Attractive Honesty

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

There is something really special about seeing someone’s honest side, those little moments that they are left unguarded, like when they are surprised and for just those few seconds you can see how shocked they are, gasping when someone they love in a movie or book die, when they eat something they love or when they fall in love.

I’ve always been drawn to people and their honest sides, the only problem is, people aren’t honest all the time, I’m not either, but I just can’t help in those brief moments, I simply fall in love with those honest looks, they’re beautiful to me and irresistible.

Gripping my camera tightly I stare at the man with the sunglasses blocking most of his face; he’s just sitting on a bench, kinda like he’s sunbathing. I take a variety of pictures from different spots and angles before I decide to take one right in front of him. Part of me wonders if he’s asleep or if I’ll get that brief moment of honesty.

Standing right in front of him I snap a picture, sitting up straight he looks at me alarmed. “Who are you?” He demands with an angry tone.

“Art student” I tell him pointing to my camera, I point to the university. “Who are you?” I ask him curiously.

“No one.” He decides quickly while looking away from me.

I hold back a laugh; I’d hate to insult him, well not entirely. “Well you’re in a very public place, and I’m pretty sure I got some good shots.” I explain showing him my camera. “Thanks, and that last shot was perfect, that kinda slack face.” I say sincerely. “Kinda goofy, a slight gasp and that feeling of not knowing what to do in that split second, was really great.”

“Sorry, are you insulting me?” He asks confused. “It sounds like it.” He says standing up while stretching. I shake my head. “Was that a sarcastic head shake?”

“No, why are you so skeptical?” I ask him frowning. “That last shot is my favorite, a moment of your honesty.” I declare proudly, the stranger sends me what I’m assuming is a quizzical look. “I can’t tell what your facial expression is. Your sunglasses are blocking your eyes.”

“A moment of my honesty?” He asks taking his glasses of and tucking them on his collar, he looks at me expectantly.

Pouting I turn away from him. “Out of all of SHINee, it had to be you.” I say in fake disappointment. “Not Minho, I got the shorty.” I whine while turning to face him.

Jonghyun’s face slacks, and again I take a picture. “That was mean.” He pouts cutely, and again I take a picture. “Yah, stop.” He commands in a slightly diva tone.

“Those ones were for me.” I tell him smiling. “Anyways thank you for putting up with my crazy hunt for honest expressions, continue on with your sunbathing.” I tell him throwing up a victory sign. “Also I hope you don’t get mobbed, that would kinda since it’s a nice day and all.” I say turning away.

“Yah, I don’t get your name or anything? Just that you’re an art student and you like honest expressions?” Jonghyun half-shouts, turning I see him pouting at me. “That doesn’t really seem fair.”

“Is it so you can pass it on to Minho? Because that would be cool.” I say smirking at him, Jonghyun scoffs at me. “Though I think if you want to find out my name, you should ask nicely.”

“May I have your name?” He asks after a moment.

I smile at him and nod my head. “Hong Haneul” I answer simply. “Anything else you’d like to ask?” I ask smiling at him.

“Is your favorite really Minho?”

Laughing I shake my head; I debate if I should tell him the truth or mess around a bit, but seeing as I’ve already been mean. “You’re my favorite, you have really nice voice, plus your reactions seem to be really genuine, like you have a lot emotion behind your reactions. Anything else?”

“Lunch; do you want to get lunch with me?” He asks confidently. “Because Haneul, I’d really like to get lunch with you.” I smile at him, there I go again, that attractive honest streak I have going. “Something the matter?” He asks in a slightly teasing voice.

“I’ll have lunch with you, but I’m at a disadvantage you know?” I tell him as I follow him in the direction away from the university and towards the street, slipping his sunglasses back on he looks at me questioningly, well I’m assuming that. “You already know, I like that honest thing, and there you go spouting things with an honest air.”

“Yah, that’s genuine.” He says playfully, smiling at me like that I find myself shaking my head fighting a blush. “Besides I think you’re quirky and cute.” He says happily.

“You’re cheesy and a bit showy, though you have that honest flare; I’ll accept your flirty self today.” I say happily. “That and since you’re treating, I think I can be nice enough to do so.”

Jonghyun seems to take this happily. “Well I think you could stand to be flirty back too.” The cocky main vocalist says in that charming and soothing voice of his.

“I think you’re lucky, I do feel a little flirty.” I tell him complying, because Jonghyun is cute, and I’m hoping for the best.

 


 

I'll admit that this last one was a bit selfish. > u <
Jonghyun for the longest time was my ultimate bias, and for the most part he still is.
So I wrote this one for me. XD
I'm a bit sad that this is over, though I am proud of myself, I reached my goal.
(Exactly two years later~!)
I love SHINee so this was a lot of fun for me, and I feel like
throughout my little challenge I improved my writing style.
And to conclude I'd like to thank you all for reading, subscribing, requesting and even upvoting.
I hope you all enjoyed reading these
and maybe I'll do another challenge for SHINee. ^^~

And so we have the 100th and last chapter.
Thank you all again.