New Beginnings

YongSeo Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

October 9. Almost lunch when Yonghwa arrived at Gimpo airport from his wrap of his concert legs in Japan. As usual, he showed his kindness to the fans who waited for him at the airport. He received fan gifts and greeted everyone despite his exhaustion from his two-day concert.

 

 

Quickly, as soon as the van arrived, he stepped in and before leaving, he waved to the fans.

 

While on the road, he sent a message to Seohyun.

 

To: Babe~

Hyuna, I arrived. Shall we have lunch?

 

 

Seohyun then called him.

 

“Hyuna.”

“Yonghwa.”

“Hmm? Where are you?”

“We’re meeting today.”

“Oh, SM?”

“De.”

“Where are you? Shall I come with you?”

“Ani. Kenchana. Appa will join me.”

“Trust your decision Seo Joohyun. I’m here for you, okay?”

“Thank you, always Babe. Really. Thank you.”

“Kenchana. You can do it. Your father will not let you down, that’s for sure.”

“Thank you Babe.”

“Where are you? I want to see you now.”

“I’m already on my way to SM with Appa. Go home and get your rest. You must be tired. I’ll drop by after my meeting.”

“Okay. I’ll wait for you at home and tell me everything okay?”

“Yes Babe. Yah.”

“Hmm?”

“I just want to say congratulations again on your solo concert. Yah. I promised to watch one but I didn’t make it.”

“Eik. You forgot. Osaka.”

“Ahh. Hahaha. Ye. That date during your rehearsal. Ei, I should’ve watched even just one of your concerts.”

“Kenchana. That one in Osaka is enough. And besides, I would want my Baby to get enough sleep and rest.”

“I should attend your Japan Tour this November.”

“We’ll have a vacation right?”

“De. I promise I’ll do well with the meeting today. I’ll finish my drama well and spend the next days with you and with Ppo Ppo and with Omma and Appa.”

“Stay strong Joohyuna. Fighting!”

“Thank you Babe.”

“I always got your back okay? I love you, Seo Joohyun.”

“I love you too, Yonghwa-yah.”

 

They both hang up. Yonghwa went home and have his rest as his girlfriend says. He arranged his things from Japan, freshen himself and cooked his own lunch. After which, he stayed at the living room, watched TV and waited for Seohyun.

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun and her father arrived at SM and went into the meeting.

 

The meeting was held between Seohyun and SM top management. She decided not to renew her contract with the company anymore since most of the stipulations on the renewal contract are not coincide with what she wants for her career path. She really wanted to expose herself more with acting but at the same time not letting her singing and her theater on one side. It was a hard decision for her to make. She underwent series of meetings right after her group’s short-handed promotions in August. She also attended series of meeting with her entire members to talk about the future of their group. All were taken into consideration; her own career path, the group’s path and the fans.

 

The meeting lasted for the entire afternoon. With the help of her father, Seohyun was able to make her decision of not renewing her contract with SM Entertainment. The final negotiation went well. SM accepted and respected her decision not to renew together with Tiffany who first decided not to renew early September and then later Sooyoung.

 

She expressed her deep gratitude for the years she spent with SM. Together with her father, they acknowledged that without the help of SM over the years, Seohyun and her group wouldn’t be where they are now. One of the post discussion was about her going to a new agency. The members, and even SM themselves expressed that they both didn’t want to dissolve and disband the group. And so as the three members go on with the new agency, both parties would agree to have an agency-collaborative SNSD which, despite being with different agencies, the group would still be active and promote under one. All showed interest and the post discussion will go on as the three sign with their respective new agencies.

 

 

After the meeting, Seohyun and her father left SM. Seohyun then started talking to the SNSD group chat to inform them that she made her final decision.

 

Seohyun: My unnies, we’re done with the meeting! I made my decision. You know what my decision is.

Taeyeon: I’m proud of you Kim Seohyun! I’m always proud of you!

