Always By Your Side

YongSeo Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 21. Early in the afternoon when Yonghwa’s parents and the entire Busan Friends group arrived at the concert venue. Yonghwa’s mother was driving his red sports car while Yonghwa’s father was driving his jeep.

 

They went inside the backstage while Yonghwa’s preparing. They all greeted him, cheered for him and showed their support to him. Their presence made Yonghwa feel better than the other day and the past days since the news about his admission at a certain university came out.

 

Yonghwa’s Busan friends came out of the backstage and strolled around while waiting for the event to start. Meanwhile, Yonghwa’s parents and his brother stayed with him inside the backstage and talked to him about his plans.

 

Minutes passed, Seohyun, Yoona, Jonghyun, Minhyuk, Jungshin and Krystal arrived altogether inside the backstage.

 

Jungshin led their way as the group entered. Jungshin greeted the FNC staff including their managers doing work for Yonghwa. Minhyuk and Jonghyun followed Jungshin in greeting and then the girls.

 

“Hyung!” Jungshin called Yonghwa’s name while Yonghwa was talking to his parents.

 

“Oh?!?” Yonghwa looked at the people arriving.

“Go and greet them son.” Yonghwa’s mother smiled as she watch the group arriving.

 

Yonghwa stood up and welcomed Jungshin, Minhyuk and Jonghyun with respective hugs.

 

“Wah! I thought everyone’s busy.” Yonghwa’s eyes started to get watery as he received s’ hug.

“This won’t be a surprise anymore if we’ll tell honesty.” Jungshin replied.

“Yah! This is unexpected. But really. Thank you so much for being here.” Yonghwa, after each hug looked at each of and smiled at them.

“Thank you to our manager Hyung. He was able to pull me out on today’s filming. Hahaha.” Jonghyun said. “I really wanted to be here.”

“Ei, Hyung. We’re all here for you. We’re all in this together.” Minhyuk smiled.

 

Seohyun was at the back of Minhyuk watching CNBLUE’s moment. She wasn’t able to control her feelings and started to tear seeing how Yonghwa receive a lot of support from s. She hid herself behind Minhyuk and bowed her head.

 

“Really. Thank you. Thank you guys. This means a lot. Really. Thank you for being my members. Thank you for being with me and showing your support.” Yonghwa replied.

“We’re here for you, always.” Jonghyun smiled.

 

Yonghwa then walked to the girls who were at the back of the boys. Yonghwa glared at Seohyun and saw her sobbing at the back of Minhyuk. But he ignored her and talked to Yoona and Krystal first.

 

“Soojungie! Wah. I missed this baby girl. Cham. Why is everyone getting their hair short?” Yonghwa cracked a joke and looked at both Krystal and Yoona.

“Hahaha! Because we’re all CNBLUE’s yoja!” Yoona butted in.

 

And everyone laughed.

 

“Oppa, this may be hard right now but we’re all here to support you. We believe in you and we trust you, Yonghwa Oppa.” Yoona continued with a serious tone.

“Gomawo, Yoona-sshi.”

 

Yoona initiated the quick hug with Yonghwa.

 

“Yonghwa Oppa, fighting!” Yoona smiled and then stayed near Jonghyun.

 

Yonghwa then turned to Krystal again.

 

“How’s Soojungie?”

“Kenchanayo Oppa. Yah. This too shall pass Oppa. You can do it!” Krystal smiled.

“Thank you Soojungie.” Yonghwa smiled and gave a quick hug to Krystal too.

 

And then Minhyuk looked for Seohyun.

 

“Where’s Joohyun?” Minhyuk uttered after Krystal and Yonghwa hugged.

 

Everyone looked around the waiting room including Yonghwa and his parents.

 

Then, they all spotted Seohyun just near the door, her head down, wiping her own tears.

 

“Oh! Joohyuna!” Yoona said as their eyes focused on Seohyun.

“Hyung, it’s her turn.” Jungshin said.

