Pride

I Hate You, Enemy. Not.

After dinner and settling in the living room Miyeon turned to Jimin’s parents to ask about hers. She wondered why they haven’t came to get her yet since it was getting late.

 

“Excuse me, but..Where are my..Parents..?” she asked and Jimin’s mom gave her a warm smile, “Ah! They went home and said you could spend the night here. We’ll take you home first thing tomorrow morning!” she beamed and clasped her hands together, turning to her husband, “Right, Honey?”

 

“Of course!” he chuckled and Miyeon laughed back thinking to herself. Of course they would make the decision for me. Tch, what kind of parents leave their only child to spend the night at a ert’s house? She scrunched her nose at the thought.

 

Disappointed and not wanting to hear more about it, Jimin then got up and yawned. “I’m tired. Goodnight,” he said as an excuse and his Mother pouted at him. “Already?”

 

The boy scoffed at her response.

 

“Omma, it’s almost 10pm. I thought you wanted me in bed early before?” he rolled his eyes and his Dad laughed. “You’re mother just missed you a lot, Son.”

 

He then went to give his parents each a kiss on the cheek before heading upstairs and when he got to the third step he turned to look at Miyeon, who for a short second made eye contact before looking away.

 

“Goodnight,” was all she said and he gave her an nod, saddened at the response he got.

“Night..”

 

Soon after he left, it wasn’t long until his parents followed.

 

“We should go to bed too. It’s late anyway,” Mr. Park said and gave his wife a hand.

 

Miyeon bowed her head as she watched them leave. “Have a good night and thank you for letting me stay the night,” she thanked them and Mrs. Park smiled, chuckling at her. “Of course, Dear. You’re family.”

 

She gave them a last bow until they disappeared and sat down with a big sigh. It has only been three months and they were already back. It was a pity everything had to end this way but it was probably for the best. Even if it meant not seeing him everyday, annoying her on a daily basis and making her upset and happy when he’s not even trying to. She’ll probably miss everything, right? She’s been so used to having him around, she didn’t even think to protect her heart. So weak. Ending it here like this was her only way to stop everything.

 

Miyeon took a deep breath to steady her breaths as she was trying her hardest to hold in her tears and made her way upstairs.


 

Jimin sighed through the phone and covered his face with a pillow as his friends were on the other line shocked to hear the news. Like they said, six months is still three more months away.

 

“What are you going to do now?” V asked him and he shook his head.

 

“I don’t know..What should I do?” he said, asking himself and then he remembered Nara.

 

Their date.

 

That was tonight.

 

“,” he cursed and ruffled his hair harshly.

 

“What’s wrong?” J-Hope asked and he groaned.

 

“I was supposed to have a date with Nara Noona today but I forgot,” he mumbled and they laughed at him.

 

“Seriously? You stood her up then!” Suga said, amused and Jimin rolled his eyes at his friend.

 

“It’s okay. happens. It’s life man,” his Leader chimed and in the background he could hear both Jin and Jungkook snickering.

 

“Yeah, Nam Joon Hyung is right,” the youngest one says and Jin agreed. “Exactly. We knew Miyeon was in your heart.”

 

Jimin sat up and lazily got up to go to his door. “Whatever. I’ll see you guys tomorrow. Goodnight,” he said before hanging up and opened his door when he saw Miyeon standing in front of hers about to go in.

 

“H-Hey!” he called out stuttering but she didn’t turn around or even give him an answer.

 

“About earlier..” he started and Miyeon clenched her fists. She reminded herself that there was someone better looking after him anyway and opened her bedroom door.

 

“Just forget what I said earlier..Goodnight, Jimin..”

 

Her door shut in front of him and he was too stunned at her reply that he didn’t get the chance to say anything. He mentally groaned and sighed.

 

“Of course..” he whispered and went back into his room.


 

When she was sure Jimin had gone back to his room, Miyeon finally let her tears out and laid in her bed. She felt so empty and lonely. How could she say something so hurtful to him when she didn’t mean it? Her heart ached and wanted to call for him to come and comfort her but she didn’t let herself do it. She was too hesitant. Just like in the past. She was and always will be doubtful.


 

It was finally morning and Miyeon got up from her bed. She went to the bathroom and looked at herself. Her eyes were puffy and red from last night as she didn’t let herself rest. Just the thought of it made her want to curl in a ball and cry until she didn’t have any tears left.

 

“Get yourself together,” she whispered and splashed water in her face.


 

After getting dressed and all packed, Miyeon went down with her luggage in one hand and to the door. It was already opened as both of Jimin’s parents were already on the go.

 

“All packed and ready to go?” his mom asked her and Miyeon nodded with a faint smile.

 

“Yes, Ma’am. All ready..” she leaned over to put her shoes on when Mrs. Park shouted.

 

“Oh, Dear! Why don’t you come and say bye to Miyeon before she leaves?” she suggested and Miyeon quickly shook her head before he could say anything.

 

“No, no! It’s okay. We should go now,” she smiled and his mom frowned. “Oh, okay. We’ll be back Jimin!”

