First Kiss

I Hate You, Enemy. Not.

“Andwae!”

 

Miyeon screamed and shot up from her bed as cold sweat poured down her face and neck. She was breathing for air and could hardly breathe. “J-J-Jimin!” she cried out and ran out of her room and burst into his room. Tears welled her eyes and slowly ran down her cheeks as she stared at his sleeping face. She hiccupped and tried to keep her cry to herself as she didn’t want to wake him up. For the first time in a while she felt scared and useless, not being able to do a thing about it.

 

Her dream.

 

It scared her more than anything and just the thought about it coming true scared her even more. She didn’t want it to be. It was like a curse she had to prevent from happening. But how?

She didn’t know.

 

The girl turned around wiping the tears that were still flowing down her face as she walked back to her room and no matter how much or how many times she wiped her face dry, more tears kept coming down. She couldn’t help it. It was too scary and she couldn’t stop thinking about it.

 

Three-thirty, it said on her clock on her nightstand and her head throbbed. She remembered going out and meeting Daehyun. Drunk. She was laying in her bed still trying to hold the tears that was going to burst out of her eyes any second now until she heard footsteps and she quickly closed her eyes tight with the covers over her body and head.

 

Her door squeaked opened.

 

“Miyeon?”

 

She heard Jimin’s tired voice and it would’ve melted her at that moment but the time right now wasn’t acurrate.

 

“Are you awake?”

 

He walked over to her and she slowly opened her eyes, tears rolling down the corner of her eye. Miyeon uncovered herself and looked up at him. He was rubbing his eyes trying to stay awake.

 

“J-Jimin..?” she said and it came out in a whisper.

 

He hummed in response and she sniffled, wiping her tears away. “M-Mian. Did I wake you up?” she asked softly and he shook his head. “You did but it’s okay. Gwenchana? I heard you up.”

 

At that part she bit her lip and kept quiet. She didn’t know how to respond as she didn’t want to tell him that she had had a bad dream and woke up crying to him like a helpless child.

“I-I’m okay. Thanks for asking,” she answered instead and he nodded. He could see her red eyes and he knew in that instant she had been crying. His heart broke at the sight of seeing her like that but didn’t want to say anything so he said, “Does your head hurt? You came home drunk with Daehyun hyung.”

 

Miyeon nodded.

 

“I’ll get you a glass of water and a piece of lemon,” he told her and went downstairs as she sat up and watch his shadow from the hallway disappear. It felt as if he was leaving her and she frowned thinking about the dream she had had. But not wanting to cry in front of him she told herself to hold it in and she did. “It’s okay, Miyeon-ah. Just hold it in. Breathe. Breathe,” she told herself and inhaled and exhaled repeatedly.


 

“Trust me. This’ll help. I do it all the time,” he said as he watched Miyeon gulping down the glass of water before on the piece of lemon.

 

She cringed at the sour and bitter taste that was entering and he chuckled at her. “You’ll get use to it,” he took the glass from her and sat it down on her stand and she laid back down. “Gomawo,” she thanked him, putting the lemon slice in her empty glass and he only shrugged.

 

Jimin looked around her room and there was nothing out of place than he looked back at her. “Do you need anything else?” he asked. He didn’t worry much at the moment. He was too tired and all he was thinking about the going to bed.

 

Miyeon glanced at him.

 

“Will you stay with me until I fall asleep?”

 

That was what she wanted to say to him so bad but she couldn’t bring herself to.

 

“I’m scared..”

 

She faked a smile and it was a weak one and in her eyes was fear. It was visible but he didn’t seem too fazed by it at all whatsoever. “Ani. Gomawoso. The water and lemon helped a lot,” she says and her lips. It tasted bitter from the skin of the lemon.

 

He nodded and soon headed to bed and as soon as he was gone she frowned. Her body was shaking and all she kept thinking was her dream. She shuddered and gripped onto her cover, silently praying for Jimin to return to her but he didn’t. It wasn’t like he could hear her anyway.


 

She gulped down her tears and tried her best to go to sleep but she couldn’t. As much as she closed her eyes, it kept opening back up and she sat up as a shaky breath escaped from her lips. She couldn’t do it anymore so she got up and scurried into Jimin’s room.

 

When she got in, he was sound asleep and she could see his back as he was facing the wall. She bit her lip but seeing him made her feel a little better.

 

“J-Jimin-ah..” she called softly.

 

He didn’t move or speak and instead, air answered her. So not wasting anymore time she climbed onto his bed and laid beside him, against the wall. Although she was squashed from how small the bed was she was okay with it as long as she knew he was close to her. The warmth of his body warmed her up and she hesitantly wrapped her small arm around his waist. She didn’t want to wake him up. Miyeon smiled softly and watched him for a while until her eyes started to get droopy. Not long after she was sound asleep.


 

“Why is it so hot..” he murmured still half asleep as he kicked the cover off of him and stretched his arm out, hitting something and he opened his eyes, surprised by what it was.

 

Jimin’s eyes widened at the sight and was too shock to even utter a word out. He quickly retreated his arm from above her head and gulped.

 

“What is this. Why is she here, in bed with me? What is she doing here?” A bunch of questions flooding his mind as he just stared at her sleeping face that was in front of him.

 

Around him was her arm and her grip was tight. He could see her face scrunching up in fear and he softened. “This girl. So scared easily,” he silently chuckled to himself and just watched her until she started to stir from her sleep so he closed his eyes.

 

When she stopped moving around was when he opened them again but instead of looking at her resting face, he was looking straight at her with her eyes opened and wide awake. Her eyes were wide and so was his. His heart pounced and it was wild.

 

“O-Oh, Miyeon-ah..” he finally spoke but it came out as a whisper. He wasn’t even sure if she could hear him.

 

She couldn’t breathe, her breath caught in and she looked away, down on the bed. She could feel his stare and it made her uncomfortable. She shut her eyes.

 

Just then she felt his breath on her skin and it sent shivers down her spine. Even though he had just woken up from sleeping his breath didn’t smell like morning breath. It was slightly minty.


 

Jimin watched as she shut her eyes tightly closed and for some reason he moved closer and inched his face closer to hers. This is your chance, he told himself and the next thing he knew, their lips were further from apart.

 

His eyes widened.


 

Her lips were on his and it was surprisingly soft and mushy. As soon as she realized what she had just done she wished she hadn’t but at the same time it felt great. Even if she didn’t want to show her feelings for him, she did - In the most unexpected ways of all other ways to do so.

 

And of course.

 

It was.

 

Her first kiss..


 

He froze and when she pulled away he was just staring at her with his eyes still big. She could tell he was surprised by her action but she just couldn’t hold it in anymore.

 

“I-I’m s-sorry..I-It ju-just happened..” she bit her lip and looked down, embarrassed at herself and at what had just happened.

 

He just stared at her. It was unexpected but she was the one who crossed the line. So he did too.

“Fine. But it’s on you,” he says and looked into her helpless eyes and laid his hand gently on the side of her cheek before he pulled her closer and their lips brushed against one another once more.

 

He could hear her heart beating loudly along with his own. And when he felt her grip on his shirt with a tight squeeze he didn’t know whether to pull away or not. His body was reacting on its own.


 

She flinched as soon as she felt his lips against hers. And even if she wanted to push him away from her, it was her fault and she was frozen in her place, unable to move, so her hands clenched onto his shirt and squeezed it tight.


Instead, she responded back to him and their lips moved together in sync. It felt like a dream. A dream she couldn't forget.