Closest Way Possible/Dear Diary

I Hate You, Enemy. Not.

Miyeon struck a note on her guitar and not long before she got started on her song, the door flew open revealing Jimin.

He smiled lightly at her and she blinked at him. “Yes?”

“You want to go out today?”

He looked awkward as if he was unsure of what he was doing.

Miyeon checked her clock and it was five minutes until five o’clock. She looked back at him, “Why? It’s getting late,” she says and he shrugged his shoulders.

“Molla.”

She smiled at him, “Arasso. Let’s go,” she sat down her instrument before getting off the bed and walked passed him.

He in his breath and followed her from behind.
 

After getting their sandwiches, they both sat down and ate. It was quiet but Miyeon spoke up after a few bites.

“Why’d you come to school today?” she asked him, wiping her lips with a napkin.

Jimin smirked.

“Why, am I not allowed to?”

She shook her head.

“Ani. It’s just..I thought you weren’t feeling well, that’s all,” she explained and he just stared at her with a teasing look.

“I’m touched by your kind reason,” he patted his chest and she rolled her eyes.

“.”

He watched as she ate and slurped her drink, thinking what he should do or say. He bit his lip and looked down, sighing.

“What do I do?” he whispered and Miyeon tilted her head to the side.

“Are you okay? Is something wrong?”

He looked up quickly with his eyes wide open, “N-Ne?”

She looked at him weirdly and said, “Yah, are you okay? You seemed out of it.”

Jimin laughed nervously and nodded, “Of course! Wh-Why?”

“You’re acting...Different..Am I missing something here?” she questioned him and he shook his head.

“No, yes! N-No, why?”

She ignored his response and hurriedly finished her food before getting up and Jimin did the same, except he didn’t finish his.

“Should we go for a walk? It’s nice out right now,” she suggested and he nodded. She smiled and ran ahead of him.

“Han river!”

He watched her from behind and it wasn’t long until they got to their destination. The sunset was beautiful and bright red orange. She sat down by the edge of the river and leaned back with her hands supporting her body. Jimin smiled at the scene as well but his view was on her. He enjoyed the sight of her being calm as if there was nothing in the world to worry about.

 

“Ahh~ How nice,” she smiles brightly and sniffed in the fresh air surrounding her. It was a nice feeling and she didn’t want it to go to waste. She savored the moment and kept the feeling inside of her.

She then turned to look at Jimin whose attention was already on her. Although his stare was intense, she gave him a blank look. It was as if he was busy trying to figure out something but she couldn’t tell. His expression both soft and confused.

And he finally opened his mouth and spoke.

She swallowed hard when she heard his question.
 

The boy stared at the mirror and sighed softly. He had been thinking all day since the moment he saw her crying and he had finally made a decision.

“Please don’t be upset,” he prayed and put his head down, his hands were balled into fists now.
 

“Miyeon-ah, do you like anyone?”

She swallowed hard when she heard his question. She didn’t know how she was going to answer him or give one. But she gave him a tough look letting him know she wasn’t fazed by it at all.

“Why?”

He let out a small laugh.

“Just wondering..It was just a thought..” he said, lying to himself. He was trying to get a confirmation about her feelings for him like how his friends had advised.

Mission failed.

Miyeon plucked a few pieces of long grass and tied them together, making it into a long strand of boredom.

“There is.”

“Ah, I see,” he bit back his tongue to keep him from speaking any further more.

The girl smiled and kept her eyes on him.

“Shall I tell you, then?”

Jimin shook his head, silently wishing her not to. “No, it’s okay. You don’t have to.”

She frowned. “But I want to..”

Taken aback at her response, he looked at her with big eyes.

“Wh-What?”

“I said, I want to. So do you want to know, or not?” she questioned back at him and he slightly nodded.

With a small amount of excitement, Miyeon pointed the strand of grass she had finished tying at him and said, “You.”

His world seemed to have stopped right there and then at that one specific word.

You.

“You like m-”

Miyeon cut him off before he could finish.

“You’re not going to regret this, right?”

That confused him.

“What?”

She shrugged and repeated what she had meant in a sentence for him.

“I’m saying, you, you’re not going to regret asking, right?” she clarified and he almost smacked himself in the face for being stupid.

Right, how can she like me? How dumb of you, Park Jimin, he told himself and shook his head as an answer for her and she continued on.

“There is someone I do like, in fact love. But I don’t know if I should tell him or not. I don’t even remember the last time we talked honestly,” she finished talking and looked up at the sky.

Jimin didn’t say a word but watched her alone, trying to decipher what was on her mind.

Still looking upwards, she breathed in the air and smiled widely. She was clearly trying her best not to show any signs of feelings towards him. She gazed back at him with her head tilted to the side.

“Gomawo..Oneul..”

Her eyes sparkled at him and he gawked at her in awe. The wind blew and her hair fell, covering half her face and he reached out to curl it behind her ear. She eyed him carefully at the gesture but really, she was calling out to him.

It’s you.

He cleared his throat and apologized before looking away but Miyeon just laughed lightly at his cute embarrassing moment.

“Yah, you’re cute when embarrassed,” she commented and he scoffed.

“No.”

She grinned at him. “But, Jimin-ah..Can I say something else?” she asked him and he nodded, less awkward now.

“What is it?”

The girl hugged her knees, her eyes already watering.

“No matter what happens, you’ll always be my friend. We may be enemies, but to me you’re considered a friend. Nothing will ever change, right?”

The look in her eyes showed a glint of sadness but that wasn’t all, and he knew better more then anyone else.

Fear.

He gave her an assuring smile.

“Don’t worry. No matter what happens, we’ll always be friends..”
 

Dear Diary,

Although I wasn’t able to tell him who the person responsible for my feelings were, I decided to keep him as a friend.
No matter what..Because I don’t want to lose him. It may be considered selfish but it’s the closest way possible to keep him by my side.

Another truth: I don’t want to lose him again.

- Miyeon
130511

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud ARMY here! BTSxAMAs!

I almost cried! I'm glad they're being known, especially for their music and messages. I'm so proud of our boys! T.T <3

Also, I know I haven't been on and updating but I just want you all to know that I'm grateful for you guys for reading this story.
Thank you so much! And it's said to say but the ending is coming. Not soon but it's coming.

 

Thank you! And let's continue to make our boys happy!
BTSxARMY FOREVER!

 

Oh! And don't forget to VOTE for BTS on MAMA!!!!
http://www.mwave.me/en/vote/mama/vote

For: Best Male Group; Best Dance Performance Male Group; Best Music Video; Qoo10 Song of the Year; and Qoo10 Artist of the Year
 

 

 

"Team work makes the dream work."
- BTS