"The Best Headache Ever."

I Hate You, Enemy. Not.

 

When the food came and she was finished setting it up in the kitchen, Miyeon sat down and called for Jimin to come eat. It didn’t take him long and she started eating not bothering to wait for him. He scoffed at her and started stuffing his mouth with food as well.

 

“So, where’d you go today? You were gone when I came back home,” Jimin said with his mouth full of food. He hit his chest twice so he could swallow properly before looking across to Miyeon.

 

She scrunched her nose.

 

“Ah, that. I went out this afternoon and met Daehyun. We just hung out,” she sipped her water and Jimin started coughing at the mention of his name.

 

“Dae-Daehyun? Why?”

 

Miyeon raised a brow at him.

 

“What do you mean, why? We ate and played around.”

 

“So, a date?”

 

When the word ‘date’ came out of Jimin’s mouth, her cheeks went red. She was blushing. Now that she thought about it, it did seem like a date.

 

“Wahh, I knew it.”

 

She cleared and glared at him before eating again and he scoffed at her actions. What was so great about Daehyun that she started blushing for? His hands were balled into fists just thinking about the two of them together this whole day.
 

Miyeon, noticing his expression bit her lip and put down her chopsticks. It was the first time seeing Jimin like this.

 

“D-Don’t worry, okay? It wasn’t anything like that..We just..I don’t know, hung out. I don’t even know why I’m telling you this, ugh,” she says and started eating her food, stuffing herself up.

 

Jimin loosened his grip and hid his smile. He just shrugged his shoulders as if he didn’t care.

 

“I didn’t ask.”

 

Miyeon gulped her drink and just silently ate, thinking as to why she was telling him those things. It wasn’t like they were together. Although she wished they were.


 

The next day Miyeon arrived at school and the first person she spotted was L.Joe. She immediately smiled at the sight of him from afar.

 

“Oppa!”

 

She called and ran towards him and into his arms.

 

“Woah, aren’t you happy today?” he said and she grinned at him.

 

“Of course. You always make me happy,” she absentmindedly said and he softened.

 

“Hey,” it was the ‘Chunhee’ guy and she gave him a weird look before raising her hand, saying stop instead of saying hi.

 

“I know you. I remember now. Chunji Oppa,” Miyeon emphasized and he chuckled, ruffling her hair.

 

“Took you long enough. I hope you remember the rest of the crew as well!”

 

He pointed behind her and she looked to see the other members coming towards them. Her lips curved into a big smile recognizing every last one of them. She didn’t know why she didn’t remember them before. It was weird but at least she remembers them now.

 

“Min Soo Oppa, Niel, Ricky and Changjo!” she shouted the names out in happiness and L.Joe couldn’t help but fall in love with her all over again. His heart skipped a beat at the sight of her smile when she turned to look at him. Her eyes bright and for the first time ever since he left, he felt her energy soaring out. She was happy. He was happy. Everything was great but there was something missing and he knew.

 

Sohyun.

 

His other friends came running and waving and being loud as they hugged Miyeon and pulled her around joyfully.

 

They were talking and enjoying themselves but L.Joe was thinking about something else and when he captured the sight of the person, he didn’t hesitate to run off.

 

“Sohyun!”

 

She stopped in her tracks and he stood behind her just a few steps away.

 

“Can we please talk this out? I’m having a hard time right now,” he grabbed her wrist, pleading.

 

Sohyun gripped her bag until her knuckles went white and pulled away her hand from him.

 

“Did you not think I was hurting as well? Of course not because all you ever cared about was you.”

 

“That’s not true. Everyday I thought about you and Miyeon. I was in pain too. Can’t you see, I’m trying to talk to you?”

 

His voice was begging her and she just wanted to turn around and hug him but didn’t. He had brought her too much pain that she wanted to hurt him back.

 

“I do, but I don’t want to. Leave me alone, please. I’m not ready to look at you or even speak to you,” she stalked off and he frowned.

