Nothing but happiness

I Hate You, Enemy. Not.

 

The next following day at school, Miyeon didn’t see any sign of Sohyun. Before coming, she had planned to talk to her about L.Joe. Being honest with her own feelings was the first step but with no sight of Sohyun she couldn’t.

 

“Maybe after school,” she mumbled and sighed as she walked over to her locker.


 

As soon as Jimin arrived, he didn’t bother to greet his friends but walked straight to her where her locker was. When he got there, the first person he saw was Miyeon and a sigh of relief escaped his lips.

 

“She’s here,” he said and ran towards her.

 

Out of nowhere her locker door closed shut and she turned to look and in front of her was Jimin. His lips were dry and pale, out of breath and before she could say a word, he pulled her into a hug. Miyeon’s mouth went dry and she wanted to hold him but they stayed put on her sides.

 

When he let go, he stared into her eyes and she looked into his. He had a worried expression on.

 

“Where were you? You didn’t come home last night!” he attacked her with his loud voice out of nowhere and she blinked.

 

Miyeon bit her lip and she thought about all sorts of lies to tell him but nothing came out. She felt like it would be wrong to do so because of last night’s incident. Just like how L.Joe wanted her to be honest, she wanted Jimin to be honest. One thing for sure was, he, Jimin, wanted her to be honest as well.

 

“I..I was..”

 

Jimin held her face and with a serious expression, asked, “You what?”

 

“I was-”

 

“It doesn’t matter where you’ve been. What matters is that you’re here and safe. That’s all that matters,” he cut her off and she wiggled out of his grip before looking at him.

 

“But why does it matter if I’m here or not? Why are you worried? The one you should be worrying about isn’t me,” she told him and he backed up, embarrassed.

 

Jimin rubbed the back of his neck nervously and she looked at him dead in the eyes. The person standing in front of her was with someone else, to be exact, he was in love with another person other than her.

 

Miyeon gripped her books until her knuckles turned white.

 

“Don’t confuse me. Just go back to the way we were because that’s how I’m going to be with you from now on,” she said and gave him a small smile and he just looked at her with a confused look. It didn’t bother her at all though. She was glad he was clueless then knowing she was hurt because of him.

 

He laughed at her commentary instead and she raised a brow.

 

“What do you mean, ‘don’t confuse me’? How am I even doing that?” he asked her and she scoffed at his question.

 

“Nothing, jerk,” she says and turned to leave.

 

He watched her back as she walked and he smiled.

 

“I’m happy to see you!” he shouted from behind and she stopped walking. Her heart skipped a beat and tears began to well her eyes. She can’t help but look back at the boy with her hands clenched into fists. There he was, at it again with his stupidity.


 

His smile was still plastered on his face as she kept her eyes on him and he can’t help but feel bad for some reason. The expression she had on her face before she turn back around was anger. Sadness.

 

“Is she okay?” he asked himself in a whisper before an arm wrapped itself around him and head on his shoulder.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

It was Nara and he can’t help but turn to her with a wide smile.

 

“Noona!”

 

She let go and stood in front of him with a smile as well and hugged her purse close so it wouldn’t slip as she leaned and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

 

Jimin smirked and she blushed before waving at him.

 

“See you later after school? I’ve got to get to my first class. It’s going to be my first time as a substitute,” she cheered.

 

“Arasso. I’ll treat you out tonight, okay?” he suggested and she gave him a nod before walking off into the distance.


 

It was finally after school and she went over to Sohyun’s place. Miyeon was already in front of the door when she finally had the courage to knock. When the door opened revealing Sohyun, she gave the girl a weak smile and waved.

 

“H-Hi..May I come in?”

 

Sohyun stood there for a few seconds, still surprised to see her old friend in her doorway. Nonetheless, Sohyun let her in and asked if she wanted a cup of tea to which Miyeon’s reply yes to.

