Don't Know Anymore

I Hate You, Enemy. Not.

 

Jimin slumped over his bed on the phone with his friends. He had cancelled his plans with Nara the other night. Too much was going on and he wanted answers. So for the last few days he had been slacking off and trying to find solutions for his questions.

 

“I’m serious. She really said that.”

 

He groaned at Suga’s repeated question and he could hear the others snickering in the background.

 

“Hyung, why don’t you ask again? Didn’t you say Eun told you about her feelings?”

 

Jungkook asked and he nodded his head.

 

“Yeah, she did. And I don’t think I should triple check because I already got my answer. But you guys aren’t really helping so I’m going to hang up. I’m really tired,” he yawned and after his friends each said good-bye, he hung up and laid down thinking to himself.

 

The look in her eyes showed bewilderment as if she was hiding something. He flipped his back and faced the ceiling recalling to the memory. He was sure she was lying. He knew she was.

 

“Strike five,” he mumbled but then dismissed what he said.

 

“Not unless I know for sure.”


 

“Hello. Welcome to B.A.P’s Coffee Shop!”

 

She greeted a customer with a smile and Jongup came to her side.

 

“How are you holding up?”

 

“Fine, I guess. Why?”

She asked him and walked up to the cash register when a customer rung up the bell.

 

“Nothing, really. It’s just that it’s been awhile since you’ve worked, that’s all,” he said and she grinned at him.

 

“Ten dollars, please,” she told the customer and then turned to her friend beside her.

 

“I am fine. Stop worrying about me, will you?”

 

She thanked the quest then went to the back room where Himchan and Youngjae was. Yong Guk and Zelo was in the front on the bakery side and Jongup was behind her, so that means one was missing.

 

“Where’s Daehyun?”

 

She asked suddenly and Youngjae met her eyes.

 

Himchan smirked at her.

 

“Why do you want to know? Memories just coming back?”

 

He shot at her and she gave him a confused look only.

 

“What are you talking about? I noticed he was gone and I asked. Am I wrong to want to know where he is?”

 

She rolled her eyes and Youngjae stood up from his chair.

 

“He’s..Not feeling well today..”

 

Miyeon nodded.

 

“Ahh, really? Is he okay?”

 

Jongup gave her a nod and smiled at her.

 

“Of course. You can come over later after work to check on him if you want,” he suggested and her eyes lit up but then remembered there was homework.

 

“Oh dang..I can’t. Homework,” she pouted and Himchan scoffed.

 

“Screw homework.”

 

“Yah, are you telling me to throw away my dreams?”

 

Himchan shrugged and left as Youngjae forced a smile.

 

“Maybe another time,” he said and she nodded, saddened at the thought of not seeing Daehyun today.

 

“I was hoping to at least see him today though..” she muttered with a frown.


 

At the end, he decided to go over to Taehyung’s house to talk to him about Miyeon. For his sake, and her sake.

 

“Oh, hey. Everyone’s inside too,” V let him inside and he sat on the couch beside Jin and Namjoon while V went back to his video games with Jungkook.

 

Jimin boredly watched as V, Suga, J-Hope played and Jungkook turned to look at him for a quick second before back at the screen.

 

“Hey, hyung. Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah, sure.”

 

He muttered.

 

Being bored, yeah, he thought and sighed as he leaned back on the couch with an arm over his eyes.

 

“Guys..I came here for a reason. At least give me some attention,” he said when no one was talking to him and glared at the boys shooting games.

 

Taehyung paused the game and they groaned turning to face Jimin with a gloomy look.

 

“Let me guess, another Miyeon episode?”

 

Jungkook scrunched his nose drunk his juice box beside him.

 

“I told you guys everything that happened already. I don’t know why she’s not telling the truth.”

 

“Did you make a mistake?”

 

“Yeah, by sitting on the couch,” Jimin sarcastically said and V laughed at him.

 

“You’re clumsy so you probably did without realizing it,” Namjoon added and he rolled his eyes.

 

“You once kicked yourself in the head and fell off a chair,” J-Hope pointed out and laughter filled the room.

 

Once the laughing stopped, V turned to face the t.v screen again as he had resumed the game and they start playing again, he said, “Don’t worry, Hyung. She likes you.”

 

Jin’s eyes widened.

 

“I knew it! Wahh, Jimin,” he did a thumbs up and Jimin cleared his throat at the sudden comment.

 

“How do you know?” Suga asked nudging Taehyung in the ribs.

 

“She told me. But, don’t tell her I told you. It’s a secret,” he smirked and Namjoon patted Jimin’s back.

 

“See, no need to worry. We got your back.”


 

When Jimin got home, Miyeon was in the living room watching television. Dramas, at that. He took off his shoes and plopped down beside her.

 

“You’re finally home,” she said and he hummed an answer.

 

Miyeon then got up and went to the kitchen to look for something to eat. Since getting home from work, she hadn’t eaten. She had been waiting for him to get home to eat together.

 

“Yah, are you hungry?” she hollered, looking inside the fridge.

 

“Sure. What are you making?”

 

She tapped her chin and took out green onions and a sweet onion along with some bell peppers from the refrigerator then reached in the cabinet for three packs of ramen noodles.

 

“Umm, how about noodles?”

 

“Sure,” his voice from behind her and reached for the ramen before she lost her footing from the sudden action.

 

Jimin chuckled at her and gripped her on the wrist before she fell completely and sat the noodles on the counter.

 

“Th-Thank you..”

 

He shrugged and went back to watch t.v and she gripped her chest.


 

After eating, they both headed upstairs and he stopped in front of his bedroom door.

 

“Miyeon..”

 

He called her name when she opened her room door.

 

“Yes?”

 

She turned to him but he wasn’t turned to her.

 

“Do you have anything you want to say to me? Anything..At all..?”

 

The girl bit her lip and looked at the ground. She was hesitating again and for once, she just wanted to be honest about her feelings for him but a part of her wasn’t letting her.

 

She shut her eyes and mustered up the courage she had from thinking back to when V and Jongup was talking and encouraging her. But just when she was going to speak, he interrupted her.

 

“It’s fine. Forget I said anything.”

 

He opened his door and walked in.

 

Miyeon watched as he shut the door and she wanted to go in and tell him about her feelings. But she didn’t. She stood there, rooted to the ground and just sighed before going in her own room.


 

His phone started ringing and he looked at the caller I.D to see it was Nara. Instead of answering it like he usually did, Jimin put his phone and silenced it before putting it under the pillow. It was unusual for him to not answer but he didn’t care.

 

He used to be all over Nara but for the past few days it had been different. Ever since that day of the question, his head had been only on Miyeon. Deep inside, he cares and loves Nara dearly but right now he wasn’t sure anymore.


 

“Hyung!” V called when he saw Jimin standing in the middle of the hall unmoving.

 

When he got to Jimin, he stood in front of his friend. He wasn’t even aware of the scene behind him.

 

“Are you sure about your decision?” he asked but Jimin didn’t reply. He was just staring ahead, completely gone.


 

He blew a raspberry at the memory.

 

“Damn, Tae. I don’t even know anymore..”