Together at Last

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

Scoffing Jiae’s mother glares at the young couple, “Anything? You believe that you both could stand through anything together?” Rolling her eyes Mrs. Choi laughs bitterly. “You’re going off of what hope? Why bother with something so childish?”

Biting her lip Jiae challenges her mother. “It’s not childish to hold on to hope, it’s actually hard, very, very hard.” Glaring at her mother, the resentful stare only angering her mother more. “I spent the last two years doing nothing but. I stayed in New York and did as you asked; I did everything that you asked me to do. I got on that stupid plane taking me away from Seoul all in the hopes that you’d give me just one thing, just to let me be with Taemin, I don’t want to leave him. I know we can be happy.”

The mother unmoved shakes her head walking away. “Jiae, Taemin you’re wrong if you think this is the end. Let’s see if you can face all.”

Taemin glances at the young woman that had once been the girl, the woman that was holding his hand in defiance, out of love and ready to take on the world so that they could be together.

 

As the time passes Jiae and Taemin decided it was time to come out about their relationship instead of having it splashed in the tabloids by a third party. Her mother’s fruitless attempts at splitting Taemin and Jiae eventually lessened, her parents coming round that their young daughter would do anything to preserve the love that she’d found.

“Mother, I think you should just give him a fair chance.” Jiae says watching her mother pace with her secretary following close behind silently and pen poised to write down anything her mother directs at her. “Taemin is trying his hardest to get you and father to like him.”

Scoffing her mother sends her an unpleased look. “The boy took away many prospects not just for you but for the company as well. Jiae do you know how hard your father and I are working to leave this all to you?” She asks bitterly.

Shaking her head in despair Jiae lets out a deep sigh. “Mother, Taemin knows exactly how you feel about our relationship, and yet he continues to try to please you. Taemin is fighting to stay with me, much like I am to be with him. We love each other, why is that so hard for you to accept?!” She asks exasperated by the older women’s repetitive actions. “You and father are always trying to mess up our relationship, but time and time again we probe you wrong. Why won’t you just let us be?!”

Pursing her lips the mother walks over to her daughter, her heart weighing heavy seeing her offspring like this. In a state torn by family and love. “I want what’s best for you.” The older women say her heart softening at the memories of when her husband and she first met and were married a year later. To them the year had been too long, but it’d taken them a while to convince their own parents of their love, however, this only lasts for an instance before she walks away ignoring the nagging thoughts at the back of her mind.

 

The strain on the relationship only made Taemin hold on tighter, Jiae fight harder to stay together.

 

“I’m sorry,” Taemin whispers wiping away Jiae’s tears. “It’ll be ok. We’ll get your parents to see. If not we’ll just have to try harder.” He whispers to the girl that‘d long ago fallen in love with.

Looking up into his brown eyes and still slightly red hair Jiae sees the same feelings that she’d seen the moment that he handed her phone back to him. “I love you, I really do.” She whispers grasping his hand.

Taemin smiles, the ring in his pocket weigh heavy in his coat pocket. “I love you too, and I can’t wait any longer.” He whispers pulling the small box out. “Jiae marry me.” He says simply to the now young woman that’s blossomed before his eyes while facing adversity. “I love you so much, and I can’t imagine being without you. I know that we’ll have to get your parents’ permission, but right now I need you to know how much I love you.” Opening the box he reveals the simple engagement ring, a small diamond set on a thin silver band.

Smiling Jiae nods her head taking the ring he places it on her finger. “I love you too, and I wish they’d see it. I wish they’d see how right we are for each other.” She whispers kissing Taemin full on the lips.

 

Months go by as the two try to think of a way to explain to Jiae’s parents that she’s accepted a marriage proposal, and a way to allow the two to be together.

 

“Jiae what’s this?” Her father asks taking her hand in his inspecting the ring now occupying her finger. “An engagement ring?” He questions staring at it. “From Taemin.” He says a small smile gracing his lips, the memories of his wife’s sad excuse for a ring. Having come from nothing and building up they’d lost touch with their roots.

“A what?” Her mother asks in shock overhearing the conversation. “Impossible, what could the boy offer you?!” She demands.

Smiling Jiae touches her mother’s shoulders to quell her anger. “My happiness. I love Taemin, and I’m sorry if you don’t see it, but it is there and it isn’t going anywhere.” Jiae says confidently, looking over at her father who seems to be nodding his head stuck in memories.

“Darling,” The older gentleman says reminding the woman of how they met, the people disputing their love for each other, giving his blessing.


The final part to Taemin and Jiae's story. I hope you enjoyed it ^^

A little on the crappy side, sorry, but I didn't like it ending just like it did at part 4 so... here we are.

Comment, Request and Subscribe!!