Can't Be/Dear Diary

I Hate You, Enemy. Not.

Jimin gazed at her in the position that he was in. He could see the anger in her eyes. She was looking down at her drawing pad but it seem as if she was more concentrated on him, probably cursing him. The irritation she must be feeling right now - And still is.

He puckered his lips out at her, "Still mad?" He asks.

No response.

 

Miyeon can hear him calling out her name, as well as asking if she was still upset with him but she couldn't answer. Although she knew that it wasn't going to stop him from staring at her like a creep, she didn't bother to respond back.

She couldn't.

His gaze was too intense for her. And she knew that if she was to look at him, she wouldn't be able to look away. She was afraid to even give him a small glance. For a second, her mind took her to another place where she didn't want to go.

 

All the students were looking at her, laughing and pointing fingers at her. The so-called Queenkas were bullying her again. They had dumped a bucket full of water on her head, along with some of the students throwing their food at her, calling her trash and pathetic.

Her eyes watered and she wondered why.

Why were they doing all this to her.

Why of all people, her.

She understand that she was friends with him, but that doesn't mean they can do the things they did to her just now. Who can blame her for being friends with him. They both were child hood friends. The bestest friend she could ever ask for.

Was it wrong to be friends with a guy so popular and good-looking that she had to be treated this way from her school mates?

She couldn't answer the question herself.

Her heart felt like it was about to burst, giving out on her.

A single tear fell down on the cold floor, then another, followed by another. She couldn't stop it. Her tears were flowing out of control and she covered to prevent her from making any sound. She sniffled only.

Just then she heard a voice, his voice. Once again, here he comes to the rescue. She could hear his footsteps, soft and gentle along with his group of friends. She felt safe and alive again. "What are you guys doing?" He questioned the students and they stopped immediately at what they were doing.

Her legs gave out and she fell onto the ground, "Miyeon-ah!" she could hear his voice call after her and her heart skipped a beat.

He picked her up and she laid in his arms, a soft smile crept on her lips, "O..O-Oppa.." she said weakly and she could see the worried look in his eyes. It was obvious. She was always the weak one.

"Are you okay?" He asked her as he glared at the students around them and she whimpered. "N-No..I hate this. I-I don't want to be here," she cried out and he frowned. He knew what she was going through, and it was all because of him. He thought he could protect her afterall, they were friends since young but he wasn't able to.

So instead of apologizing, he said, "Don't worry. I'm here now," and hugged her tight in his arms as she just squeezed her eyes tight, wishing for it to last forever. "I'll always be here, for you."

He let go of her and stared at her in the eyes. So intense that she wasn't able to pull away. Her heart thumped, beating faster. "I'll protect you, forever," he promised and gave her a reasurring look before turning to the group of kids around them.

 

Pushing the memory away, she just kept the charcoal piece in her hand moving.

"Miyeon-ah. Answer me, please.."

His voice was calm, yet upset.

Still, no response.

He blew a raspberry, "C'mon, you can't stay mad at me throughout the whole day," he says and she looked her drawing then at him, still drawing. "I thought you said you were going to accomplish you task of being quiet," she said in a mimicking tone and sneered at him.

With a blink, he replied, "I am," and she rolled her eyes at him. "Riight. Sure.."

"Hey, I was just trying to help," he reasoned, giving her a glare in return.

She stopped her sketching and set the charcoal down on her desk before looking at him again. Even if she didn't want to, she did anyway. "Help? For what? To get my grade lower than it already is?" She questioned him with a brow raised, leaving him speechless.

Jimin scoffed at her, "Oh, wow. And I thought you were a straight A or B average student," he shot back at her and Miyeon ignored his comment as she picked up a new piece of charcoal and resumed her drawing. Her eyes focused on his face, then the board infront of her.

 

The silence went on for who knows how long until Miyeon broke the silence. "You know, you don't have to keep an eye on me," she says quietly as she tried her hardest to focus on drawing his shirt on the pad, "No one's going to kidnap me. And I'm a C average kid," she finally finishes her sentence and it surprised him. "Can you tilt your head to the right a little bit," she told him, moving her sketching piece along with his movements and she nodded when he was at where she wanted him to be.

He then replied, "How would you know? I'm doing this for your parent's sake," and she shrugged only, "You don't have to."

Jimin gave her a look only, refusing to take her respond as an answer.

 

As she was concentrating on the drawing of him, she could feel the pumping in her heart. It was a familiar feeling. It breaks her every time just thinking about it. Him. She wished the feeling would just fade and let her go back to her old self, but it was useless. It's already been more than three months now and the feeling was still going. God, she hated the feeling so much.

 

Jimin stared at her, his eyes concentrating on her. Her small body in her uniform along with her long, redish hair. Boy, did she look beautiful when focusing on her assignment.

He looked, paying close attention and noticed her bangs were covering almost half of her eyes and she blew it out of her way, he chuckled silently only and he could see that she was really focused on the drawing by the wrinkles forming on her forehead and her lips puckering up. He even notices that she scrunches her nose every other minute when she was thinking.

He raised a brow, wondering what she was on her mind.

"Yah, don't do that."

Her annoyed tone woke him up. "Oh, mianhae.."

She gave him a nod before moving her hand again.

 

The bell rung and students scurried out, leaving only Miyeon and Jimin in the room. She wasn't quite satisfied with her drawing but thought she did good enough anyway and finally turned it in.

"Nice work today, Miyeon and Jimin," their teacher complimented and Jimin bowed, "Ne, kamsahamnida."

The teacher stared, shocked yet impressed with the new side of him as Jimin then turned to Miyeon, "I'll go first. See ya," he says before walking aboutt of the classroom.

Miyeon shook her head and handed the teacher her drawing. "Not bad," she says as she observed the sketch before looking at Miyeon, "I'm impressed with you both."

A blush crept up on her cheeks and she bowed, "Thank you."

Her teacher gave her a nod, "You may leave," she said before sitting down and Miyeon bowed again before turning her heels, heading towards the door when her teacher called her name again, "Ne?"

"I'm proud of the two of you today, especially Jimin. I hope for him to continue like this."

Miyeon turned to look at the door where Jimin was. He was leaning against the doorframe with his hands in his pockets. He returned her with a smile and her heart skipped a beat.

She then turned back to her teacher, bowing and thanking her once again before hurrying towards the door. Without waiting for him, she flew past him, nervous and frightened.

"Yah, wait for me!" she heard him shout behind her, trying to catch up to her and she shut her eyes closed tight.

No.

No way.

She thought.

 

There was no way she was.

 

Dear Diary,

This isn't happening..Right..?

My heart thumps and beats as usual. But it skips each time he smiles.
His smile is not attractive at all..

It races faster than usual when I'm close to him with any kind of contact.

This isn't right..What's wrong with me?
There's no way. I can't be..

- Miyeon
130506

Ah! And his smile is so refreshing. When he smiled at me today, it sent me to a faraway place.. 💘

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys, this will be my last update.

My next update will be next week.
I don't know what day, but I will update is all I can say! Kek.
And as I said before, I will ONLY update ONCE A WEEK.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!!

I love you guys, and thank you for subscribing (For my new subbies!).

Have a great day/night! Muah!

 

And also guys, make sure to pay attention to what she is doing in her diary. Like, crossing out words.
It's a part of the story and the title.

Anyway, here are some gifs of Jimin and his y . >;}
No pictures/gifs are old for me. <3