No Way

I Hate You, Enemy. Not.

 

Two weeks had already passed by and the time seemed as if it was passing by slower than it already is. It’s only been a month and a lot of things had already happened from having to live together with one another to problematic situations with past friends as well as falling in love with the opposite person.

And now, things just got even more interesting besides from all the previous scenes.

Miyeon’s eyes gazed over the bright red letters L.B on the piece of cloth the boy had given her a few weeks ago. She ran her thumb over it and suddenly a weird feeling washed over her.

“L.B..Could it?” she mumbled to herself.

She thought it over once more and shook her head. A small part of her wanted to believe that it was but the other side of her wished it wasn’t.

“Oh, you’re already up here,” a male voice spoke making her jump and she turned to look.

It was the guy.

Blondie with pink and orange streaks.

Yep, definitely him.

Miyeon let out a small laugh and moved her bangs out of her face.

“I thought it’s better to be early than later,” she said and he nodded.

He walked closer to her and she felt her heart jumping. She thought it was weird but pushed the feeling away.

She handed the handkerchief over to him and he took it from her.

“Thanks. But you didn’t have to return it. I gave it to you for a reason,” he says with a soft voice.

He was slightly disappointed she didn’t keep it but at the same time he didn’t really care because he got to see her face. Even the slightest thing about her made him happy.

The girl smiled and bowed at him.

“Thank you for your kindness. I’ll make sure to repay you some time.”

He nodded, “Okay, I’ll keep that in mind.”

She stopped breathing for a second when he said that. It reminded her so much of Jimin. Him and his slick response.

Too bad it was only during bad times. At least the memory that came to her mind was one of them.
 

Jimin shook his head and turned around, his back facing her.

“You’re different..Are you sure about that?” he asked her.

But before she could have a chance to answer his question, he spoke again. This time, it was more harsh and unkind.

“We’ll see about that. But for now, I’ll keep what you said to me in mind. And I hope you do that too,” he said and walked away and back towards the cafe.
 

Jimin..

She filled her head with thoughts and memories of him. She knew it wasn’t good but she couldn’t help it. It was the only way for her to remember him and go back to the times when they were together. No matter good or bad. She enjoyed every second of it.

Miyeon didn’t think much when they were going through the bad times but now with the sudden memory, she wanted to know more about him and his feelings. She wanted to know how he felt during those times and what were his thoughts when she was being cruel to him. But most importantly, if he felt the same way as she did.
 

The boy snapped his fingers and she came back to her senses. She gave him a questioning look and he chuckled.

“You zoned out for a second,” he tells her and she apologized but he just shrugged it off.

“It’s okay. But what were you thinking?”

His question made her think twice and asked herself the same exact thing. What was she thinking?

She shook her head and excused herself.

“See you around!”

Miyeon bowed and ran towards the door but before she could open the door, it swung opened revealing a group of guys.

“Yah, L.Joe!”

One of them called out and when she heard the name, her heart stopped.
 

His friends formed a circle around and eyed him. None of them wanted to believe what he was telling them. He had told them that Miyeon didn’t have feelings for him not too long ago.

“Hyung, I really don’t trust you,” Jungkook says and tapped his chin as Suga, his elbow on top of J-Hope’s shoulder nods.

“No matter how much I think about it, I agree.”

“Are you sure you got your facts right?” his Leader questioned him and he nodded, “Of course! Hyung, I was sitting right beside her.”

“I really don’t think you’re right. What if she’s hiding it?” J-Hope threw out a suggestion and they all bought it.

V then jumped in.

“Hyung, you probably misheard her. Did she throw any hints? Girls tend to do things like that,” he said and Jimin sighed for the a hundredth time.

“Yah Taehyung, I know what I heard. She didn’t.”

“Then what did she say exactly?” Jin asked.

The poor boy rolled his eyes and thought about the night they were by the Han River before telling his friends.
 

L.Joe..L.Joe..L.Joe as in Lee Byunghun?

She turned around and looked at the guy she had just got done talking to and he was standing still without moving. He was looking right at her and when she finally realized who he was, she took a step back.

He had been right under her nose this whole time.
 

“Girls who cry are the ugliest. I’m sure you don’t want to be that, do you?” he questioned her. His hand was still extended to her with his handkerchief.

She turned to look at him but he turned his head the opposite direction. “I don’t care. Leave me alone,” she says and he scoffed, still turned the other way. “Yah, you know you don’t like being alone. It makes you even-”

At that he stopped and bit his lips shut. This was enough and he didn’t want her to find out this way so he grabbed her hand and shoved his belonging in her hand and stood up. “Cheer up and don’t cry anymore. It’s better to eat ice cream,” he said in a hurry before leaving.
 

He knew.

When she was on the rooftop, he knew exactly what to say. Too well, as if he had known her for a long time.
 

The boy smirked and held a hand to her and without a single thought, she held it and he gave her a small squeeze.

I’m sorry. Will you please forgive me?

Her friend waved her hands in front of her and when she snapped out of her world, she quickly yank her hand away from him and bowed. “Ah, mianhae. See you around,” she said in a hurry and brushed past him.

 

“You..When you found me on the top and when you held my hand, that squeeze, you knew. You..You knew, didn’t you?” she asked him and he took a step, trying to come close to her.

“Don’t! Stay away from me!”

“Miyeon-I..I didn’t want you to find out this way. I’m sorry,” he said and she scoffed.

“I’m afraid that’s too late. You, don’t ever show up in my face again,” she said at last and turned around to meet the familiar faces that she had forgotten until now. Her eyes started watering and all she could do was brush past them and left.

“Miyeon-ah!”

His friend looked at him with sad eyes.

“I’m sorry, Hyung. I didn’t know she was here,” he apologized.

“It’s okay, Ricky. I was going to do the same thing anyway. But I’ll see you guys later,” he said and ran after her.

His friends watched as he ran. They were worried but they knew better then to get involved.

 

“You idiot, that’s a way of her saying ‘I don’t want to lose you'!” J-Hope retorted and face-palmed himself.

The maknae flicked him on the head and he winced.

Suga shook his head at the feud between them and the situation.

“Jimin, you are so clueless. Are you always this dense?” Nam Joon sighed and Jin ruffled his hair.

The boy glared at them.

“I don’t care what you guys think but I’m going to see Nara Noona no matter what. My feelings for her hasn’t changed and it never will,” he stood on his ground and V looked at him with questioning eyes.

“Are you sure about that?”

He nodded although he thought twice about it.

“I don’t care. All I know is, I heard what I heard and I believe I know what she said. See you guys later,” he said and turned around giving them a quick wave before disappearing.

“He must be nuts,” Suga muttered and the youngest laughed.

“Right.”

V, on the other hand without a thought, ran after him. He was sure he knew exactly how Miyeon feels. It just isn’t possible for her to turn down her feelings if she didn’t want to repeat history again.

“V!”

His friends called but he ignored them and kept running until he reached Jimin.

 

“Miyeon, wait,” he grabbed her hand and turned her around to face him. Her head was looking at the ground and he lifted her chin up so she was looking right at him in the eyes.

“Let go of me,” she said through gritted teeth, clearly upset and hurt.

He frowned.

“Please, let me explain,” he pleaded and she slapped his hand away.

“I hate you. You were here all along but you hid and never showed up!” she said in the calmest voice she could.

“But I’m here, in front of you right now!” he cried out and she pushed him away from her.

“I had to find out through your friends who happened to shout out your name!”

“I know, and I’m sorry! I didn’t mean for you to find out that way.”

“Then how did you want me to find out, huh? A phone call? Were you ever going to tell me anyway? All this time, I went through pain and here you are, who magically appeared in front of me. Do you have any idea what I had endure for your sake, for my sake! Especially Sohyun! She’s hurting because of you!” she shouted, unable to hold back anymore and he knew what she meant.

“I have to go through the sight of Sohyun hurting, crying over you. As much as I wanted to tell her why you left, I didn’t. I thought if I kept it in just a little bit longer, you would come and finally tell her yourself, but no..You’re here hiding in the shadows until I found you,” she glared at him, “I don’t even know if I should be glad to see you here, or be upset.”

He sighed and held onto her hands again.

“I know, I’m sorry. I really didn’t want you to find out like this. I had everything planned out. I’m sorry..” he apologized once more and she bit her lip.

Miyeon wasn’t sure what to feel right now. She had missed him so much and he was standing right in front of her. She wanted to hold him and just cry in his arms but was afraid if she did the pain would return.

L.Joe watched as a tear slipped down her cheek and his heart dropped.

“Miyeon..” he whispered, “Please..”

 

“Hyung!” V called when he saw Jimin standing in the middle of the hall unmoving.

When he got to Jimin, he stood in front of his friend. He wasn’t even aware of the scene behind him.

“Are you sure about your decision?” he asked but Jimin didn’t reply. He was just staring ahead, completely gone.

Confused, he turned to look and saw Miyeon on the ground crying as a guy was holding her.

Jimin then looked at V with a grin plastered on his face.

“See, what did I tell you?”

Taehyung watched, still confused but disappointed.

The elder one smirked.

“I’m leaving. See you later,” he turned back around and walked off, leaving his friend behind still shocked.

But to him, he was relieved to know she didn’t have feelings. There was no way. Writing in diaries and confessing in person are two different things, at least to him, and he wasn’t going to let what his friends as well as Miyeon said get in the way.