Reasons to Smile; Dancing

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

Pouting I glare at my feet, at the moment I’m blaming them. “Why can’t you move correctly?” I whine as I hunch over to hug my knees and partly to poke my feet who are defying me. Sighing heavily I glare at my feet once more before getting up to try again. “Kai are you sure anyone can learn to dance?” I ask him again.

Chuckling he smiles at me while nodding his head confidently. “If you keep trying I’m sure you’ll get there.” He says brightly, coming to stand in front of me he places his hand gently on my side then holding his hand out for me to take. “Jinri just don’t think about it too hard.” He says gently.

Puffing my cheeks up I nod my head still determined to learn how to dance. “I want to learn.” I murmur a bit sadly. Well you might be wondering why exactly. I’ll tell you. Lee Taemin. He is the only reason I’m learning. We’ve been dating for a long time, and well I want to try so that when I dance with him I’m not crushing his toes.

“What are you two doing?” Turning around surprised I step away from Kai, Taemin is staring at us both appalled at how closer I was standing with him, that and I won’t dance with him anymore. “Jinri I thought you didn’t dance.” He says furrowing his brows.

Kai smiles at him. “I’m helping her learn.” He says shrugging his shoulders. “Our little Jinri here is learning for you.” He says smirking at Taemin.

Tae looks at me now surprised at hearing this. “Jinri you know I can help.” He mutters walking over to me. “Why would you ask Kai?”

“HEY! I’m a dancer too!” Kai protests, pouting at us. “Haven’t we all been friends for a while? Huh? I think we can acknowledge that I dance too.” He says hotly.

Biting my lip I glance at Taemin before looking back down at my feet. “So that the next time you ask me to dance I don’t step on your feet.” I mumble out, though now it sounds a bit lame. “I just wanted to surprise you. So Kai has been helping me out…a lot.”

At this I can imagine Kai's smug grin. “I have and Jinri has gotten a lot better, you should try dancing with her.” He suggests turning the music back on.

Taemin holds his hand out to me, nervously I take his hand as he pulls me into his arms; it’s a slow song, the same one Kai and I have been practicing too. I stumble through the steps; well I suppose at least I’m not stepping on him. Smiling softly at my progress, I finally work up the courage to look at Taemin.

Smiling down at me he kisses my forehead. “You look happy.” He murmurs.

I nod my head. “I haven’t stepped on your feet.” I mumble a bit shyly.

Chuckling Taemin stops to hold my hands, shaking his head at me slightly. “I never minded you stepping on my feet, I just like dancing with you, but if this means you’ll smile more and well, dance with me then I’ll help you out too.” He says pushing a strand of my hair out. “Come on we should go treat Kai to lunch.” Taemin says looking back at our best friend.

Kai grins at this. “Well if you’re offering.” He says giddily. “Let’s go you slow pokes.”

Scoffing I consider tossing something at him, but then again Kai has been a big help. “Oppa I’ll continue to get better for you and me.” I say brightly.

Taemin grins at me. “I hope I get to watch now.” He says playfully. “Kai slow down the restaurant isn’t going anywhere.” Tae calls tugging me to run behind him as we try to catch up with Jongin.

 


 

 

> u <
A bit of a mention in this one.
But I think it's okay. c:

 

[16 left]
[13 planned]
[3 available]

Onew Jonghyun | Key [1] | Minho [1] | Taemin [1]

P.S
I suppose I should have explained the above.
The ones that aren't crossed out are the members that
are still available to make requests with.
Onew and Jonghyun have been filled.
c: