“Don’t regret your words.”

I Hate You, Enemy. Not.

 

“Don’t believe what other people say about you, do you hear me? You’re you and whatever reputation you have here, a , or whatever..Just be you, okay?”

 

Miyeon took a step back and he pulled her closer anyway. She gulped down the lump in and the beating of her heart was fast.


 

Miyeon giggled, biting onto her lower lip remembering the memory and quickly covered . She smacked her own lips and cursed at herself.

 

“Stupid, stupid,” she whispered harshly but then absentmindedly smiled again with the memory replaying in her mind.


 

“Smile more. You’re pretty like that,” he says and she could feel her cheeks heating up.


 

She fanned herself and covered her cheeks with her sweaty palms to calm herself down when the door opened. It was Jimin and he came in with his arms crossed.

 

“What are you doing?” he eyed her weirdly and she cleared in embarrassment.

 

“What do you want?”

 

She got up and slipped her feet into a pair of slippers before going to the dresser for something to wear.

 

“Nothing. I’m going out so I won’t be back later tonight,” he told her and she raised a brow at him. He had on jeans and a plain tee. His hair was slightly curled and she almost laughed but held it in. Usually his hair would always be straightened.

“Your hair..Did you curl it?” she walked over to him and gently touched a strand of his hair and he blinked at her a few times before answering.

 

“Ah-Ah..That uh..I didn’t blow dry it right away so it kinda..”

 

His words trailed off and she looked at him, waiting for his next response. They were just inches apart and she quickly stepped back for space between them.

 

“Mi-Mian..”

 

The boy ruffled his hair, unaware and combed his hands through it before shaking his head at her and she melted at the sight of him doing that. She didn’t know he would be hot by just doing that gesture.

 

“I’ve got to go. See you later, I guess?”

 

Miyeon gulped and nodded her head before turning away to hide her flushed face. When the door closed, she let out a sigh of relief and fanned her once more to cool her down.

 

“It’s hot..”


 

The following day L.Joe went over to Sohyun’s place to talk to her. He knew she was hurting but he needed to tell her before it was too late. He couldn’t risk that. He didn’t want to lose her.

 

“Who is it?”

 

Her voice called out and he knocked twice, paused, then two more times. It was a knock code they had came up with back in the past.

 

Hoping for the door to opened, all he heard was her voice telling him to go away. He knocked on the door again, this time a bit harder letting her know that he wasn’t going anywhere.

 

“Let me in so we can talk.”

 

“And why should I listen to you?”

 

“Come on, Sohyun. Don’t be like this.”

 

He was begging and she sighed, defeated as she opened the door. When he stepped inside, she expected him to sit on the couch but instead she felt a pair of arms around her.

 

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled in her hair.


 

It was already evening and Jimin went straight home after hanging out to get ready for his date with Nara. His friends were at their hideout spot still and Miyeon was probably already at her job.

 

He looked at the mirror to fix his hair for the last time before going downstairs. Today was going to be the day he never thought would come. He wanted everything to go perfectly as planned even though it was going to hurt her.

 

Just as he was about to open the door, it flew open on its own and Miyeon gasped in surprise. “You scared me!”

 

“Sorry.”

 

She studied him and he seemed fresh as if he was about to go out. Probably to meet Nara, she thought and changed her expression.

 

“Going somewhere?”

 

Jimin nodded and went into the kitchen for a drink to get himself together before the big day and Miyeon followed behind.

 

Her eyes stared at him but quickly averted them when he caught her. She wanted to talk but wasn’t sure if it was a good topic to discuss about. Miyeon bit the insides of her cheeks. He put his cup down and looked up at her. “Something you want to say?”

 

She mentally hit herself and opened to speak but nothing came out. Miyeon just shook her head and shrunk from her seat.

 

“You keep looking at me. Are you sure? Last chance,” he said and she sighed and bravely asked, “H-How much did y-you hear that day?”

Jimin gave her a confused look. “What?”

 

“Th-That day..” she avoided his eyes and looked at her feet. “Wh-When you hurt yourself..”

 

The boy snapped his hand when he remembered and thought about it. “When you said we were enemies,” he casually said and she cocked her head to the side. “That’s it? Nothing..More..?”

 

He looked at her and more of the incident came running in. He shook his head. “Ani. There was also something about you pursuing me and endings and chapters. Something like that,” he said and her eyes widened.

 

“But, I don’t understand. What did you mean when you said your’s changed? No matter how much I think about it, I don’t get it..” he suddenly asked and she stood up from the chair.

 

“Nothing. Forget what you heard, okay? I was just saying it just to say it,” she walked over to the sink and put her dishes away.

 

“And what if I said, no. I don’t think you’re telling the truth,” he stood behind her and she turned to look at him.

 

“It is. I only said it to get through her. You already know who I have feelings for,” she brushed past him but he quickly grabbed her hand, brows raised and said, “I never said anything about feelings.”

 

He turned her to look at him but she didn’t. Her eyes were focused on the ground as always when she’s nervous.

 

“I never said anything about feelings,” he repeated and she shut her eyes closed.

 

Damn it, Miyeon. What have you done?


 

“How do you guys think the break up would go?” Jungkook asked the elder ones as he tried to control his car in the video game but kept turning the opposite direction of where he was supposed to go.

