Goodbye

I Hate You, Enemy. Not.

 

Nara scrolled down her phone looking through the pictures she had taken with Jimin. Old, new, recent ones and she smiled to herself. She could feel something inside of her as if it was a sign from reading Jimin’s text message just now.


 

Noona, can I see you today?


 

After she replied, Nara sensed it was something more to it then just seeing her. After taking a last long look at her photos of them together she marked them all and shut her eyes, pressing the delete all button.


 

After dressing up, Miyeon went downstairs to greet her parents and eat breakfast. It had already been a week since they’ve been back and everything that happened with Jimin was still taking toll on her so she didn’t have the chance to welcome them home officially yet.

 

“Oh, you’re finally having breakfast with us today!” her mom chimed happily. Miyeon hugged her from behind and snuggled against her back. “Mian, Omma..”

 

Her mother chuckled and kissed Miyeon on the cheek before setting a the table of food. Her father came in to kiss both her and her mom on the cheeks before taking a seat.

 

“What a surprise. Are you lightened up today?”

 

Miyeon nodded and sat down. “Yes, now that you guys are here. I missed you guys so much!” she pouted and her mother gestured her to eat before sitting down herself.

 

Her dad was reading a newspaper before putting it down and looked at her, sipping on his coffee. “So, what are you going to be doing today? It’s the weekend,” he pointed out and she tapped her chin to think.

No work today since she called it off, Eun was too busy with her family drama and she didn’t have friends since she cut off contact with Jimin along with the BTS members. There really was nothing for her to do but spend time for herself.

 

“I’ll probably just study or take some time for myself,” she told her parents and her mom looked at her with a concerned expression. “Honey, you know if something’s wrong, you can always talk to us..”

 

Miyeon laughed out loud.

 

“Mom, there’s nothing wrong with me. I’m fine, don’t worry about me,” she grinned and her mother smiled back at her warmly.

 

“I just want you to be happy.”

 

“I know, and I am,” she lied through her teeth, “I am happy.”


 

It was the afternoon when Jimin went over to V’s house to hang out with the rest of them. As usual they were playing video games and it was no surprise when they start opening their mouth to talk about Miyeon.

 

“Any luck?”

 

The youngest asked and he shook his head. “No. Everytime I call, she either ignores it or turn off her phone.”

 

“Yes!” Suga raised his arms up in the air in victory from beating Jungkook in a fighting game. “So, you couldn’t just walk over to her house or something?”

 

Jimin rolled his eyes.

 

“No, I just didn’t want to invade her space.”

 

J-Hope laughed. “It’s been what, a week?”

 

“A week is enough space, Jimin. If you wait long, you might just lose her completely,” Jin added and it only made him grow anxious.

 

Nam Joon came in with a book his hands and nodded. “Exactly. Either go and talk to her, or give up.”

 

Jimin scoffed at his friends. “Gee, thanks for the support guys. Really helpful,” he sarcastically said and V ruffled his hair. “Should I play a part in this as well?”

 

“Don’t you dare, ,” he muttered.

 

Jungkook passed his controller over to J-Hope after losing against Suga three times in a row and nudged Jimin on the shoulder.

 

“Hyung, trust us. We can handle this,” he says and smirked at V, who responded with the same look.

 

The boy pushed them away from him and stood up, walking to the door. “Thanks, but no. I’d rather do it myself, but I have to go. I’m seeing Noona today,” he said and slipped on his shoes before walking out.

 

“Okay, good luck Hyung!” V called out and he closed the door behind him with a wave. He got on his bike and riding alone, he thought about what to say to Nara as well as his plan to talk things out with Miyeon.


 

After her parents left, she went up to her room to rest. But before she could even get started a knock was heard. Heaving a sigh, she rushed downstairs and it was Sohyun. She had a sundress on, holding up a guitar case in her hands with a big smile.

 

“S-Sohyun..? What are you..”

 

She didn’t finish and Sohyun put down the case and looked at her. “Hey..I know this is awkward, but..I was thinking maybe we can set things straight and start..Fresh..?”

 

“Don’t you hate me?”

 

Sohyun frowned. “Right, I forgot..I’m sorry. About everything, I wanted you to know that it wasn’t your fault. I was being stupid and assumed the worst of you..I hope you can forgive me and be friends again like before. I want us to continue our friendship..And play some guitar together like we used to..?” she gestured to her guitar and immediately Miyeon smiled. The thought of being friends again made her excited. There was nothing she wanted more than that - Besides Jimin, that is.

 

“I forgive you,” her smile widened with tears stinging her eyes, “You have no idea how long I’ve wanted this. I missed you so much!”

Miyeon grabbed her by surprise and hugged her tightly. Sohyun chuckled and she let go.

 

“Guitar time?”

 

“You know it,” Miyeon said and let her in. “Let me just go and-”

 

Her new friend looked at her and blinked in confusion at why she had stopped her sentence. “Is something wrong?”


 

I’ll be there in 20.


 

Nara read the message and got up to go. The day was nearing and she knew how it was going end. Her eyes roamed around until it landed on her suitcase and she smiled bitterly.

 

“It’s better to end things now,” she mumbled to herself gripped the handle of her luggage.


 

When she arrived at her destination, she wanted to close her eyes and die at that very moment. She couldn’t her guitar had been left behind without even knowing. She bit her lip just thinking about what she was going to say to Jimin if she happened to see him. It would be awkward for sure.

 

Miyeon looked at the drive way but there was no sign of a car or his bike and sighed in relief. “Thank god he’s not home,” she whispered and took out the spare key, which she had forgotten to give back, and unlocked the door.


 

Jimin’s brows furrowed when he heard the stairs creaking and the thought of his house being robbed crossed his mind but at the same time he could just be imagining it.

 

He pulled his shirt over his body and looked in the mirror for the last time before checking in case.


 

Miyeon twisted the doorknob opened and walked inside the bedroom that used to be hers. The lilac aroma filled her nose and she sighed as memories ran through her mind. “There’s no time to sulk. Hurry and leave!” she told herself and rolled her eyes.

When she spotted her guitar neatly standing against the wall in the corner across from her, she quickly retreated it and exited, slowly closing the door so no one could hear in case.

 

“Whew, that was close,” she murmured and smiled to herself, staring at the guitar case in her hands. “Now, let’s go back and-”

 

“Miyeon?”

 

At the sound of the voice, her eyes widened when she saw a pair of feet in front of her and she almost let go of her case.

 

“What..Are you doing here?”

 

Without looking up at him, she replied, “Nothing!” and scurried down the stairs, cursing herself.

 

I knew I shouldn’t have came!

 

She was screaming in her head and about to open the door to make her escape when she felt a hand on her wrist. She jumped back and finally looked at him. He still looked the same but it seemed like he lost a bit of weight and she gave him a sullen look.

 

“Wait..Can we talk? It’ll be quick, I promise,” he asked, assuring her and she bit her lip unsure to agree or not.

 

When Jimin saw the look Miyeon was giving him, he knew well of what she was thinking. So without an argument, he sighed silently in defeat. He didn’t want to force or pressure her. It’s not like it was going to work either way, so he opened the door and said, “It was nice to see you..Again..”


 

When the door closed, Miyeon stared in disbelief. She couldn’t believe he had just let her go. Just like that and for some reason she hated that he did. Miyeon scoffed. “Jerk..”


 

After the incident with Miyeon, he left and went over straight over to a nearby park to meet with Nara. Although his heart was heavy, he wanted to get it done without prolonging it any further.

 

“Oh, you’re here,” she said and he smiled lightly and sat down beside her. “Hey, Noona..”

 

She then handed him a drink and he gladly accepted it, popping the can open. “Jimin, I have something to tell you.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I’m leaving.”

 

Jimin turned to look at her and she forced a smile. “I know it’s sudden, but I just wanted to tell you..Be happy.”

 

When she said that he felt a pang of pain in his heart. He suddenly started feeling bad about trying to break up with her now. But if he didn’t do it now, he don’t think he could keep the relationship going either.

 

Nara then stood up and he did too and she gave him a hug before backing away and smiled. “I came back because I know you were still waiting..Now you’ve found someone and it hurts but I wish you nothing but happiness. You loved me, and I ran away. Please be happy. Bye, Jimin..” she waved lightly and turned her back on him.

As her shadow faded, he slumped his shoulders. He wasn’t expecting this at all but at least everything ended on good terms.

 

“Goodbye, Noona..Be happy, too,” he whispered and turned around to go. At that moment he felt the courage to do what he needed to.