 

He reluctantly walked back to his friends and when they noticed his frown, they didn’t bother to question him but tried to cheer him up. Miyeon held his hand and squeezed it.

 

“Don’t worry, Oppa. Just keep trying. She loves you and you love her so everything will work out just fine,” she said and it pained her. But it was the truth. It showed in his eyes. He loved her once and now he was in love with someone else. And that someone else was Sohyun.

 

“Yeah, hyung. Don’t worry,” Ricky said and Changjo chimed in, “You got this!”

 

The boy laughed at them and nodded.

 

“Thanks, guys.”

 

“L.Joe, fighting!” Niel threw his fists up in the air and the rest followed.


 

“Jimin!”

 

Nara came running to his side and he smiled lightly at her. He missed her but he knew his heart wasn’t with her. Although it felt good being with her, he had to do what was right before it was too late.

 

She s her arm around his waist and pulled his body close to hers. She took in his scent and he chuckled at her.

 

“Missed me?” he asked and she nodded before Jimin moved her arm away from him.

 

He gave her a sad smile and she nibbled on the inside of her cheeks, afraid of what was going to come out of his mouth.

 

“Look, Noona..There’s something I need to tell you before it’s too late,” he said and worriedly looked at him.

 

“What is it? Is it..Me?”

 

He shook his and waved his hands in front of her.

 

“No!” he blurted out. “Of course not! It’s me. It has nothing to do with you. It’s just..I’ve been thinking a lot lately and I thought maybe I should do what’s right..”

 

He tried explaining and she raised a brow.

 

“And, that is..?”

 

Jimin held her hand and rubbed his thumb in circles on her hand as he smiled gently at her.

 

“I’ve given it a lot of thinking and so Noona, I’ve decided that maybe we should-”

 

“Ms. Kwon, please come into the office! Ms. Kwon, please come into the office!” a loud voice boomed from the speakers in the hallway, interrupting him.

 

Nara forced a smile.

 

“I’ve got to go. How about a date tomorrow after school?”

 

“But, Noona..I-”

 

“No if’s, and’s or but’s. Whatever you need to say, say it then. So, yes or no?”

 

She looked at him and without a choice, he nodded his head. Nara grinned and gave him a peck on the cheeks, surprising him before walking away.

 

“See you tomorrow after school!”


 

Jimin picked up the note in front of him and opened it up. It was one of Taehyung’s letters again. He sighed at what was scribbled inside it and threw it in the trash can.

 

“Geez, I already know,” he put his head on the desk and sighed heavily thinking about earlier with Nara. He was so close to breaking it off with her but then the announcement interrupted everything.

 

He ruffled his hair and pounded his head on the desk, repeating the word ‘Stupid’ over and over again in his head.


 

Eun popped out of nowhere beside Miyeon with a hello, scaring her. She glared at her young friend.

 

“Hey, you scared me!” she gently slapped Eun on the arm and opened her locker.

 

Her friend laughed and apologized.

 

Miyeon then turned to look at her. “What do you want now?” she asked as she grabbed out another heavy textbook and stacked it on top of her first one.

 

Eun smirked. “So, Unnie. Have you heard anything from Jimin?”

 

She shook her head. “No, why? Did he say something?”

 

The girl grabbed a notebook, adding to the pile of textbooks in her arm before closing and locking her locker. They both walked off and Eun nudged her in the ribs.

 

“Jimin Oppa, I know he likes you. You should’ve seen his expression when he saw you and Nara! I can’t believe he was so stupid not noticing your feelings for him!” she raved about it and Miyeon’s eyes widened in shock. Did she hear her correctly?

 

Eun went on.

 

“Anyway, he was so shocked and dumbfounded. He didn’t seem to believe me. I’m sure he has feelings for you though. I know he does.”

