Dreams Come True

YongSeo Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 21. D-Day for Seohyun's musical. She woke up the usual in the morning, 8am KST when she got a wake up call from Yonghwa who also just woke up from a deep sleep, 6pm NYT.

"Hmm. Joohyun-ah." Yonghwa with a deep voice. "Today is the day. Time to get up and prepare."

"Oh. Yongie. Hmm. Good morning." Still half of her senses were missing. "What time is it there?"

"Ah, 6pm? We're 14 hours behind. Good morning. I just woke up minutes ago. Yah, I fell asleep watching your video on repeat. You did well yesterday Babe!"

"Jeongmal? Thank you so much Babe. So you saw the kiss?" Seohyun found her senses and start going out not to disturb the still sleeping Hyoyeon.

"De. It was okay. So cute, so natural. You sang and acted well babe! I'm so proud of you. Now I want to see the whole show."

"Ohh. Thank you so much Yonghwa-yah. Really. Coming from you, yah. Gomawo." Seohyun feeling good hearing good words from her greedy and always jealous boyfriend. "Now I miss you more. You just left yesterday. Anyway, how's your flight?"

"I will always be your number one fan babe. I will always be that Yong standing behind you and looking after you. Ei, I'm missing you too Joohyun-ah. Yaah. It's so long. I got bored and so just what I wrote on the card yesterday, I slept, read a book, wrote a short poem, ate and just thought of you."

"Gomawo. Chincha gomawo. Hmm. You must be jet lagged. Have you eaten? Hmm dinner?"

"De. I feel dizzy and I feel like I'm floating. Hmm. Kenchana. I'm still not hungry. I ate a lot during lunch. You? What time will you be going?"

"Just rest tonight. No more games, no more spazzing okay? Ah. I'll be going after breakfast. But looks like everyone's still sleeping." Seohyun while roaming around the kitchen. And then she stopped at the dining area and saw a prepared breakfast for her. "Oh! They already left Yong." Seohyun saw a note beside the empty plate.

"Ye ye. Bo? Your unnies left?"

"Ani. It's Yoona unnie who left. Yah. Jessica unnie and Yoona unnie prepared breakfast for me."

"Jeongmal? Wah. Sica's really improving her cooking skills huh? Joohyun, bogo."

"Yeah. Eggs benedict, fried rice and some side dishes. What's your itinerary tonight?"

"Wow. Eat well babe. Hmm. Jungshin wants to stroll around but I told him we'll just do it later. We'll just eat dinner and rest."

"Ah. Don't go out. It's cold. Ah, Babe, Yoona unnie and Sica unnie wrote a letter to me. I'll read it for you.

'Joohyun-ah! Sica unnie and I prepared a special breakfast for you. All the best on your musical today. Yah, your unnie can't watch it today because of my filming. So proud of you maknae-yah! Saranghae! Yoona'

And here's from Sica unnie babe.

'Joohyunnie! Breakfast for you~ Jungie and I have a movie date later and I'll be staying at home tonight. Eat this well okay? You need energy. Fighting! Love, Sica'"

"Ooh. So they will not watch it tonight too?" Yonghwa asked while watching TV.

"De. They will watch it next week. So what about you?" Seohyun started eating the prepared breakfast.

"Ah. I'll watch it the week after next week, when we finish the tour right?"

"De de. What time's your concert tomorrow?"

"It's 8pm NYT. 10am tomorrow there."

"Ahh. I can't believe we both make our dream come true. Me, with musical, and you, conquering New York. 'In New York~' haha!"

"Haha. I realized that too babe. I'm excited to perform for our fans here. They've been waiting for us."

"Yeah. Show them what CNBLUE is about. And I'm sure they'll enjoy the concert. You're the best band in the whole universe remember?"

"Haha. I know right. Now I have to practice my English. Haha. Minhyuk's listening to the recorded lessons of Krystal. Yaah. He's so cute. Imitating Krystal. Haha."

"Chincha? I can imagine. Like Sica unnie. (In english) N.O.W. Right now!"

"Haha. De. Anyway, babe. I have to go now. Eat well, get ready and prepare! I'll try to call after your musical okay? Congratulations babe!"

"Ahh. Okay okay my cupcake. Rest after dinner and sleep okay? I'll call you."

"Okay babe. Seo Joohyun fighting!"

"Jung Yonghwa, CNBLUE fighting! Saranghae my cupcake!"

"Oh, nado. Saranghae! I miss you!"

"I miss you too. Hmm. Bye bye!"

"Bye babe!"

 

And both hanged up. Seohyun enjoyed her breakfast and get ready for her manager to pick her up.

 

She's really excited because finally, today is the start of the many days that she will showcase her talent in a musical. She was picked by her manager and went to the venue to prepare for a big day.

 

Her unnies can't attend today because of conflicting schedules. Yoona has her filming as well as Tiffany, Jessica has a scheduled family bonding, Taeyeon, Yuri and Sunny went to SM and Hyoyeon and Sooyoung spend the day with their respective loveones.

 

The whole day she's been getting messages of good luck and congratulations from her friends, collegues and relatives.

 

While in SM, Taeyeon, Sunny and Yuri ordered a special gift for Seohyun. Instead of sending a flower wreath or a rice wreath, the three decided to send her a Tree. The personally wrote the message and instructed their managers to send it to the venue.

