Home!

I Hate You, Enemy. Not.

Nara stared at her phone and let out a small sigh. It was almost 5pm and there was no sign of Jimin. Not even a phone call. Anxious, she gripped her phone and silently prayed but to her dismay there was nothing.

 

“Jimin..” she whispered and a tear slid down her face. It was obvious already but she was trying her best to ignore the feeling. She could see it in his eyes and expressions. From the very beginning when she set her eyes on Miyeon. Her instincts just knew but she avoided them, fearing to lose him. But now it seemed like she was going to have to let him go.


 

She breathed in his scent as he held her. They were in her bed in each others arms and it was the best feeling she had felt in a long time.

 

“Are you feeling okay?” his voice whispered softly into her ear and she nodded, turning to face him. At the sight of his small face she smiled and caressed his cheek gently.

 

“Now that you’re here, yes,” she answered and in return he gave her a soft kiss on the lips leaving her insides fluttering.

 

He chuckled and she blushed. “Good.”


 

Miyeon tried her best to push him away but his grip was too strong. She never really thought he’d be this strong since he was short. Surprise, surprise, she guess.

 

When he finally let go of her face, she glared at him and wiped her lips with the back of her hand. “Stupid jerk! Why did you do that?”

 

She was upset and frustrated. With his action, it made her confused more than ever.

 

“You wanted me to tell you, so I did. I like you,” he finally told her and for a second there she almost didn’t believe him but the look in his eyes told her to.

 

“Wh-what?” she managed to asked out of shock and he sighed, looking straight into her eyes. “I like you. Do you like me?”

 

Miyeon wanted to jump on him and scream at the top of her lungs, “I do! I love you!” but she didn’t. Her feet stayed glued on the floor and tears started to form in her eyes as she gave him her answer.

 

“No, I don’t. I love someone else.”

 

Why did she have to make it difficult? All she needed to do was tell the truth.

 

Not believing her words Jimin grabbed her shoulders and looked deep into her eyes, searching and trying to find the truth from inside her.

 

“I know you’re lying. I know you do. I don’t believe you,” he said and she removed his hands from her shoulders. “I don’t care if you believe me or not but I’m telling the truth. I don’t,” she harshly pushed him back and went up the stairs but then his words stopped her.

 

“What do you regret? I heard you talking with V and you were crying..”

 

The girl harshly wiped away her tears before letting them fall limply at her sides. She gripped her skirt tightly and then turned to look down at him. He had a determined look on his face. He wasn’t bothered by her answer.

 

“If you say no one more time, Miyeon..I swear I will get my payback. One more strike and you’re out,” he reminded her and she scoffed in return. Of course, how could she not? But what can she do? Her petty feelings for him didn’t mean anything. He was with someone else anyway.

 

“You want to know what I regret so much? You. I wished I never met you. I wished I hadn’t fall for you. I regret you the most. I hate you!” she screamed at him and he went up to her, his expression sad and hurt. He grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him. “Take that back. I know you’re lying and I know you love me. I’m not stupid.” His tone of voice sad and full of hate at the same time.

 

Miyeon kept her head high and said, “No, because I am telling the truth. I don’t go back on my words,” she told him and he slowly let go of her. He gave her a sad look. “Why won’t you be honest with me? I’m being truthful with you right now, so why can’t you?”

 

She blinked at his words and tears came down but not wanting him to see, quickly turned around so her back was facing him. “Because Jimin..” she started but nothing came out and he said, “Because you don’t want to lose me, is that right?” he bluntly asked and she bit her lip, unsure of what to say.

 

Jimin turned her around and placed a kiss on her forehead as she closed her eyes, savoring the moment in her. “I’m sorry I didn’t realize it until now..”

 

Miyeon let her tears run down her face and she shook her head. All this was surreal and her mind was everywhere to process it correctly. This has to be one of his jokes.

 

“No, I don’t. Stop doing this to me, Jimin. All you’ve ever done is tease and make fun of me. Laugh in my face and tell me you’re just playing me! I don’t believe you!” she hit his chest and he grabbed both of her hands to stop her. “But I’m not. Why won’t you believe me? What do I have to do to make you believe me?” he helplessly asked her and she sniffled.

