Unless

I Hate You, Enemy. Not.

 

Nara looked at the girl in front of her. Her hands were tightened into fists, angry. The look in Miyeon’s eyes scared her. They were blank but glaring at her almost as if she meant what she said. What if she did?

She scoffed.

“Don’t kid with me,” was the only thing she could say and Miyeon took a step back from her.

“I never kid around.”

The woman bit the inside of her bottom lip not knowing what else to say and Miyeon gave her a small smirk. She won.

Miyeon then added, “Ah, and you can ignore what I said before. I’m just doing what you told me from before..I’m being honest with myself and feelings. Thanks for the advice.”

She was about to turn back when Nara stopped her by speaking.

“You can try all you want but his feelings will never change.”

Miyeon looked at her, her eyes watching Nara’s every expression showing on her face. She could tell Nara was scared, yet determined but not exactly. Almost like giving up.

“You’re right. But first loves can change. Just like how mine has, his will too..It’s not going to be easy, but feelings change just like how people changes. Life goes on, and another chapter of life starts. Old endings, new beginnings,” she smiled but a small one.

What she said was true. Just like how her story with L.Joe and Sohyun ended, Jimin’s and Nara’s will too. Not that she knows, but because it’s life and that’s how life works. It’s how new beginnings starts. And right now, her new beginning is Jimin. Loving him was the new chapter of her life.

“What are you doing?”

Jimin jumped at the sudden voice and turned to look. It was Eun and he hit his chest, breathing in and out a few times before responding.

“Yah, you scared me!”

Eun chuckled but looked at his hand on the door handle and she looked at him in confusion.

“What are you doing and not going out there? Is something the matter?” she asked and budge in front of Jimin before he could protest.

The young girl then turned to Jimin and smiled, almost smirking and he cleared his throat looking at her nervously.

“B-Bwo?”

She gave him a knowing look and pointed her finger at him straight in the face.

“You. You like Miyeon Unnie, don’t you?”

He laughed nervously.

“What kind of nonsense is that?”

Jimin mentally cursed himself and smiled at Eun but it was a nervous one. He asked God why she had to show up at a time like this but it seemed as if God was just laughing at him.

“Liar. I can’t believe you do and you’re not telling her. Yah, didn’t you know Unnie has feelings for you? Why do you have to be so clueless. Aish, jinja,” she shook her head and looked at Jimin, who was also looking at her with a shock expression.

She scoffed.

“Wah, I don’t even see why she do. How can you be so- Wahhh~~” she didn’t even finish her sentence as she fanned herself, trying to maintain her composure.

Still shocked, Jimin brushed past her and she held him back by pulling his shirt to prevent him from leaving but also causing him to fall back and out.
 

The door burst open and Jimin fell back on the ground, surprising both Miyeon and Nara. Eun, whose eyes were wide covered .

“J-Jimin-ah..” Nara uttered, afraid if he had overheard their conversation or not and Miyeon looked back at Eun then Jimin.

“What are you two..” her words trailed off eyeing Jimin again and he stood up with a chuckle.

“O-Oh, Miyeon-ah, I-”

“Bl-Blood..” she pointed at his elbow, scraped from the fall.

“It’s okay, I’m fine. It’s just a scratch,” he assured her and she held his arm, eyeing it carefully.

“Yah, you idiot. How is this a scratch when you’re bleeding!” she worriedly said and he can’t help but look at her with soft eyes making Nara uneasy.

“Unnie..Jimin Oppa, mian..” Eun pouted and Miyeon looked back at her with a smile.

“It’s okay. Why don’t you go back to class and I’ll handle this,” she said and Eun nodded still pouting but obeyed anyway and left.

Nara bit her lip and watched Miyeon still holding his arm with a worried look and she frowned.

Maybe she was right. Feelings do change over time.

“Jimin, are you okay?”

He hummed an answer to her question and she asked, “What..What are you doing here?”

At the question, his eyes widened and thought about an excuse. He laughed and pulled Miyeon closer to him making her heart skip a beat.