V laughed at him and ran his car into the Maknae’s purposely before crossing the finish line and Suga cursed at him.

 

“Hey! Not fair. I got the ty controller!” The youngest muttered and put down the controller as J-Hope took his place for losing.

 

“I’m sure it’ll go fine. It’s now or never,” Taehyung said and Rap Monster took out his headphones to listen to the conversation. “Just hope Nara will be okay. It was obvious from the beginning anyway.”

 

Suga nudged J-Hope on the side to distract him from the game but failed as J-Hope had already crossed the line.

 

“! And yeah, that’s true. Jiminie was just too occupied to even notice,” he said and passed his controller to Jin, who, not long before starting the game had ran into the barrels in the middle of the street causing his car to catch on fire and blow up.

 

“And there goes Jimin’s love for Nara.”


 

“Wh-What?”

 

“I love you,” he repeated and she just stared at the guy in front of her in disbelief.

 

“No, I don’t believe you. Just a couple days ago you came apologizing for leaving me because you weren’t sure in the past. Now you’re telling me you love me? What is this, Byunghun?”

 

Sohyun angrily said as she held in her tears. “You’re confusing me. I don’t understand you or your thoughts. What are you trying to do to me? Kill me?”

 

He shook his head and gripped her hands tightly in his.

 

“I will never. I’m serious. After that day and thinking a lot, I finally figured it out. I love you, and only you.”

 

His eyes looked sincere and sad that she just let her tears fall and dropped to the ground at his words. All her life, all she ever wanted was him and his love.

 

“Don’t cry. I’m sorry I hurt you. This time I’m not going to go anywhere, I promise. I love you, Sohyun-ah,” he held her and she buried herself in his chest, crying.

 

“That’s all I ever wanted..”


 

Jimin stared into her eyes, searching for answers but she wasn’t giving in. He felt frustrated but didn’t let her go. He wanted answers now that they are on the topic.

 

“Let me ask you this again,” he said and she waited. “Do you have anything you want to tell me?”

 

Miyeon gulped at the question and shook her head.

 

“Nothing, nothing at all? Are you sure? Last chance,” he said and she knew it was bait for her to tell him the truth but she wasn’t going to take it.

 

“Yes, I’m sure,” she said in a casual tone and yanked her hand away from him. “And let go, please and thank you.”

 

She glared at him.

 

The boy took a step back, looking at her and trying to figure her out. She was hard to read.

 

“Don’t make me bring up incidents. I know you have something to say. You’re just not saying it,” he says and eyed her with his arms crossed.

 

Miyeon pushed him out of her way and went into the living room as Jimin followed her. She threw her bag on the floor beside her feet as she sat down on the couch and flipped through channels without saying a word.

 

“Yah, Yoo Miyeon. Why won’t you talk to me? Tell me,” he said and blocked her view and she rolled her eyes. “I have nothing to say. Leave me alone,” she said and he sighed. “So, even if I said you like me, you’re still going to deny it?”

 

When he said that, she looked at him shocked. That was unexpected from him and he smirked. Miyeon noticed the slyness in his smile she changed her expression and scoffed. “Of course not. Why would I like someone who’s a jerk?”

 

“All guys are jerks,” he shrugged and walked closer to her. “And you know that. Now, tell me..Do you have anything you want to say to me?”

 

He was in front of her now and she blinked at him, not knowing what to say as her mind was busy trying to calm her heart down.

 

“And don’t say you don’t because I know you do. I’ve got proof so don’t make me force it out of you,” he warned her.

 

She crossed her arms. “Try me,” she challenged and Jimin gave her an unreadable expression. How should she put it, sly and creepy? He had on a smile but it was more like a smirk the more she studied him.

 

But instead of Jimin doing anything to upset her, he just stepped back with a sigh. It sounded sad though and looked at her with pleading eyes. “Why can’t you just be honest with me? I know you’re lying. I just want the truth so I won’t get confused.”

 

Miyeon gave him a confused look. “Why? And how am I confusing you? I’ve never done anything for you to be unsure,” she said and he groaned, obviously frustrated with her now but it was also rubbing off on her.

 

“Think about it. What’s something you’ve always wanted to tell me. Think and tell me,” he said and she got up to go.

 

“This is ridiculous. I’m going to my room,” she said and he ran after her, grabbing her wrist once more. Miyeon struggled to free herself but he didn’t bother to loosen his grip.

 

“Tell me and I’ll let you go,” he said in a serious tone and she looked at him with angry eyes, glaring daggers at him.

 

“No. I don’t have anything to say to you. Now let me go, Jimin. You’re hurting me,” she looked at her wrist and winced.

 

“Not until you say it. Everyone knows, and I want to confirm it,” he pulled her closer to him and she tried to push him away but couldn’t.

 

“What do you want from me? I already told you, no!” she raised her voice and he scoffed at her. “I want you to be honest with me! Why can’t you do that? Should I just tell you then?”

 

His voice almost yelling and it scared her but she didn’t show it on her face as she kept provoking him. “Yes, Jimin. Why don’t you so I know? That would be very helpful,” she snapped and scowled at him but he didn’t seemed to be fazed by as his eyes only darkened.

 

“Don’t regret your words,” was all he said before she felt his hand at the back of her head, drawing her close until there wasn’t any space between them.