Making it Count

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

You told me to never look back, that when I walk away make it count, well here I am making it count and you’re calling me to come back, to stay with you, stay here with you. Feeling the chilling air of fall coming I grip my sweater closer to myself, my heart racing from me finally taking a stand, finally sticking up for what I want, not you.

 

Turning to see Doo Joon smirk I shake my head in dismay. “The funny thing is you always told me to stand my ground, but now you want me to come running back, Doo Joon that’s not going to happen.” I tell him turning on heel.

 

Just thinking back to that I smile happily, knowing I finally took charge of what I wanted, it felt good, amazing, perfect and best of all I was finally pleased with my life. Taking a seat at an empty table I pull out my book with my latte set in front of me. As I’m reading my book I’m acutely aware of a pair of eyes on me. Turning slowly I see a guy turn his head looking away from me, smiling I stare at him until he looks back.

Blushing he waves at me gently, his large brown eyes, his pale pink lips curved into a delicate smile, his hair a deep caramel brown with a straw hat topping it, waving back at him he points to the chair in front of me, nodding my head he makes his way over to me taking a seat in front of my he bows.

“Hello, I’m Jonghyun.”

Smiling at him I bow back the best I can in a chair. “I’m Eun-Ju.”

Taking with Jonghyun was easy and he kept the conversation flowing with his vast knowledge of random things, I hadn’t even realized it but before I realized it I’d agreed to a date with him, trade numbers and we were both on our way to our respected errands or in my case home. The entire walk home I felt as though I were walking on air, like I just discovered the key to happiness. Meeting someone by chance, randomly and then putting your best foot forward.

 

At the appointed time and spot I showed up in light-washed skinny jeans, a pink top that was air enough to keep me cool in the summery air, my favorite pair of shoes and my hair worn down wavy framing my face, my make-up done simply and lastly a small book bag serving as my purse. Seeing Jonghyun in regular jeans, a white shirt and sneakers waiting made my heart skip a beat, smiling widely when he sees me approaching.

“I was getting a little nervous.” Jonghyun admits meeting me. “But then again I showed up early…Not the best thing to say.” He says nervously.

Giggling I smile at him. “Actually I think it was a pretty great thing to say.” I tell him honestly. “It’s sweet.”

Flashing me a smile he motions for us to start our date. “First I thought we could go to the zoo.”

 

Following his lead Jonghyun and I walk in a comfortable silence. “So what’s the most important thing to you?” Jonghyun asks me his own ice cream cone.

“Making it count; that you’re trying your best and you aren’t just giving up.” I tell him simply. “You?”

Chuckling he smiles at me. “You make my follow up sound lame.” He jokes. “But since you asked it’d have to be that I’m happy, or what I’m doing something that’s important to me, like making someone else happy.”

Sure his hint was cheesy, but he’s making his best effort and I like that, I want to get to know him, I want to make him smile, I want him to be the reason I smile.



 

Happy :) Feedback? You guys have been a little quite lately :/

Comment, Request, Subscribe!!