 

When she returned with a two cups of tea, Miyeon quickly stood up to help and Sohyun let her. Miyeon took a sip from her own cup and cleared , looking around.

 

“It’s still the same as before,” she commented and chuckled.

 

The girl nodded and Miyeon can’t help but scoot closer to her. She held Sohyun’s hands in hers and apologized.

 

“I want to tell you something. I know it’s been awhile since we’ve last talked, but if I don’t get this out of my chest I don’t know what I’d do,” she said and Sohyun didn’t argue about it at all and just nodded her head.


 

Jimin stared at the person standing in front of him with an annoying look and L.Joe grinned in return.

 

“Were you expecting your girlfriend?”

 

The younger boy scoffed.

 

“Yes, I was. What do you want?”

 

L.Joe shrugged his shoulders.

 

“A talk. You know, guy talk,” he said and Jimin glared at him.

 

L.Joe rolled his eyes and started dragging Jimin. There was no time to waste.

 

“Come on. We need to go somewhere quiet.”

 

Before Jimin can protest, he was already inside a car and L.Joe drove off.


 

“To be honest, I wanted to be real with you because I don’t want to live with this guilt about liking L.Joe Oppa. I’ve liked him for a long time now and I never told you because I didn’t want to break our friendship. You were happy with him and I just felt like if I told you, I’ll be taking something from you, y’know,” she told Sohyun, who just nodded along.

 

Miyeon waited for some yelling but nothing came out of the girl in front of her and she furrowed her brows.

 

“I’m sorry, did I miss something because I don’t hear you cursing at me?” she said and Sohyun just kept her eyes on Miyeon.

 

“Lee Byunghun Oppa..He told me everything already. Including the reason he left. I also know about your feelings for him and his as well. You don’t have to apologize..” she said in a quiet voice it scared Miyeon a little.

 

opened to say more but Sohyun beat her to it.

 

“He left because he wanted to run away from his feelings. He didn’t want to tell me because it would hurt me,” she said and the tune of her voice was cracking from trying to hold in her cry.

 

Miyeon frowned and Sohyun cleared and took a deep breath.

 

“He told me everything I needed to know so you don’t have to. I’m struggling enough. I don’t need anymore added,” she said final and Miyeon bit back her words.

 

Sohyun then stood up and gave Miyeon a smile.

 

“I’m sorry about everything. I know you’ve been through a lot too, but I guess I was too selfish to see. I just hope everything between us can pass so we can move on,” she held out her hand to Miyeon and she gladly accepted it.


 

L.Joe got out of the car and Jimin followed him from behind. Then out of nowhere, he felt a sting on the cheek and he was on the ground.

 

“Hey, what was that for?” he shouted and L.Joe stared him down.

 

“You. Don’t you dare hurt her again.”

 

Jimin stood up and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand but he didn’t hit back. He just scoffed at the boy’s words.

 

“What are you talking about? Miyeon?”

 

He spat out the blood in his mouth but he could still taste the metallic and saltiness inside.

 

“I’m sorry, I was trying to knock some sense into you,” L.Joe said sarcastically and Jimin went up to him with his fist in the air, wanting to hit him but he didn’t.

 

“Why? I didn’t do anything wrong.”

 

L.Joe pushed him and said, “Why don’t you rethink what you did and this time, try to make the right one,” before stalking off, leaving Jimin behind with a bloody lip.


 

Sohyun stared at herself in the mirror and smiled sadly at her own reflection. No matter how much she wanted to forget about his words to her, she couldn’t. She was hurt and there was nothing she could do to stop it.

 

“It’s okay. I’ll be okay,” she whispered and the tears finally spilled out of her eyes.

 

When she finally stopped crying, her eyes were puffy and red. She didn’t bother to wipe her makeup off and just laid on her bed. She let out a shaky breath and looked at the picture on the side of her bed.

 

“I wish you nothing but happiness,” she said and placed the frame down.

 

She turned to face the wall and closed her eyes until she went to sleep.