?”

Letting out a long sigh, I stare over at the picture on the ground. “Honestly, I think I’ve been hoping they’d stop. Now though I don’t think they will.”’

“Jessica…” Jonghyun rests his head on my shoulder. “I should have said something to him.”

“Aniyo, I should have. Now though…” I whisper looking at the pile of bags. “I am saying something.”

Jonghyun must have followed my gaze. “Bwo?! Where are you going to go?” Getting up he inspects them. “Is this everything?”

“Neh.” I mumble getting up. “I’m going t check into a hotel or something until I can find a new place.”

Jonghyun begins to get fidgety, jumpy. “But…Jessica.” Frantic almost he turns to me. “I have an extra room.”

“Jonghyun I couldn’t. I mean you and Minho are good friends.”

“So are we.” Jonghyun says continuing to look at my luggage. “If you’re going to move and leave Emma and Minho I don’t want you to be alone.”

Letting out a groan I stare at him; aside from Minho Jonghyun has always helped me out more than the others. Cared for me when Minho couldn’t and not here he is asking me to stay, coming to my rescue…again. “Alright, but just for a little while.”

“As long as you need.” Jonghyun coos. “When are you telling them?”

“Jessica?” Emma yells shutting the door behind her.

“Oh.” He whispers dropping his gaze to the floor. “Now.”

I nod my head, Minho will be close behind, he always is. “Hey what’s with the bags? You moving rooms again?” She asks slowly, her smile dropping. “Jonghyun?”

“Hey Emma.” He says sourly. “I’ll take them.”

“Thanks.” I say giving him a weak smile. “Jonghyun.”

“Anytime.” He says trailing out with my bags. “What me to wait?”

“Jessica?” Emma says her voice quite

“Yeah.” I whisper turning to Emma. “Minho on his way?”

Flustered she blushes. “I don’t know.”

I was a fool to do this for so long, to believe that this would stop, they’d feel bad about it all, but here she is just after another meet with him. Blinking back tears I fall on the couch. “I’ll take that as a yes.”

“Jessica? Jonghyun where are you going with all those bags? Wait are those Jessica’s?!” Minho’s voice travels.

“Just go talk to her.” Jonghyun snipes.

On cue Minho comes running in. “What’s going on?”

Taking shallow breaths I stare at them “Minho, Emma I’m moving out.”

“What?!” Emma yells shocked. “Why?”

Closing my eyes, I open them slowly. “I know.” I whisper.

“You know what?!” Minho asks me skeptically moving closer to me. “You and Emma love living together.”

“Aniyo.” I mumble stepping away from him. “Minho, I’m also breaking up with you.”

Again they yell “What?!”

Minho steps closer to me. “Jessica why? What’s wrong?”

Jumping back from him I lose it, I can’t stand this torture, this hurt that I feel. “Me being in the way of you and Emma!” I scream, my tears falling. “I’m not stupid. I see how you both look at each other. Your cologne all over her. The perfume I bout you on him. The calls…I’ve even seen it.” I tell them my voice cracking at the end. “Just because I act like I don’t know what’s going on doesn’t mean it’s true.”

“Jessica…” Minho whispers. “But…”

Walking away from them I frown. “Please, don’t pretend on a count of me.” I snipe slamming the door shut, walking calmly down the hall, Jonghyun waiting, arms open. Running to him I hug him tightly. “Thank-you.” I mumble as we get in the elevator.

 

After a few months I got over the whole Emma and Minho thing, I didn’t really have a choice; my friends are their friends. I’d go to hang out with Jonghyun, Key, Tae and Onew and Minho and Emma would tag along. At first I couldn’t stand seeing them hold hands and what not, but Jonghyun would always grab mine and give it a squeeze to let me know he’s there for me, always.

 

“You know maybe we should just stay in.” Jonghyun says looking at the rain. “I mean Key will just nag us.”

“I guess.” I agree lounging around in my pajamas, five months later and I’m still living with Jonghyun.

Taking a seat next to me grins. “Movies?”

Laughing I rest my head on his shoulder. “Why not?”

Looking down at me Jonghyun blushes. “Jessica?”

“Hmmh?” I ask as we drift closer to each other.

“I like you.”

“I like you, too.” I mumble just before his plump lips collide with mine.



 

Tah-Dah, I've had this one written out for a while, I'm trying to write at least one for each member before I write for one again. :)

What do you guys think so far?

Comment, Request and Subscribe!!!