Lie

I Hate You, Enemy. Not.

 

“What are you doing not bandaging your wound?”

 

Miyeon sat down next to him and grabbed the bottle of ointment, opening it up. She grabbed his arm and turning it towards her. As she carefully examined his elbow, he watched her.

 

As she applied the medicine on his elbow, Jimin could see the concern look on her face. He flinched from the sting and she immediately blew on it to cool it off for him.

 

“You should’ve been careful,” she said and closed the top. She blew on the disinfected area once more before putting a bandage on it.

 

“There, it’s done,” she says cleaning up the mess and Jimin can’t help but wonder if her feelings were real.

 

So when she got up to go, he grabbed ahold of her hand. Confused, she turned to look at him and at their hands, linked.

 

Jimin had a stoic expression on his face, it was hard for her to figure out what was on his mind.

 

“What?”

 

“Yah, Yoo Miyeon..”

 

He started and she gave him an eye roll.

 

“What do you want to say?”

 

“Do you have anything you want to tell me?”


 

Sohyun opened the door and L.Joe was standing there. At the sight of his face, her heart seemed to have stopped for a second. She gave him a small smile and welcomed him in.

“I was nearby so I thought I’d stopped by..” he said and sat down on the couch as she sat across from him, her hands tightly clasped on her lap.

 

“Hmm..”

 

She was looking at her lap, fiddling with her nails nervously and he lightly laughed at her.

 

“Don’t be nervous.”

 

Sohyun looked up at him in surprise and nodded weakly.

 

L.Joe then went to sit next to her and gave her a hug. It wasn’t one of those tight, loving hugs, but a friendly one.

 

“Sohyun-ah..Even if I’m the reason why you’re having a hard time, I still want you to lean on me. When you need someone to-”

 

Before he could finish, she pushed herself off of him and looked at him straight in the eye. Her eyes were already watering.

 

“Oppa, why are you being so selfish?”

 

“Because I still care about you,” he stated and it was a fact.

 

He do, even now.

 

Sohyun wiped her eyes and shook her head as she stood up from beside him. She was crying now.

 

“Still, even if you do, you don’t have the right to tell me to lean on you if I need someone. I don’t need to tell you why because the reason is obvious already. So please stop and just leave,” she got out of his way and opened the door for him.

 

As he walked out and turned to look at her for the last time, she just shut the door on him. Her heart, torn into a million pieces feeling like a part of her was gone. Just thinking about everything made her heart break.

 

As he stared at the door in front of him, wanting to knock, he didn’t. He knew if he did, she would only be hurt again. He didn’t want that so the best he could do to put her pain at ease was walk away.

 

And he did.

 

It was the best he could do from hurting her even more.

 

“I’m sorry, Sohyun..”


 

Miyeon looked at him in bewilderment. The question brought back past memories and even though her feelings towards Jimin was there, she still felt some type of way at the memory.


 

It was almost the weekend and after coming out of the library, they both were walking to somewhere else for God knows where. It was his idea out of the blue after she had just caught him with her private journal. She wasn’t sure if he read it or not but something was telling her he did.

 

Annoyed, she walked ahead after giving him an answer when he asked what she wanted to do today and he was following from behind.

 

Suddenly feeling a push, she turned to look at him with confusion written all over her face and a brow raised at him.

 

He had a serious expression, or more like his thinking face on.

 

“What’s your problem? And why the serious look?”

 

After a shrug and saying it was nothing, she rolled her eyes as she didn’t believe a word he was saying. He seemed suspicious for some reason but she let him off the hook anyway.

 

“Yah, what about you? Do you have anything you want to discuss? Anything you want to tell me?” he suddenly asked, almost as if he was aiming for answers from her.

Shocked from the question she didn’t answer. She stayed quiet. She’d rather be friends and not lose him rather than revealing her feelings and lose him forever.

 

“Nope. Not a thing,” she said casually and smiled.

 

Even if it was a chance for her to tell him, she chose not to.


 

When she came back to her senses, Jimin was still looking at her and she looked back at him. Their eyes met and he was waiting for her answer just like L.Joe was back then but she couldn’t find herself to confess.

 

“No..Why..?”

 

Disappointed at her answer, he dropped her hand and shook his head instead of saying anything else.

 

“Thanks..For helping me,” he managed to say only and showed her his elbow to which she just smiled with a nod before going into the kitchen to put away the first aid kit.


 

When Miyeon entered the kitchen, feeling her legs go weak she leaned on the countertop for support. She put the kit down and gripped her chest. It felt heavy and she wanted to cry but didn’t. She held it in and took a few breaths to keep her calm.

 

“It’s okay, Miyeon. It’s okay,” she told herself and poured a glass of water for her.

 

After gulping down two glasses of water and putting away the aid kit, she returned to the living room to see he was still there. He was watching television but unfocused. His eyes blank and expression empty, completely zoned out.

 

“Is there anything else you need? Are you hungry?” she asked and Jimin shook his head, still eyeing the t.v - Or not.

 

With a shrug she went up the stairs but then Jimin’s voice stopped her.

“Miyeon?”

 

“Yes?” she answered and he made eye contact with her.

 

“Are you sure?” he asked.

 

And without a single thought of his question, she replied, “Yes, why?”

 

She gave him a weird look.

 

“Expecting something?”

 

Jimin nodded but then shook his head the second time around before telling her to go and she did.

 

So when she got to her room, she leaned against the door and cried because the answer given was a lie.


 

Jimin sighed and sat down on the couch. No matter how much he thought about it, he felt like she wasn’t telling the truth. It was like she didn’t want to be honest with him about her feelings.

 

He just wanted answers so he wouldn’t get confuse. Was that too much to ask for her to lie?