Please Come Back

I Hate You, Enemy. Not.

 

 

He looked up to see Miyeon who had snatched the diary sitting in front of him. His eyes were on her but they were in a different world as his thoughts were still jumbled. For the last five years he thought he was the only one with feelings, not the other way around - And finding out like this just don’t make it any better.

“He-Hey! What were you doing? Did y-you read it?” Miyeon stumbled on her words, clutching onto her journal against her chest and he shook his head with a small laugh.

“Ani. Why would I? You know I don’t like getting involved with people’s private matters,” he got up and threw his bag on his shoulders as Miyeon eye him from her seat, stuffing her diary in her bag.

“Where are you going?” she asked and zipped her bag.

He shrugs at her question before closing her books and grabbed her bag away from her and shoving her belongings inside it. “Hey! What do you think you’re doing?”

After putting the last of her things in, he handed her back her bag. “Somewhere. What do you want to do today?”

She scoffed and rolled her eyes before snatching her bag from his hands. “Jerk. Anywhere is fine..” she replied back and started walking off as he followed from behind. He watched her and he thought to himself about her feelings. He wondered why she never told him about it and why she isn’t doing anything. He was starting to think if he should confess to her or not, or at least let her know about how he truly feels. At the same time, he didn’t.

When he finally caught up with her, he bumped shoulders with her and she looked at him with a brow raised. “What’s your problem? And why the serious look?” she asked when she saw how serious his expression was. He had his thinking face on.

The boy shrugged his shoulders and stuffed his hands in his pockets. “Nothing..Just thinking,” he says and she grinned. “About what?”

“Nothing much..Just things..”

She gave him a ‘Yeah riight’ and he chuckled. “Yah, what about you? Do you have anything you want to discuss? Anything you want to tell me?” he asked aiming for answers from her. He had made the decision to reveal his feelings if she did the same. Until the day she does, he wasn’t going to.

It was quiet and he bit his lips, hoping she would just come out and say it so he could do the same and get it over with but instead, he got a, “Nope. Not a thing,” and he frowned. This was her chance to but she threw it away.

He nodded only at her response. “Ah..I see.”

“Why? Were you expecting something?”

“Ani. Just asking..”

She grinned and smiled at him only. “I see..”

He laughed to lighten up the mood. It was getting awkward and he thought this was what she was talking about. It was a pretty y feeling, especially best friends at that.

“What should we do today? Hm..?” he asked her and tried his best to smile as big as he could.

She shrugged, “I’m kinda hungry. How about..Some chicken and coke? Call!” she chimed  with a thumbs up in his face as they walked and he nodded. “Arasso. Call!” he high-fived her and she ran ahead of him, “Race you there!”

He laughed loudly at her, “You know I always win anyway!” he yelled and ran after her.
 

He sighed to himself and just laid there on his bed as usual thinking about that day and how much he regretted it. Every single day and passing every minute and seconds, he regretted it.

“Why couldn’t you just tell me right then and there? Why did you have to lie to me? What was so important about our friendship that you risked getting hurt? Just why, Miyeon-ah?” he whispered and cried quietly.

Although he regretted it, he was upset with her. She chose to lie to him and keep her emotions to herself. All these years she endured the pain and lived with it with no complaint. Just once, he wanted her to be honest with him..
 

Sohyun’s eyes opened when she heard the door opened and closed - It was no one but Miyeon. She uncrossed her arms and turned around to look at the girl standing in front of her. If she was nervous, she didn’t show it. “You made it,” she says and Miyeon nodded still standing behind the door.

While she was waiting, she couldn’t stop thinking about the day she had spotted them at the park. It just wouldn’t leave her mind and every time she thought about it, it made her want to question Miyeon. If they were, or if they weren’t. Whichever it is she hoped it wasn’t what she was thinking about.

“I’ll get to the point so I’m just going to ask you one question,” she told her old friend and the girl nodded with a hummed response.

“That day..What were you guys talking about?”

Miyeon looked up at her, her confused expression. “What day?”

“At the park..On that day..”

At the memory of it, she looked away from Sohyun unable to look at her in the eyes. She had promised and she wasn’t going to break it. As hurt as she already is, Miyeon didn’t want her to hurt even more. Knowing it only meant more pain for her so she kept her straight face on and shrugged. “I don’t know. And even if I know, I can’t tell you,” she said and as expected, Sohyun didn’t take it well.

“What do you mean, you ‘can’t tell me’? Why?” she asked, her blood rising.

Miyeon stayed quiet and she laughed. “Ahh, I get it now. You were trying to get with him behind my back, weren’t you? Come to think about it, you were all over him. I saw you two and it looked like you two were close. Closer than usual,” she spat out and Miyeon just let her finish.

“You guys were hitting it off behind my back, weren’t you?” she finally threw it in Miyeon’s face, who took it so well her face was expressionless she had trouble trying to decipher her look.

Not believing her ears and what she had just heard, the girl scoffed, “You sure do have some imaginations there but I’m sorry to tell you this, you can think whatever or however you want, but I will never take someone I know my friend - No, best friend loves away from them. That’s just low and I will never be that. All I can tell you is Byunghun Oppa really did love you. Now, if you’ll excuse me,” she finished and bowed her head as Sohyun just stared at her with hatred showing on her face and turned around to open the door and walked out as Sohyun just screamed. Her voice was high and filled with frustration and desperation.

I’m sorry, Soyhun..

“What do you mean he loves me? If he did, he wouldn’t have had left without saying a word!” the scream could be heard from across the hall as she made her way to her locker at the other end of the hall.

When she got to her destination, she shut her eyes and inhaled sharply to prevent herself from crying but it didn’t help and tears came down slowly and faster as she was producing more and more. At that moment she wanted to scream and cry out but she couldn’t. So to quiet herself down she covered with her hand and sobbed her heart out.

Oppa..Please come back. It’s hard..
 

He hid in the corner when the girl’s bathroom door opened and saw Miyeon walking out. He had overheard their conversation and guilt was eating him up. It didn’t make it any better when he heard Sohyun’s screams and cries - but what can he do? Nothing. All he could do was watch and listen from a distant away.

He followed Miyeon and saw her at her locker. She had her hand in her face and her back was facing him. He knew she was crying and hurting just as much as Sohyun was hurting and he hated himself for being the cause of it.

“Miyeon-ah..” he whispered, seeing her drop to the ground weeping.

“Please come back..I miss you and I just want everything to be over with. I want to tell Sohyun, so bad I want, but will it be alright for me to do so? I just want this pain to stop. It’s slowly killing me..” she wailed and he heard her loud and clear. It wasn’t just her cries but her pain as well. Both her and Sohyun.

The boy turned around and left with tears staining his cheeks. He silently cried and as he did, he thought about the decision he was going to make.

 

The bells of the shop ringed and when it did, he jumped out of his seat and hurried to the front to only see it was a customer instead. He felt disappointed but smiled anyway for the customer as he walked back to the back room. He had been waiting for her all day and when he looked at the clock, it was three-forty. She was ten minutes late.

“Himchan, customer!” he called out and sulked back in his chair as his elder friend walked past him mumbling.

“She’s late..” he muttered and sighed slowly resting his head on the table.

Youngjae came in and sat across from him. “Don’t worry. She’ll be here,” he says and Daehyun only nodded. “Yeah..Hopefully..”

“Miyeon called her shift off today!” Yong Guk’s loud voice was heard from the front of the shop and Daehyun’s frown deepened. He wanted to see her today but it seemed like God wasn’t on his side today.

“I miss her..” he whispered and Youngjae nodded. “I know..”
 

Jimin raised a brow remembering what he had seen earlier that day. He knew he heard it clearly though he didn’t mean to. He just happened to be there at the same time as the guy who he had seen. He was on his way to his class when he heard someone crying and saw Miyeon and the guy quite a few feet away from her.

“I was sure I heard him..” he in air and bit his lip pondering about it.

 

“I’m sorry..”
 

He tapped his chin and thought about Miyeon too. Now that he think about it, she had said some things too.
 

Jimin was just standing not too far from behind the guy and was about to keep walking towards her as the sight of her crying pained him until he heard her speak.

“Please come back..I miss you and I just want everything to be over with. I want to tell Sohyun, so bad I want, but will it be alright for me to do so? I just want this pain to stop. It’s slowly killing me..”

She sounded so hurt like everything around her was just crumbling down. He wanted to go and wipe her face, telling her not to cry anymore but his legs didn’t move a muscle. It was like he was letting her mourn, but for what exactly? His fist tightened but he just turned around and started walking away.

“If she needs me, she’ll come,” he told himself, trusting his own words as he stalked off to wherever his feet was taking him. He didn’t feel like going to class anymore.
 

He stopped and snapped his fingers when he finally came up with a thought of his own. “L.B!” he said out loud and a pair of arm wrapped around his neck.

“Who?”

It was V and he was grinning widely at Jimin.

Jimin shook his head. “Nothing. Just thinking about something, y’know,” he said and V gave him a look. “You sure? No secret?”

The boy nodded and was about to ask his friend about the others when he spotted Miyeon ahead of them. Immediately he smiled but when he saw how gloomy she looked he frowned. “I’ll catch up with you later,” he waved at V and ran to her.

V just smirked. “Arasso.”
 

“Where are you going?” she heard a familiar voice ask and she looked to see Jimin in front of her. Her eyes widened and instead of giving him an answer, she turned around and started walking the way she came from.

Aish! Really?

Miyeon speed-walked her way back and Jimin ran in front of her again. “You didn’t answer me,” he blocked her way and she looked at the ground only, embarrassed.

“H-Hey, leave me a-alone..” she mustered up all her courage to say and instantly her face started burning.

Jimin smirked at the sight and every inch of sadness was gone. “And why’s that?” he questioned her teasingly.

She mentally rolled her eyes and bit her lip, unable to respond back to him. In her head, she was praying for him to move and let her go on her way but the sad thing was - this was reality - and reality don’t go as we imagine.

 

Instead, she felt a finger under her chin, lifting her face up and when she realized it, her eyes went wide. Heat circulated her body and her heart was about ready to burst.

“Didn’t you hear me? Why would I leave you alone?” he asked, his face only a few inches away from hers and she swallowed.

Hard.

She closed her eyes and whispered, “Too close..Too close..”

When Jimin heard her his lips only grew wider. “Oh, really? Should I move in closer then?” he suggested stepping in with one step then the next.

Miyeon shook her head violently and that only made him want to even more he didn’t want to step away either. He chuckled at her cute reaction and leaned into her ear, whispering, “Am I too close now?” and she shivered, nodding to his question.

He leaned back and let go of her chin.

“Fine. I’ll stop,” he smiles and when she opened her eyes too look at him, he laughed out loud. Her face was hot and she took in a few breaths before pinching him. “ert.”

The boy just smiled at her, telling her he was satisfied. “Wasn’t my fault you came in before I could get out.”

She glared at him. “Why were you in there in the first place? It was my room, my privacy. erted jerk,” she pushed him by his chest and he caught her wrists. In a swift move, he pulled her towards him and crossed her arms in front of her chest and before she knew it, her back was pressed against him and he was behind her. “I enjoyed the view though.”

“Yah!” she squirmed and he only tightened his grip on her. “Stop,” his chin was on her shoulder, resting and he sighed peacefully. “I want to enjoy this moment together,” he said and she stopped. “Wh-What?”

“I said, I-Nothing,” he let go of her and stepped back after realizing what he was doing. “I ha-have to go. S-See you later,” he stuttered and went on his way as Miyeon just watched him walk away dumbfoundedly. His whole demeanor just changed and she wondered why.

“What an idiot.”
 

When he was out of her sight, he breathed out and held onto his chest. He could feel his increased heart rate just from feeling her body against his. He in more air and let the cold air brush against his skin to cool him off.

After a few minutes of cooling off, his phone ringed and he didn’t even have to look at the caller I.D to know who it was. He already knew at how much it was ringing and he rolled his eyes. “I’m coming,” he mumbled and turned back to go inside but the feeling about earlier still hadn’t left his mind.

He raked his fingers through his hair. “Aish, idiot..”

 

Sohyun stared ahead of her on her way home and her thoughts were occupied from what happened earlier in the afternoon. Every time she thought about it, all she could picture was the both of them kissing and holding one another out of her sight. She shut her eyes and shook her head. “Aniya. It’s all lies..” she told herself but at the same time it was hard for her to believe - especially when she had seen them together that day.

 

When she was near the place they would always be at. She knew that something had been bothering him lately but didn't bother to ask why because she knew that when he was ready, he would tell her. She also didn't want to be in his business.

"I hope he's okay," she mumbled on her way but stopped when she saw he was with another girl.

Her eyes squinted, trying to make out who the girl was and her eyes widened when she saw who it was. The girl was laying on the his shoulder and looking ahead of them but didn't see her.

What are they doing here, she thought to herself and started walking towards them. She could see their mouth moving but she couldn't understand what they were saying until she got closer.

 

Her eyes watered and blurred her vision but still, she continued walking. Even though she wanted to hide somewhere so no one would see her, she wished someone would so they could hold her close and tell her it was okay.

“Why?..Please come back..”