Tiffany: My baby is brave! I’m proud of you!

Yoona: Joohyuna! Eotteoke?!? L

Hyoyeon: Joohyuna, I’ve always been proud of you. You are our pride. Right girls?

Sunny: De! Go and chase for your dreams Seohyuna. We’re always here for you, no matter what.

Sooyoung: What about me?

Yuri: Hahahaha! Of course Sooyounga. We will always be SNSD!

Taeyeon: We are always one!

Tiffany: I always say, separate or not, we are SNSD!

Yoona: Why do I feel so sad right now?

Seohyun: Thank you so much my unnies! Gosh, I miss you all so much! Especially Fany unnie!

Yoona: I will visit you soon Unnie!

Taeyeon: Nado!

Seohyun: Me too!

Sooyoung: I miss all of you too!

 

The chat continued until Seohyun and her father arrived at a nearby flowershop.

 

“Appa, I’ll be quick okay?”

“Ohh. I’ll wait for you here.”

 

Seohyun stepped out of the car and walked inside the flowershop. She bought a small bouquet of flowers for Yonghwa and wrote a short note on the card. She stepped back to the car and they finally headed to Yonghwa’s home.

 

“Are you sleeping over?” Seohyun’s father asked.

“Aniyo Appa. I’ll ask Yonghwa to drive me home tonight.”

“Ahh. Arasseo. The coming days will be hard. Please endure my daughter.”

“De Appa. I can do this. I’m already one step done. Just some more, I’ll get to where I want to be.”

“We should sign to an agency where all your potentials would be highlighted.”

“De Appa. We’ll get to that agency, surely.”

“It will never be easy but it’s worth it.”

“De Appa.”

“Enjoy the rest of the day my daughter. Tomorrow is another day.”

“Kamsahamnida Appa. Thank you always.”

 

Just a few more minutes when they arrived at Yonghwa’s building. Seohyun stepped out of her father’s car carrying her bag and the small bouquet.

 

She walked quickly to the hallway as she was not wearing her mask; only a black cap. She immediately key in the passcode and entered the house.

 

As she entered, she saw Yonghwa sleeping on the couch while the TV’s still on.

 

“Oh, my baby’s really tired.” Seohyun walked to the living room and put off the TV. She then sat on the side where Yonghwa’s head was. She caressed his hair as she watch him sleep.

 

“I made it Yonghwa-yah. Finally. I made it.” Seohyun whispered as her tears started falling. As she watch her boyfriend, she remembered everything; all the memories she had from her training days to the struggles and success of her group; to her solo.

 

She spent minutes contemplating about what the future holds for her. A part of her is worried since SM has given her enough support whenever she has work; managers, security, stylists. She’s worried if she’ll be able to have the same in a different agency. A lot came to her mind. Thinking about going out of her comfort zone is easy. But being on the actual situation now, she realized it wasn’t easy. She watched Yonghwa to feel relief. He’s been her relief whenever she feels anxious about something. Yonghwa gives her the peace she always needs in times of issues like this. And Yonghwa never failed in giving Seohyun that peace.

 

For almost an hour, Seohyun spent her time watching Yonghwa and then answering to the SoShi group chat.

 

It was already 7 in the evening when Yonghwa woke up. As he opened his eyes, he felt Seohyun’s hand on his chest while her other hand using her phone.

 

“Joohyuna.” Yonghwa held her hand and looked to her while lying.

“Oh, Yonghwa. You’re awake now.” Seohyun smiled.

 

Yonghwa then got up and sat beside Seohyun, still holding her hand.

 

“Kenchana? Huh?”

“De. I’m okay. You slept well.” Seohyun cupped Yonghwa’s face and smiled.

“Really? Kenchana? Huh?” Yonghwa knew Seohyun’s not okay. Her eyes showed it.

“Yes. I’m okay. Ah. Ye. I bought flowers for y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter