"She was pretty."

I Hate You, Enemy. Not.

Glass clanked and it was Miyeon and Daehyun. They both had gone out to eat and drink together. They had gone to one of the street place since it was cheaper and more scenery.

 

“To today!” Miyeon grinned and he nodded, smiling at her at how drunk she was getting. He wondered if she knew she was out of it or not. As much as he wanted to take her home, he wanted to enjoy this moment with her and be with her. “Today,” he said and their glass met.

 

After she gulped down the drink, she sat the glass down and she hiccupped. She covered in embarrassment and he chuckled at her. “Just you and me,” he said and she turned redder than she already was from all the alcohol she had. “D-Don’t tell no one,” she mumbled and poured more in her glass and then his.

 

“But, don’t you think you’ve had enough?” he asked her blinking his eyes, mentally praying for her to say no.

 

Her lips pouted and she nodded and looked at him with droopy eyes. “But I don’t care. I-” she hiccupped, “Am going to drink until I pass out. I don’t want to go home yet,” she drunk another round before he asked her another question. “Why?”

 

Miyeon avoided eye contact with him but then looked at him again. “I won’t be able to go sleep. My mind doesn’t know how to shut up,” she told him as she knocked on her own head and he lightly laughed at her cuteness. He nodded his head in understanding, “Ah, I see.”

 

She nod her head heavily and tried to pour another glass but it spilled on the table instead and he took the bottle from her. “That’s enough. It’s time for us to go,” he said and she pouted, looking at him with puppy eyes. He wanted to give in but he couldn’t let her keep drinking. It wasn’t healthy and it’s wasn’t like it was going to help let him stay with her forever anyway. She was going to have to go home sooner or later.

 

“It’s getting late and I have to get you home,” he told her and at the mention of home, she frowned. “I don’t want to go home.”

 

Daehyun raised his hand and the lady came over to him, “How much?”

 

“Thirty,” the lady answered and he paid her, telling her to keep the change before focusing back on Miyeon. “Why?”

 

She shrugged, not wanting to tell him the answer and he came over to her and helped her up. “It’s fine. I’m fine,” she pushed him away from her and he raised a brow, “Are you sure?”

 

The girl nodded but as soon as she got up, she fell and knocked down her chair and this time Daehyun helped her. “I thought you said you were fine,” he laughed and she giggled before he put her on his back and she could feel his warmth.

 

“You’re warm,” she murmured and he smiled, “Are you cold?”

 

She nodded.

 

He held onto her tight so she wouldn’t slide off of him and told her to not go to sleep and let the cold air blow on her to keep her from going to sleep drunk. She just laughed but did what he said anyway.

 

“Don’t fall asleep. The air will help the drunk, trust me.”

 

She smiled, “Hm..”



Feeling someone shaking him, he woke up and looked to see his friend V. He rubbed his eyes and as soon as he sat up his head started to throb. He groaned and held onto his head.

 

“Hyung, are you okay?” V asked and he nodded. “Yeah, just a little hangover, that’s all,” he said and his friend nodded before gesturing to the others. “You’re not the only one.”

 

He looked and the rest of them were sound asleep. He yawned and the smell of alcohol rubbed his nose. “Ugh. Can’t believe this,” he mumbled as V went to wake up the others.



After waking up, there was only five minutes until after school ended and they quickly scurried out before they got caught. They all got inside the car and Jin drove off.

 

The youngest looked up at the eldest. “Hyung, are you okay to drive?” he asked and Jin rolled his eyes, “Of course. I didn’t have much. I pretty much just fell asleep,” he said and Jungkook nodded before laying his head on Jimin’s shoulder and dozed off.

 

Jimin turned to V who was next to him, “I didn’t do anything stupid right? Did I say anything?” he asked, worried that he might’ve had said something.

 

V shook his head, “Ani. Not beside you saying you want to go sleep and knocked out right away,” he blinked and the elder one sighed in relief.

 

“Gum?” his friend pulled out a piece of gum and handed it to him. He scoffed but took it from his friend anyway since he was tired of the alcohol smell.



Miyeon stared at the starry sky with droopy eyes as Daehyun was walking and each step he took made her even more sleepier. She felt relaxed and well rested being with his back, keeping her warm. She yawned and rubbed her eyes. “Daehyun, I’m getting tired..”

 

At the words being muttered, he jumped and it gave her a jolt causing her to eyes to widen. “Did that help?”

 

“Yes, very much. Thank you,” she said and pinched him on the back, he squirmed and laughed. “You better stop before I put you down,” he says only to receive another pinch and he winced. “Ow!”

 

She rolled her eyes. “That’s what you get.”

 

Daehyun got down and she got off of him. “You’re walking. Don’t trip and fall,” he grinned at her and she scoffed, her head throbbing.

 

“I’m not .”

 

She took a step and-

 

Oof!

 

He burst into laughter and she winced in pain sitting on her bottom wiping down her pants on her knee part. It had a small rip and she sighed, pouting. “It ripped,” she mumbled and got up.

 

Daehyun then squat down in front of her and she raised a brow at him. “What now?” she asked him, a little irritated.

 

“Get on,” he gestured to his back with his head and she shook her head. “I’m fine. My head just hurts,” she rubbed her temples and he grabbed her hand, pulling her towards him. “Just get on, will you?”

 

She huffed but gave in as she needed something or someone to support her anyway. She was drunk and her head was hurting so what choice did she have. Miyeon wrapped her arms around his neck and laid herself forward. She looked at him from the side of his face, “Don’t drop me,” she said with pouty lips and he froze. Her face was close to his and he wanted to react quick but couldn’t. He didn’t want her to feel uncomfortable.

 

“I get paranoid when it comes to piggyback rides.”

 

He only nodded, the only way he knew how to respond.

 

She gave him a cheeky smile before laying her head down on his back and he cleared his throat. “D-Don’t worry. I-I won’t..”



Jimin sighed and tried to get comfortable as Jungkook was still asleep on his shoulders. It was getting hotter and hotter and he didn’t know what to do. The others were wide awake now but still drunk. He was too but probably more sober than anyone else. V, on the other hand, wasn’t that drunk. He could tell just by looking at V being on his phone.

 

He laid back, relaxing himself and his body when Miyeon came to his mind. He wondered what she was doing right now and why she didn’t want to come to school today but quickly pushed her out.

 

It didn’t leave.

 

“Ugh,” he said in annoyance and right then his head throbbed with pain. He held his head and tried to calm himself.

 

V noticed and took out his earbud and put his phone away. “Hyung, gwenchana? Are you sick?”

 

He shook his head and Jin looked through the rear mirror. “Are you guys okay?”

 

The younger one nodded and Jin focused back to driving as Jimin grabbed a water bottle from one of the cup holders in front of him and drunk it, gulping it down fast.

 

V watched. “Hyung, drink slowly. You’re still drunk,” he said and Jimin glared at him. “I’m not. My head just hurts,” he said but his words slurred.

 

“You should rest. I’ll let you know when we get to your house.” He assured the elder one but he refused. He laid back and looked up at his friend across from him. “Taehyung-ah, do you think she hates me?”

 

The boy blinked at the question. “Who? Miyeon-ie?”

 

He nodded.

 

V shrugged at him and thought about it for a second. He thought back to those times when Miyeon came to him for help about her feelings and that time when he was talking some senses to her and when he came to a conclusion, he answered, “Ani. She likes you.”

 

Jimin only nodded, not aware of what he had meant. He was too drunk to even let it process in his head anyway. “I hope she’s okay. I don’t know why she didn’t come to school today. I just hope nothing’s wrong with her..” he said and closed his droopy eyes.

 

Taehyung raised a brow. “I thought you said she was sick?” he asked and his friend scoffed. “As if. She wanted me to lie to you guys. Oh, and you know what, she was pretty today..” he smiled groggily and in that quick of a few seconds he dozed off once more.


“She was pretty?”