 

Yonghwa smiled to Jungshin and to his parents. He then walked to Seohyun.

 

“And why is my girlfriend crying, huh?” Yonghwa cupped Seohyun’s face and let her head up. Seohyun’s eyes were closed as she give in to Yonghwa. “Ei, why are you crying? Huh?” Yonghwa wiped Seohyun’s tears with his hands. Moments passed, Seohyun opened her eyes and hugged Yonghwa.

 

“Kenchana?” Yonghwa started whispering while on hug.

“I’m so relieved seeing you better now. I’m so happy you’re receiving much love from your family, members and friends. I’m relieved you're better than yesterday.”

“Thanks to you, Hyuna. Thank you for being with me on this. If not with you, I don’t think I’ll be able to do this concert. Thank you, Baby.”

“I’m so worried. The past days have been really hard but I’m so relieved, you made it. And I’ll be here, always huh?”

“I love you so much Baby. This is for you, for my parents, for my members, for my friends and for all the fans who never left me and believed in me.”

“I love you so much Yonghwa. I love you. I’m so proud of you.” Seohyun whispered.

“I don’t want to see my girlfriend crying. You’re making me cry too. My make up is almost finished.” Yonghwa started to cry while still on hug with Seohyun.

“May this hug of mine feel you even more better. May this hug ease the pain you felt and may this finally remove the pain still there hiding.”

“Thank you Hyunnie. Thank you.” Yonghwa broke the hug and both looked at each other’s eye. “I love you so much Seo Joohyun.”

“I love you, Jung Yonghwa.”

 

Seohyun smiled and unknowingly, they both laughed while wiping each other’s tears.

 

“I love you Babe.” Yonghwa whispered and then pecked Seohyun’s lips.

“I love you.” Seohyun replied after the kiss and then hugged Yonghwa again.

 

“Do well on your concert. I’ll be cheering for you. Dance and sing well. We will all be here to see you try again and smile again.”

“Thank you. I’ll do well. I’ll do better.”

 

Seohyun broke the hug and then left Yonghwa. She walked to his parents and greeted them.

 

 

“Ohh. You cried hard my daughter.” Yonghwa’s mother cupped Seohyun’s face as she came to her.

“I’m worried about Yonghwa the past days but thanks to you, Omoni. Apuji. He’s better. And I’m relieved because of that.” Seohyun held Yonghwa’s mother’s hands.

“I’ve always been thankful to you for being with Yonghwa at all periods. You never left him in spite of everything.”

“I will never break my promise to you Omoni. I won’t leave your son. Hahaha.”

“I missed you, Seohyuna.” Yonghwa’s mother hugged her.

“I missed you too Omoni.” Seohyun replied as she broke the hug.

 

She then turned to Yonghwa’s father and gave him a fatherly hugged.

 

“I missed you, Apuji. How have you been?” Seohyun quickly broke the hug.

“I’m assured Yonghwa will be able to surpass this because you’ve been a good influence to him since the day he met you. And up to this time, I’m thankful to you, Seohyun-sshi for being there for my son. Gomawo.” Yonghwa’s father smiled and patted Seohyun’s shoulder.

“Kamsahamnida Apuji.” Seohyun bowed to Yonghwa’s father.

 

The rest of the group’s stay inside Yonghwa’s dressing room became lighted. They all took photos together and talked about lighter topics prior the start of the show.

 

 

Minutes passed just before the start of the show, the group had to leave to go to their designated areas.

 

Yonghwa’s family was able to seat with the public. Seohyun’s family, which arrived just in time before the start of the show, too was seated with the public opposite to where Yonghwa’s family stayed. She stayed with her parents and was comfortable wearing her black cap, mask and scarf.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona, Jonghyun, Minhyuk, Krystal and Jungshin were seated at the upper part of the venue, just near the FNC staff and managers.