 

She left, leaving Miyeon behind to put on her shoes and Jimin just watched her from above the stairs. His lips in a thin line and when she finished, Miyeon didn’t even bother to look back at him. Her hand squeezed the knob and the door opened.

 

“Miyeon-ah..” she heard him call, “Bye..See you at school..”

 

The girl squeezed her eyes shut to hold back her tears that she had been holding in for the last hour since morning and walked out without saying a word to him.

 

Not even a good-bye.

 

Nothing whatsoever and closed the door behind her as she left, leaving her feelings behind.


 

“Just forget what I said earlier..Goodnight, Jimin..”


 

“I can’t believe she told me to forget about it..” he mumbled and sulked as his friends just stared at him, feeling sorry and pity towards him. Jimin rolled his eyes and glared at them. “You guys don’t have to sit here and pity me, y’know?”

 

Suga shrugged. “It’s better then going school.”

 

J-Hope hi-fived him.

 

Jungkook and V just shrugged as their Leader and eldest were too busy talking amongst themselves about whatever.

 

“How come you guys didn’t go to school today anyway?” Jin asked, pausing his conversation with Nam Joon.

 

The two young ones shrugged and Jimin ruffled his messy hair, “I didn’t want to see her..I don’t think I can look at her..” he confessed and Suga smirked.

 

“After all, you did kiss her.”

 

Jimin grinned and the members ‘wooed’ and about it which didn’t bother him. What was bothering him was what Miyeon had said the day before she left. As he thought about it, he asked her questions in his mind. How could I forget it when I have feelings for you? Strong feelings at that. There was no way he could just erase it and not remember it.

 

“Oh right, so are you still going to do what you planned to do yesterday?” V asked out of nowhere and the others turned their heads, expecting an answer.

 

Without saying a word, he nodded and Jungkook grinned. “Will be looking forward to your happy ending, Hyung.”

 

The boy smiled and nodded his head acknowledging his friend’s words but he wasn’t even sure himself if it was going to be a happy ending. Miyeon was just too stubborn. But if he really wants his happy ending, he was going to have to figure out something.


 

Sohyun kissed his cheeks and giggled as he held her hand, pulling her close to him. They were out enjoying their date for the first time since he got back and she couldn’t help but gush over him. It didn’t mean she was over from all the hurt and pain he brought her or made her feel but she was happy regardless. It was still hard for her to believe he was hers now.

 

“Why do you keep staring at me like that? Are you that happy?” L.Joe asked her and poked her cheek.

 

The girl grinned wider and nodded, snuggling against his arm. He just chuckled at her and they entered a pastry shop.

 

“Wah~ So pretty,” Sohyun’s eyes glittered from looking at all the beautifully decorated cakes and baked goods inside. She dragged him to the window with cakes and pointed at a strawberry shortcake one. “I want this one!”

 

“Arasso,” he squeezed her hand and called for one of the workers.


 

Miyeon let her tears run down her face and she shook her head. All this was surreal and her mind was everywhere to process it correctly. This has to be one of his jokes.

 

“No, I don’t. Stop doing this to me, Jimin. All you’ve done is tease and make fun of me. Laugh in my face and tell me you’re just playing me! I don’t believe you!” she hit his chest and he grabbed both of her hands to stop her. “But I’m not. Why won’t you believe me? What do I have to do to make you believe me?” he helplessly asked her and she sniffled.


 

Miyeon opened her eyes after reliving the memory from yesterday and looked at herself from the wall mirror hanging across from her. She had on an oversized white tee and shorts with her bed hair since morning and frowned. She noticed for the first time she didn’t fix herself or dress up as she usually would and scoffed. “Don’t tell me I’m starting this phase all over again,” she muttered and covered herself with her cover. Underneath, she curled into a ball and more images from yesterday came back to her.


 

After his parents went to bed, she sat in her spot thinking long and hard about everything that had happened before the surprise of his parents. The thought of earlier made her regret. She should’ve had done something, pulling him in her room or something. Now she was going to hesitate again but where’s the surprise there?

 

She steadily breathed out before making her way upstairs and when she got to the top, in front of his door for some reason, she took a step forward. “It won’t hurt to try again,” she says but when his voice was heard she panicked and uncertainty about the decision, decided to go to her room.

 

But then his door opened.

 

“H-Hey!” Miyeon heard him called out stuttering but she didn’t turn around or even give him an answer.

 

“About earlier..” he started and Miyeon clenched her fists. She reminded herself that there was someone better looking after him anyway and opened her bedroom door.

 

“Just forget what I said earlier..Goodnight, Jimin..”

 

That was all she could say before her door shut in front of him.

 

“Of course,” she heard him say, listening against her door. She sighed and looked at her lap when she sat down on her bed. There wasn’t even a reason why she had said that to him besides her cowardness and self esteem.


 

That’s it. It was because of her stupidity that she didn’t say anything to him. Her pride got the best of her and she lost someone dear to her. Not once but twice. She didn’t want to have to go back on her words.

 

Unknowingly, tears began to fall and she sniffled wiping them away. She didn’t deserve him. All she did was hurt him. Even if she thought that, she couldn’t deny the feelings she has for him and that hurt.

 

“I’m sorry, Jimin..”