 

Miyeon stopped walking and just looked straight ahead of her, frozen and bewildered. She still couldn’t believe what she was hearing from her friend right now. He heard everything. He knows about her feelings for him. And what else? He has feelings for her. At least that’s what Eun said. There is a chance.

 

“But yeah. Anyway, what are you do-” Eun stopped mid-sentence when she turned to look at her side and didn’t see Miyeon. She looked back to see her just standing in the middle of the hallway.

 

She sighed and laughed at the expression on Miyeon’s face. “Yah! Are you okay?”

 

Miyeon looked at Eun, who was in front of her now and nodded. “You go ahead first. I need to go back to my locker. I forgot my other notebook.”

 

Eun raised a brow, looking at Miyeon’s arms full of books and papers.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

She nodded and her friend pouted.

 

“Fine. See you later after school?”

 

The young one gave her a hug before walking away and Miyeon sighed in relief when someone bumped into her and her books and papers fell, scattered everywhere.

 

She let out a gasp and quickly knelt down to pick them up. Suddenly there was another hand helping her and she looked to see Jimin. Her cheeks burned and she thought about what Eun had said.

 

“Are you okay? What were you doing just standing in the hallway with all these kids anyway?” he questioned her as he gathered her papers together into a neat pile before giving it to her.

 

Miyeon cleared and bit her lip when she grabbed it from him and their hands brushed against each other.

 

“Nothing...Th-Thanks..” she quickly got up and bowed to thank him.

 

He chuckled. “You’re acting different today. Are you okay?”

 

His question made her blush even more and she kept looking at the ground until he lifted her chin up like he did before and stared at her. Her eyes widened and she could see a smirk beginning to form on his lips.

 

“Hmm, shy Miyeon now,” he his bottom lips and she flinched.

 

“What is she doing with him?”

 

“Wah, are they really together? I heard they live together!”

 

Whispers from students could be heard and she immediately avoided his eyes, looking down.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

It was his voice asking her.

 

She slapped his hands away and hugged her textbooks and papers close to her chest like a shield.

 

“Stay away from me..Just don’t..Come near me, okay?”

 

At her words, he looked around and finally noticed what was going on and he glared at the students surrounding them, telling them to back off. It felt like deja vu now since he remembered something like this happening once. He knew she didn’t like attention and especially with angry fangirls murmuring things behind her back.

 

“Miyeon, you know it’s okay, right?” he softly said and she ignored his words as she fastened her pace.

 

He sighed and matched his pace with hers, stopping in front of her. Her eyes were still glued to the ground and he rolled his eyes before putting his hands on her shoulders.

“Look at me, Miyeon,” he urged, trying to make her look up but she didn’t.

With a frustrated sigh, he lowered her face to hers and the wide eyes appeared again from her. He was too close.

 

“Don’t believe what other people say about you, do you hear me? You’re you and whatever reputation you have here, a , or whatever..Just be you, okay?”

 

Miyeon took a step back and he pulled her closer anyway. She gulped down the lump in and the beating of her heart was fast.

 

“Please, stop..I’m uncomfortable..I don’t like people staring at me. I just want to go to class..”

 

At her soft voice, he couldn’t resist it and pulled her into a hug. He squeezed her against him and her insides seemed to have melted under his hold. Her stomach made a flip and her heart pounding.

 

“I’m always here for you,” he whispered and she shivered at his breath touching her skin.

 

He let go of her and looked at her for a long minute. She bit her lip and he flicked her on the forehead.

 

“Hey!”

 

“Smile more. You’re pretty like that,” he says and she could feel her cheeks heating up.

 

When she finally looked up at him, he had a smirk on his face and she grimaced.

 

“Ugh. You’re irritating me for real,” she said and purposely pushed him out of the way and he laughed at her.

 

“The best headache ever.”

 

He followed her and she glared at him.

 

“Jerk face.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, Hobie made it to the top 200 on BB and I'm so proud for him! <3 <3

Also, just a few more chapers coming up then it's the end!