 

 

Exactly 5 in the afternoon when the concert started. Yonghwa came out feeling better than yesterday. Knowing his family, friends and loved one is watching, he felt good performing and connecting to the fans. Prior his concert yesterday, he saw numerous fan supports which made him even feel a lot more better. Because of the support everybody gives him, he was able to be strong enough to face the problem and finish the concert without feeling any disappointment.

 

His talk during the concert were more meaningful. He was able to express his heart to the fans who he cherished so dearly. He sang and danced well as planned and rehearsed. He prepared well for his concert and he showed his best because that’s what the fans deserve.

 

 

Seohyun teared while watching Yonghwa performed. She knew her boyfriend worked hard for the concert and almost gave up because of the issue came few days before the concert. The moments flashed back to her. The day when the scandal broke up to the time when she drove herself to FNC to fetch Yonghwa. She remembered the days and nights Yonghwa couldn’t get his sleep thinking why such is happening to him. She remembered how many meals did he skip because of the issue he got into. And looking and watching at him now made her realize that Yonghwa was indeed a strong person. He was able to overcome such negativities he initially experienced the past few days. She teared being proud of his boyfriend. He’s truly a professional performer. The love she have for Yonghwa got even bigger with how he handled the situation.

 

 

After the concert double encore, people started to exit the venue. Meanwhile, Seohyun led her parents to the way going to the backstage.

 

As they entered, a lot of staff were inside assisting Yonghwa. His family was already there waiting for him.

 

Seohyun and her parents then walked to Yonghwa’s family and the casual greetings started. The parents talked about Yonghwa’s concert and his recent issue. Seohyun’s parents expressed their support to Yonghwa.

 

“We’re always proud of Yonghwa. Some men wanted drugs, parties, and other related things. But your son wanted to pursue higher education in music to improve himself.” Seohyun’s mother told Yonghwa’s parents.

“When we heard about the news, we felt sad seeing how the media wrote the story. And people started commenting and judging him. We’re sad because we know Yonghwa. He won’t do anything that will harm others and himself. My daughter told us not to be sad, instead show support to Yonghwa. And so here we are. The show was truly amazing. He’s such a professional artist.” Seohyun’s father added.

“Omo. Thank you so much. Yonghwa consider you two as his second parents. And you two being here made him absolutely happy.” Yonghwa’s mother smiled while holding Seohyun’s mother’s hands.

“When are we going to start preparing for their wedding huh?” Yonghwa’s father initiated the lighter topic.

 

Seohyun was beside her father and started to blush upon hearing Yonghwa’s father.

 

“I’m just waiting for the two and I’ll take care of everything in Busan.” Yonghwa’s father continued.

“As much as I want it to happen now, the final say will be coming from our children. Actually, it should be initiated by Yonghwa. Haha.”

“Ei, Appa.” Seohyun hit her father.

“Hahahaha. Yeobo, your daughter will answer when Yonghwa pops the question.” Seohyun’s mother butted in.

“Seohyun will say Yes right?” Yonghwa’s mother replied.

“Hahaha! Omoni, Yongie should ask me first.” Seohyun shyly replied.

 

After just a few minutes, Yonghwa appeared to the parentals and greeted Seohyun’s parents with a hug.

 

“You did well today Yonghwa! Always, the best performer.” Seohyun’s father said after the hug.

“Kamsahamnida Apuji. Thank you for attending.” Yonghwa smiled and shook his hand. “Omoni. Kamsahamnida.” Yonghwa smiled and hugged Seohyun’s mother. “Thank you for always letting Joohyun be with me Omoni.”

“Hahahaha! This man. We’re here for you, huh?”

“Thanks Omoni.” Yonghwa smiled and looked at his own parents.

“Son, I was talking when will D-Day happen. Just tell me the date, I’ll fix everything in Busan.” Yonghwa’s father placed his arm around his son’s shoulder.

“Joohyun want to get married late.” Yonghwa winked at Seohyun.

