Once

I Hate You, Enemy. Not.

“How did he look? His expression?” Eun asked Miyeon when she finished telling her the story about the other day.

 

The girl just shrugged. “I’m not sure myself..”

 

After Miyeon said that she went back to the scene in her head and tried to remember it.


 

“What...Are you doing here?”

 

Without looking up at him, she replied, “Nothing!” and scurried down the stairs, cursing herself.

 

I knew I shouldn’t have come!

 

She was screaming in her head and about to open the door to make her escape when she felt a hand on her wrist. She jumped back and finally looked at him. He still looked the same but it seemed like he lost a bit of weight and she gave him a sullen look.

 

“Wait...Can we talk? It’ll be quick, I promise,” he asked, assuring her and she bit her lip unsure to agree or not.


 

Eun stared at her friend awaiting an answer from her. “So..?”

 

Miyeon flinched remembering it. “He looked...Sad...Hurt when he saw me..” she mumbled.

 

“Wah, he must’ve missed you,” Eun interrupted her thoughts and she groaned. “Thanks for making me feel bad. But, he hurt me too,” she defended herself and her friends scoffed. “Probably not as much as you hurt him.”

 

The girl scoffed in return.

“Is this about who’s hurting who more, or about my problem here?” she asked Eun and crossed her arms.

 

The younger girl frowned. “Sorry. But keep going,” she pouted and smiled at her.

 

“He asked if we could talk but I didn’t give him an answer.”

 

“And why is that?”

 

Miyeon sighed, “Hey, I didn’t get a chance to give him one because he kicked me out. Second, I wasn’t sure I could handle it so,” she stopped and groaned. “I was scared, okay? I didn’t want to mess things up then they already are.”

 

Eun sighed and hugged the older girl and squeezed her. “Oh, Unnie. You shouldn’t over think things. You gotta let it flow and go with it.”

 

“I know..I was being stupid,” she said, muffled in Eun’s shoulder and her friend looked at her dead in the face. “You’re not stupid. Don’t say that.”

 

Miyeon smiled. “Thanks for listening. I’m glad we’re friends,” she hugged Eun with all her might.

 

“What are friends for?”


 

Upon seeing Jin frown down at his phone screen, Nam Joon asked, “Why, what did Eun say?”

 

Suga raised a brow.

 

“Bad news or good news?”

 

Jin finally looked at them with a disapproved look. “Bad news,” he said and Jungkook snatched the phone away from him and read it.

 

“Yah Maknae, what does it say?” J-Hope asked and got behind him to sneak a look at the screen while V sat down, waiting for a response from them.

“What?!”

 

It was Jungkook.

 

“She’s leaving?!”

 

J-Hope shouted and V’s eyes widened not expecting that kind of answer.

 

“Who’s leaving?”

 

The members turned to look at Jimin who had just come in and was unaware of the situation he was in. They looked at each other and the clueless boy eyed them weirdly.

 

“Am I missing something here..?” he pointed around and the Maknae swallowed. “Hy-Hyung..”

 

Jimin rolled his eyes. “What?”

 

Suga grabbed the phone from the youngest’s hands and handed over to Jimin, who just gave him a confused look.

 

“Read it and you’ll know,” was all the elder one said and Jimin raised a brow before looking down and when he finished, his eyes widened. “No!”


 

“Are you sure you’re not going to regret this?” L.Joe asked and Miyeon nodded without a second thought.

 

“Yes, I’m sure. I don’t think I can handle it. I don’t care if I’m running away from my own feelings.”

 

She sighed and stared up at the afternoon sky. The sun shined on Miyeon brightly and she shielded her eyes as L.Joe just watched her sulking away.

 

“I don’t want you to regret it. Why don’t you try and talk it out with him first before deciding?”

 

At the suggestion, Miyeon frowned but then again, maybe he was right. She didn’t want to regret it and look back on it in the future.

 

“Arasso, Oppa,” she grumpily mumbled and he ruffled her head. “Good girl,” he said and she grinned at him.


 

On her way home Miyeon decided to go to the coffee shop and say her farewell, but Daehyun wasn’t there. She was sad for not getting the chance to say goodbye but then at the same time, it wasn’t like she was going to be gone for a long time. She was just going to take a break.

 

“How long are you going to be gone?” Youngjae asked and she shrugged. “Just until school break is over.”

 

Himchan sneered. “Be back soon. We need a worker,” he said and she smiled. “Don’t worry. You guys can hire a pretty worker than me,” Miyeon grinned and Zelo pouted. “Miyeon Noona is the prettiest.”

 

She chuckled and Eunhae gave her a hug. “I wish you could stay but I’m sure you’re going to say no so I’m not even going to try.”

 

Miyeon nodded and looked at Jong Up with a big smile. “Make sure you do your part. I’ll make sure to call and text often, I promise,” she held her pinky finger up and Yong Guk smiled his gummy smile.

 

“That’s what they all say.”


 

After the news of Miyeon leaving, he didn’t know what to do. He wasn’t sure if he should go over and talk things out or just leave it be and continue being distant like they already were. Then the thought of Nara leaving and happiness came to him and he let out a frustrated groan.

 

“Why is she doing this to me?”


 

Soon Miyeon was home and her mother greeted her before telling her someone was here to see her. She bit her lip and nodded, afraid of seeing the face of her guest.

 

To her surprise, it was no other then Sohyun and she smiled widely at her before giving her new friend a tight hug.

 

“Sohyun!”

 

She chuckled and Miyeon let go before they both sat down. The girl pouted and looked at Sohyun, “Let me guess, Byunghun Oppa told you, didn’t he?”

 

Her friend nodded and she blew a raspberry. “I knew it. I was going to call you as soon as I got home but since you’re here, it’s even better,” she grinned and Sohyun nodded. “Exactly why I’m here!”


 

After telling Sohyun, it was getting late and her friend held her ground being against her decision but Miyeon didn’t care. Either way, she was going to go. She was just going to talk to Jimin first and then leave.

 

Sohyun frowned upon hearing her response.

 

“I support you, but I don’t think you should go. But if you want to get some space, then go for it. I just want you to be happy,” she smiled and Miyeon returned the smile. “Thanks, friend.”

 

Just then the doorbell ring and her mother got to it before her. “You’re quite popular today,” her mom said and she turned to give Sohyun a look to which her friend just shrugged.

 

“Oh, hello Jimin-sshi!” her mother chirped and her eyes widened.

 

Jimin?

 

“Ah, annyeonghaseyo...It’s late, but I came to talk to Miyeon...It will be quick,” she heard him say and her mother nodded. “Of course! But she’s with a friend right now. Would you like to come in?”

 

At the mention of a friend, he frowned and shook his head. “No, it’s fine. I’ll go, but can you let her know I stopped by?” he murmured before taking a step back and bowed.

 

“Sure. It was nice seeing you.”

 

“Have a good night,” Jimin forced a smile and just as he was going to leave, the door opened wide and Sohyun stepped out and bowed.

 

“Actually Mrs. Yoo, I was just leaving. Bye, Miyeon! Have a good night,” she said and turned to look at Jimin with an awkward smile. “And, hi...Sohyun here. Good luck,” she waved and quickly disappeared before Jimin could even say a word.

 

The boy looked inside to see Miyeon standing in the living room with big eyes and he was sure she wasn’t expecting to see him. Without a word, Jimin stepped in as Miyeon’s mother let him in.

 

“Miyeon-ah, Jimin’s here,” her mom said and she mentally rolled her eyes. Yeah, I can see that, she thought and nodded at her mom.


 

Jimin rubbed the back of his neck as he watched Miyeon who was standing awkwardly. It was silent for a few minutes before Miyeon cleared . “Let’s go outside and talk...I have something I want to say,” she hesitated but walked past him and opened the door before calling out to her mom in the kitchen.

 

When they were outside, she sat on the porch swing and lightly pushed herself on it as Jimin watched her from a few feet away.

 

“So, what is it that you needed to say?” he asked and she shrugged. “You first. Why’d you come here?”

 

“Because I can, why?”

 

Miyeon gave him a questioning look and he rolled his eyes, sitting beside her to which she scooted over for more space between them. And again there was silence.

“Jimin..”

 

“Miyeon-ah..”

 

They both uttered and looked at one another.

 

Jimin laughed lightly and gestured to her, “You first.”

 

She smiled at the reaction and he softened at her the sight of her lips curved.

 

“What I wanted to say was, I’m leave-”

 

“Don’t go,” he suddenly interrupted her and she gave him a puzzled look. “Ne?”

 

“I said, don’t go.”

 

He gave her a look and she wasn’t sure if he was serious or not.

 

“Miyeon, I’m only going to ask you this question only once this last time. I’ll leave after you answer it. So please, be honest with me..” he looked deep into her eyes and he could see the fear in them.

 

“Do you have something you want to tell me?”