“I-I..I was look-looking for you, Miyeon-ah..Ahaha..And wanted to see if you wanted to leave early for uh, our project for science class!”

“What are you tal-”

“Come on, let’s go!” he dragged her arm and left Nara behind.

Nara watched as he left with Miyeon arm in arm and she can’t help but feel sad about it. It was as if they weren’t even together. Or as if he wasn’t hers anymore.
 

When they got to the bottom of the stairs, Miyeon removed his hand and glared at him.

“What do you think you’re doing?” she questioned him, confused at why he had dragged her away.

The boy scratched his head and shrugged.

She scoffed at his action and without a word, walked ahead of him not bothering to wait for him.

He ran after her.

“Hey, where are you going?!” he called after her and she turned around responding, “Leaving early like you said, what do you think?”
 

Youngjae turned to look at Daehyun with a worried expression when he heard from Yong Guk that Miyeon wasn’t going to come into work again today due to personal reasons.

“What’s wrong, hyung?”

It was Jong Up and he shook his head.

“Nothing..Just Daehyun..”

The younger friend nodded, already knowing the situation and walked away leaving him in deep thoughts until Daehyun came to him.

“Don’t worry. I’m not going to keep sulking around,” he smiled and Youngjae nodded back.

Daehyun’s smile wasn’t big but he knew his friend was trying. And trying makes effort.
 

Miyeon looked at her reflection in the mirror and the images of her talk with Nara came to mind. For a second she wanted to pull her hair out and scream but didn’t. She just sighed and leaned against the mirror. She thought getting between them or anybody was low but now she was just as low.

Pursuing Jimin? As if, she thought but then thinking about it once more she was sure she was speaking the truth to herself and Nara.

Now she was really low.

 

“And exactly what did I do for you to want to do that? Don’t tell me you’re afraid I’m going to take him, because I’m not. You can have him for all I care,” she spat and Nara raised a brow at her.

Her arms still crossed, asked, “And why’s that? Don’t you love him?”

Miyeon let out a small laugh.

“Since you brought that up, maybe I should just be honest with you,” she put her bag down and walked up to Nara, who back away from her.

“And what if I do? What are you going to do, because I’m already thinking about pursuing him.”
 

Jimin winced when he accidentally dabbed too hard on his wound. He in his breath from the pain and blew on it.

“Aish..” he muttered and put down the ointment and pictured the earlier situations.
 

Miyeon looked at her, her eyes watching Nara’s every expression showing on her face. She could tell Nara was scared, yet determined but not exactly. Almost like giving up.

“You’re right. But first loves can change. Just like how mine has, his will too..It’s not going to be easy, but feelings change just like how people changes. Life goes on, and another chapter of life starts. Old ends, new beginnings,” she smiled but a small one.
 

“Does that mean she was serious?” he asked himself and thought back to the diary entries he had read.

Her feelings for him, were they true?
 

“You idiot, that’s a way of her saying ‘I don’t want to lose you’!” J-Hope retorted and face-palmed himself.
 

And what his friends had been telling him, were they right all along? It seemed like everyone knew but him.
 

“Liar. I can’t believe you do and you’re not telling her. Yah, didn’t you know Unnie has feelings for you? Why do you have to be so clueless. Aish, jinja,” she shook her head and looked at Jimin, who was also looking at her with a shock expression.

 

Thinking about what Eun had said, it seemed like she knew about it as well. The only one clueless about it was himself.
 

After washing her face and drying Miyeon went downstairs and saw Jimin. In front of him was the ointment kit but instead of applying it to himself, he was sitting on the couch staring ahead in deep thoughts. She wondered what and walked over to him.
 

Jimin sighed in frustration and fell back against the couch with his wounded arm making contact with it. He winced and sat up again, agitated.

“Why am I the only one who didn’t know?” he murmured and thought about all these possible ways of how he would’ve caught on but was too busy focusing on Nara.

He groaned.

Maybe he should double check again to make sure. But then again, why would he? Unless it’s what he wants..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First, should I make this a good ending or a bad ending? Please vote and letme know your thoughts!