“Hahahaha. Ohh. Just make sure you’ll able to give us a lot of children huh?” Seohyun’s father put his arm of her daughter’s shoulder.

“Ei, Appa. This is embarrassing.” Seohyun blushed and smiled to Yonghwa.

“Wae? You want to get married late. We just want to make sure we’ll have lots of grandchildren. Hahaha.” Seohyun’s father continued.

“I’m excited!” Yonghwa’s mother said.

“Me too!” Seohyun’s mother replied.

“I always ask Joohyun. But she kept on telling me she wants to get married late. What can I do?” Yonghwa said.

“It’s not that.” Seohyun glared at Yonghwa.

 

Yonghwa then walked to Seohyun.

 

“We’ll get there. Please don’t pressure us. Right?” Yonghwa smiled to Seohyun.

“De.” She smiled at Yonghwa and to the parentals.

 

Both of their parents continued talking. Seohyun then pulled Yonghwa to the side of the room while everyone was busy packing up and chitchatting.

 

“Sorry about my parents huh? They kept on telling you that. Sorry.” Yonghwa said while wiping his sweat with his hand.

“Kenchana. You’re sweating. Yah. Jung Yonghwa. How can you sing and dance that well, huh? I’m so so proud of you Babe. Yah. I’m so lucky I have a boyfriend like you.” Seohyun helped Yonghwa wiped his sweat with her hands.

“I kept on looking at your side. Saw me huh? Hahaha.”

“De. Look at how covered I am? Hahaha.”

“You should remove everything now.” Yonghwa removed Seohyun’s mask and scarf.

“You should change now. Come.”

“Wait. We should take a picture Babe.”

“Oh, de.”

 

Yonghwa and Seohyun took sweet selcas together. Seohyun held the fansign and light stick as Yonghwa took the photos of his girlfriend.

 

After which, Seohyun pulled Yonghwa to his fitting area and assisted him in changing his clothes and freshening himself. Yonghwa changed his clothes inside the rest room and went back quickly to Seohyun.

 

“Are you free tonight? I booked a simple dinner nearby.”

“Oh, jeongmal? De. I already told you I don’t have work.”

“We’ll eat well tonight Babe.”

“You should eat tonight. Look at you. You lost a lot of weight.”

“I’ll be better Babe. That’s a promise.”

“You’re better Babe. You’re better than anybody else. Always remember that.” Seohyun cupped Yonghwa’s face with her right hand.

“Ohh, gomawo. Without you, I don’t think I’ll survive. You’re the reason why I’m keeping on holding on.”

“Shh. Whatever you do, I’m always at your back. Okay?”

“De. Saranghae, Joohyuna.”

“Nado. Nado saranghae Jung Yonghwa.”

 

Yonghwa pecked Seohyun’s lips and hugged her.

 

“Hayyy. I always feel better when I’m with you.” Yonghwa said and kissed Seohyun’s head.

“I want to take away all the pain.”

“Kenchana. I won’t let that pain go to my heart. I won’t let you suffer pain.”

“Aigoo. We’re getting mushy again.” Seohyun broke the hug. “Your friends are waiting for you. We’ll go ahead Babe. We’ll follow at the restaurant.”

“Arasseo. Tell Jonghyun, Yoona, Hyukkie, Soojung and Jungshin to follow too.”

“Oh, I think they’re outside too.”

“Is that so? Ahh.”

 

Yonghwa called an FNC staff and ask him to let s in.

 

Shortly after, Jonghyun, Minhyuk, Jungshin, Krystal and Yoona came in. They greeted again Yonghwa and told him encouraging and congratulatory words.

 

“Oh, by the way, I organized a simple dinner nearby. Hmmm. I hope everyone will come.” Yonghwa said.

“Hyung, I’m just waiting for manager Hyung. I will go straight back to filming.” Jungshin replied.

“Ohh, is that so? Hyukkie? Soojungie?” Yonghwa looked at Krystal and Min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter