A Mistake

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

“Onew do you think we’ll be together for long?” I ask him quietly while looking up at the stars, I asked him that a while ago, a few years ago. I remember what he said, I remember because the next day he took it back, he lied to me.

“Of course, we’ll be together always.” He said simply.

 

Hearing him say that made my heart skip a few beats, it made me fall for him so much more, the way he said like it was a for sure thing, even though I knew at the back of my mind that it’s foolish. Two people can’t possibly always stay together; at least Onew and I couldn’t not in the way that I wanted.

 

Walking around sadly looking at the windows of shops all selling things, all things that maybe if I hadn’t been shattered I would have loved, every time I hear his voice what he’d told me the next day rolls through my mind, and tears threaten to fall, my heart feels like it was just squeezed, that I couldn’t possibly make it through it again, my heart being flattened like it he did would break me.

 

“Sohee we can’t stay together.” He mumbles looking away. “I know what I said last night, and I’m sorry.”

On the verge of tears I stumbled back closing the door falling on the ground, tears falling abundantly, my heart shattering, everything that I thought I had suddenly gone. The person I decided that meant the world to me had just rejected me after telling me we’d always be together.

 

I couldn’t even stand to hear his voice for days after, see his picture anything related to SHINee, and let me tell you it was hard, it still is. Hearing his voice boom over the loudspeakers not only scared me but worried me that he was insane.

“Onew what’s a mistake you’ve made that you’ve made?” A man asks

Hearing him sigh sadly, then what sounds like the other members sighing in unison quickly after. “I had this amazing person in my life and I was afraid of hurting them, so much that I was afraid of failing them, of letting them down so much that they’d hate me. So I told that person we couldn’t see each other anymore.”

“Oh, it sounds pretty serious.” The same man says. “If this person is listening do you want to get a message out?”

“Deh, Sohee” He says sadly still. “If you’re listening I want to apologize to you, I’m an idiot, and I know you know that. You’re so amazing that I didn’t want to damage that, it was scary thinking of you and me, but now without you it’s scary not having you near.”

Biting my tongue I look around, where is he? Running around pushing people out of the way and trying to figure out where he is, is no easy task, but finally I find him, talking on a stage, looking out to the crowd.

“Sohee if you’re listening can you forgive me?” He says finishing up.

Hearing people scream out his name, and questioning who I am I let out a few tears, looking around I spot a guy in a black suit, not just any guy but someone that knows who I am, and what I had been to Onew.

“Sohee?” He asks shocked. “You’re here?”

Nodding my head out of breath I explain to him. “I had no idea they’d be here.”

“It was spur of the moment, come on, I’ll take you backstage.” He says taking my hand. Pulling my through the crowd and past the stage Onew’s eyes meet mine for a second.

“Sohee?’ He asks a small smile coming to his face standing up. “Is that you?”

Shocked I turn to see girls all turning their heads to me, most with a murderous look on their face, but some with a ‘oh, is this really happening?! How cute~’ expression.

Nodding my head I wave to him allowing their body guard to lead me backstage, waiting patiently for the interview to end, and the endless questions about who, I am finally ending, Onew runs to me hugging me tightly.

“You heard?” He asks me breathlessly, unable to really answer I nod my head hugging him ack. “I really am sorry.”

“I know.” I whisper nuzzling my head into his shoulder just like I used to when something upset me, and even now I know I should be angry, I shouldn’t have heard, but I couldn’t let him be sad. Onew shouldn’t be sad, feeling him pat my back sympathetic. “You shouldn’t sound like that.”

“What?” He asks pulling back looking my in the eyes, tucking a strand of hair back, his eyes confused. “I should sound like what?”

“Sad.” I whisper to him patting his cheek. “I don’t like to hear your voice like that.”

Smiling at me he hugs me again, kissing my cheek. “You can forgive a fool?”

“Just this once.” I whisper, “As long as this fool doesn’t make any promises he doesn’t intend on keeping.”

Nodding his head Onew kisses my cheek. “I’m going to make you happy; I’m going to be with you.” He mumbles pressing his forehead against mine. “I want to.”

Nodding my head I press my lips against his. “Me too.”



 

Another Onew one (:

Comment, Request, Subscribe!!