Ideal Type

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

It was one of those nights, spent wasted on a party; the ones that draw out the absolute worst in people, bringing a change to myself.

In a way if I could have looked back at the party at the time I would have seen how ironic and idiotic it was, not to mention pointless. The endless music, loud beats overpowering the sound of anything else/ The indescribable smell of sweat, beer, chips, and the faint odor of puke. All around I was surrounded by people, some I knew others I didn’t, but what stuck out was that all the girls I knew and came with have suddenly disappeared. My so called friends left me alone. Ditched me as soon as Soon-Kyu showed her face with the guy of my dreams…what at least I thought was the guy of my dreams. In all reality he was an ideal, as my sister and brother are quick to point out, an ideal us just that; an ideal, an idea, a stupid thing to obsess about.

“Hey Sang-Hee.” Soon-Kyu says; a steely smile and a sly look in her eyes. Soon-Kyu my personal tormentor, a girl that for whatever reason sees fit to try and make my life a little bit more miserable than necessary. Soon-Kyu has this voice so unbelievably squeaky and snobby sounding you’d think it was fake…it’s not. With her arm s around Jonghyun.

Smiling back I answer. “Oh, hey Soon-Kyu “

“Have you met my boyfriend?” She asks me hoping for a rise out of me. No thanks, not going to happen not in front of Jonghyun.

“No, I haven’t. Nice to meet you.” I say turning to Jonghyun. “I’m Sang Hee.”

Dissatisfied with my reaction she hardens her stare at me as Jonghyun replies. “Its nice to meet you too, I’m Jonghyun.”

There was no way I thought that’s how I would meet my ideal guy. Not through some lame attempt at Soon-Kyu.

Making up some mediocre excuse I bid goodbye to the pair and disappear into the sweaty mass of people dancing. Eventually I end up sitting outside drinking some fruit punch talking with Kibum, who insists on being called Key.

“So this is fun.” He says distastefully.

Laughing I nod my head. “Tell me about it. My friends ditched me, a girl I hate is suddenly dating my dream guy and I got to have my first conversation with him as a girl feigning boredom.” I complain.

Key smiles at me half-heartily. “I know. My best friend dragged me here with his girl friend, and if you ask me she’s some capital .”

Sighing I look over the deck. “So Key why come if you hate the girl?”

“I’m hoping they break-up. It’s only a matter of time until she gets bored.”

“Ouch. That sounds a little harsh.”

“Ha.” Key says sarcastically. “The girl is only dating Jonghyun to get some girl.”

“J-J-Jonghyun?” I stutter. “He’s your best friend?”

Key nods his head. “You know him?”

“Soon-Kyu?” I ask him.

“You know the sorry ?” Key questions me suddenly, very warily.

“She’s dating my dream guy.” I say blinking back my surprise.

“Jonghyun is your ideal?” Key laughs airily.

Meekly I nod my head. “I really hate Soon-Kyu.”

“Well here she comes.” Key pouts, patting my hand absently.

Not daring to turn I hear her shill voice first. “Sang Hee! Oh my god I’ve been looking for you everywhere.”

Reluctantly I turn my head to her. “Have you?”

“Kibum you know Sang Hee?” Jonghyun asks brightly.

Turning to glance at Key, him rolling his eyes. “Yeah.”

 Chuckling I smile at him “Cute” I mouth to him.

“OH. MY. GOD.” Soon-Kyu shrieks, Key and I both visibly flinch at her voice. “Are we interrupting you?”

Key quick to answer and my guess eager to be rid of Soon-Kyu I assume says “Yeah you sort of are.”

“We are SO sorry!” Soon-Kyu says, exaggerating the ‘so’.

“Sang Hee I had no idea you have a boyfriend!”

Rolling my eyes I’m about ready to snap ‘Why the hell would I tell you?’ Instead I smile at her. “Oh, yeah.”

“Well, Jonghyun and Snooki.” Key says standing up, taking my hand with him, forcing me to stand.

“Soon-Kyu.” She corrects him, forcing me to stand with him.

“Right.” Key leads me to the door. “We’ll see you later.”

Quickly Key leads me through the party, with ease. Deciding to just go with it I allow myself to be dragged around, through masses of people, around furniture and the occasional passed out guy or girl. Before long Key has navigated us out of the party and down to the streets, and ultimately to a car.

“Would you mind indulging me in your lovely company?” He asks me smiling.

Letting out a relieved sigh “Why the hell not?”

I’m not really sure when, but at some point of the running through the night I stopped caring about Jonghyun with  Soon-Kyu and more about seeing Key.

 

After a few days of us actually hanging out in less extraneous, loud and obnoxiously rowdy parties, I found that Key is quite hilarious, kind, a complete gentleman; he’s very pleasant to be around, unless of course Soon-Kyu, or Snooki as he calls her, comes up or around. He cares deeply for his friends, and is a very honest person, in a wonderful sort of way. Key likes to voice his opinion it’s a wonder that no one’s killed him yet, but I guess he’s thrilling to be around because of it.

“You know she thinks we’re really dating.” I tell Key while we’re playing video games at his apartment. “She’s quick to complain about you, almost as quick as you are to call her Snooki.”

“You actually hang out with her?!” He asks me incredulously.

Laughing dryly I respond to the horrendous accusation. “Hell no. She’s just fond of leaving messages on my phone.”

“Really?” He asks laughing. “Is it less shrill?”

“No more.” I say flatly as Key beats me at the game. “It gets shriller the whinier she gets.”

“I can imagine.” He says making a face.

“Well Jonghyun us complaining about her more.” He hints, Key does this sometimes, and to be honest it’s the only real thing I find irritating about him, other than that I suppose I’ve been falling for him more and more, in turn forgetting more and more about Jonghyun.”

“So?” I ask him leaning back on the couch. “To be honest it doesn’t really matter does it? They’ll break up.”

“You could get your chance.”

Shrugging my shoulders I smile at Key. “Naw.”

Key grabs my hand. “Charmed, by me are you?” He teases.

Laughing I lean towards him. “Completely.” I admit.

I don’t think this is quite what Key expected me to say, but he took it in a stride; leaning closer he places his lips onto mine. Slowly our kiss become more intimate, Key become more and more impatient. Pushing me back causing me to squeak in surprise using my moment of surprise he slips his tongue in.

Pulling apart our lips red, I smile at Key. “You’re cute.”

“What about your ideal?” He asks resting his body on mine.

“To hell with that. I’ve had a new one for awhile.” I admit, looping my arms around Key’s neck I bring his wondrous lips to mine, Key and I beginning our ideal matched relationship.


The first one (: Comment and Subscribe!!