 

Jimin looked at her face and he could still see her tears streaming down and it hurt him more than ever at the sight of it. He never wanted to hurt her. At least he didn’t mean to.

 

Looking away from him, Miyeon wiped her tears away before facing him again. “You don’t have to do anything,” she replied and glared at him in way it hurt him even more. It was as if she despised of him.

 

He gave her a somber look. “Don’t look at me like that.”

 

“Then leave me alone!”

 

Frustrated, he ran a hand through his hair and looked at her with angry eyes. “I already told you, not until you tell me the truth!” His voice was yelling at her now and she gritted her teeth, more upset than ever as she raised her hand ready to slap him when he caught her hand.

 

“Hey, I didn’t do anything for you to use violence,” he said and she wiggled her hand from his grasp. “Let go of me! Leave me be!” she shouted.

 

“Then tell me the truth!” he yelled back.

 

Having enough of the argument and going back and forth with him, Miyeon looked at him straight in the eyes and said, “I regret meeting you. I hate you. And I will never fall for you,” and that was all it took for him to do what he did.

 

He pushed her against the railings of the stairs and stared at her. “Then, tell me if you feel anything,” was all he said before pulling her into a kiss, shocking her as her eyes grew wide but soon closed them. Everything around her seemed to have gone as it was only the both of them in a timeless world.

 

This time his kiss was soft and gentle, passionate and deep and she responded with the same feeling but when she finally came back to her senses, she pushed him off her and when he finally let her go, she slapped him in the face.

 

Jimin looked at her, shocked at her action but he wasn’t upset about it. He was more upset about her lying to him. He scoffed and she ran up to her room, slamming the door shut behind her.


 

The call went into voicemail again and she hung up, again. Nara bit her nails, nervous as to why he wasn’t answering her calls. “Please answer, Jimin,” she whispered, praying and dialed his number again but it went straight to voicemail.

 

The woman wiped her tears and laughed at her actions. It was pathetic and stupid of her. Why would she even want him to call her back? She was the one who left him hurting and popping into his life unexpectedly. All she ever did was cause him pain so wouldn’t it be better if he was with someone who make him happy instead?

 

“Maybe she was right..Old endings, new beginnings,” she bitterly smiled and she chuckled for thinking about a little girl’s words. How silly of her.


 

“Miyeon, open this door! We’re not done talking,” he banged on the door and she opened it for him. She kept her eyes on the floor though and he let out a long sigh before speaking.

 

“I didn’t mean to do that, but you left me no choice. I won’t ask no more and leave you alone. I won’t even speak to you if that’ll make you happy,” he turned to leave and she quickly gripped his shirt preventing him from walking away, shaking her head no.

 

“Kajima..”

 

Her voice was barely audible for him but he stayed put and she tugged at his shirt signalling him to look at her. When he did, she opened to speak.

 

“I’m scared..”

 

“Why? There’s nothing for you to be scared of,” he said and she finally looked up at him. Her eyes were red and sad.

 

“Because I don’t want to lose you. I’m afraid you’ll leave one day..” she stopped at the memories of her past and L.Joe and just everything that had happened before and now.

 

The sight of her flinch and scared made him smile lightly. He loved the vulnerable side of her. It was new to him and pretty much surprising to see this new side of her probably more then before.

 

“That’s your past. This is a new beginning. You don’t have to be scared,” he wiped her tears away and chuckled at her silliness for thinking it. “I just want your answer.”

 

The girl bit her cheek at his words. It’s now or never, Miyeon. Don’t regret like you did before, she told herself and collected all the nerve that she could to tell him.

 

But before she could even utter a word out, keys jingled and the next thing interrupting them was the front door opening revealing his parents and they were looking up at them with smiles on their faces.

 

“Oh Son, you’re there! We’re home!” his mother called and his father trudging through the door with two luggages in his hands.

 

The boy forced a smile and waved at them as Miyeon closed , pushing Jimin out of the way and began walking down the stairs to greet them.

 

“Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Park! It’s good to see you guys back!” she cheerfully welcomed them with a hug as Jimin bitterly smiled.

 

“..So soon..” he mumbled and went down to help with the luggages.