Generation of hope. Our precious maknae jyana you must watch it jyana

Irreversible destiny... thats right.. maknae on top~

SNSD, the 8 fools  from embracing the musical 'bud' Seo Joohyun

 

As she knew there's a gift from her unnies, she asked the SM staff to move it to another place and secure the gift. She messaged her unnies from their group chat.

My sisters! Yah, you all woke up late and two of you stepped out too early. Gomawoyo unnie-deul! Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart! Thank you for that tree! Puhaha! See you tomorrow! Saranghaeyo!

 

Late in the afternoon, the fans started to arrive at the venue including her friends from the university, her cousins, friends and then her parents.

Above all, Seohyun's parents are the most proud. Another dream of their child have been realized. They went backstage to greet their daughter and the whole staff.

 

"Seohyun, Omma and Appa." Seohyun's manager said while she's vocalizing.

"Oh! De." Seohyun walked to her parents and gave them hug. "Oh, gomawoyo Omma, Appa."

"Ye ye. Have fun my daughter and conquer the stage." Seohyun's father said while patting Seohyun's shoulder while carrying coffee with his left hand.

"Joohyun-ah, I'm so proud of you." Seohyun's mother said and broke the hug. "You're so pretty. Good luck my daughter. We're with your friends and relatives."

"Jeongmalyo? Ahh. Kamsahamnida Omma, Appa. We'll attend and after party later okay? Manager oppa will assist you Omma, Appa. Then I'll stay home tonight. Hehe."

"Ah. Okay okay my daughter. Ara, we have to go. It will start soon. Good luck again Joohyun-ah. We're proud of you." Seohyun's father said.

 

And then they greeted some more casts and finally went back to their seats.

 

Minutes before the start of the show, Seohyun prayed for tonight's success and for Yonghwa's success with their concert in New York. She prayed to say thank you for all the blessings she's been receiving and asked for guidance and strength. And then she asked her co-casts and everyone at the backstage to pray too.

 

And then finally, the show started. Seohyun performed and showed what she prepared for almost months of training and practice. She conquered the whole theater and just feel what it's like to perform - sing live, dance and act all at the same time. In her mind, she only thought of being the Seo Yeonwoo, nothing more, nothing less.

As the curtain drops down, she felt happy, fulfilled and grateful because it all went well. Deep inside, she's moved by the support her loveones showed and also with all the people who attended.

 

As they went back to the backstage, everyone gathered and prayed again for a successful show. After, everyone started to change clothes for the after party dinner.

 

One FNC staff entered backstage and handed to an SM a basket full of assorted flowers including blue colored ones with a card inside.

Just in time when Seohyun's ready to leave the venue, the SM staff handed the flowers to Seohyun.

"Seohyun-sshi, from FNC."

"Oh? Jeongmalyo? Kamsahamnida!" Seohyun accepted the flowers and read the card immediaty knowing that it might be from Yonghwa.

 

D-2

D-DAY: Seo Joohyun's dream come true (Everybody dreams come true, la la la~)

Good morning from New York! It's me. We're now rehearsing and preparing for the concert. Haha. (I hope Hyung gave to you just right in time) I know, a lot more beautiful flowers are there right now and mine looks simple and common, but these flowers came from a man who feels so proud knowing that his girl once again achieved a milestone not only in her career but in her life. These are from a man who wants to tell the world how proud he is to have such an amazing woman, his lovelight. Congratulations my cupcake! I love you so much!

-JYH

 

Seohyun hide her tears and just placed the card inside her bag. And then her manager called her to go now and tried to get the basket.

"Seohyun, let's go. Give me that so we can go now." Seohyun's manager said while trying to get the flowers.

"Andweyo Oppa. I'll just carry this with my bag." Seohyun answered as she wiped her watery eyes.

"Wae? Are you gonna be okay?"

"De Oppa. This basket is special." Seohyun smiled and started walkibg out of the dressing room.

 

Seohyun, with her white coat and curly hair, went out of the dressing room, walked with her bag and basket and greeted the fans. She stopped by some of them to sign some brochures and then get going to have dinner with the whole casts and to spend the rest of the day with her parents.

 

Seohyun arrived at a private restaurant at 11:15pm, first before her parents. She waited for them and greeted everyone inside the place. While in the table with her manager, she started reading more messages from her phone coming from her friends; SM, nonSM, college friends and relatives. But she can't concentrate because Yonghwa's running on her mind. Now, it's her time to cheer for Yonghwa. She's really touched by how Yonghwa supported her. She sent a message while waiting for her parents.

To: My cupcake~

Yong! I made it! Thank you. Thank you again for the flowers! Those simple and common flowers made my eyes watery and made my heart explode. It's already almost 9:30 in the morning there right? Keep warm, I read the weather's not that good. Wait for my call huh? I'm waiting for Omma and Appa. We're here at the after-party. I'll just eat.

 

Yonghwa replied upon reading her message. He just finished his breakfast and watching the weather condition outside from his window.

To: My cupcake~

I'll wait for your call Joohyun-ah. I need you.

 

Seohyun upon reading Yonghwa's reply knew that he's not okay. Her parents arrives and she welcomed them. They ate together and talked about the musical. They also talked about her future activities and about Yonghwa. While eating,

"Ah. Joohyun-ah, how's Yongie?" Seohyun's father asked her after talking to Seohyun's manager.

"Ah, he's okay Appa. I need to call him after the party. He needs me Appa."

"Wae? You're fighting?"

"Aniyo. It's just that. We're okay Appa. Don't worry."

"Ahh. Okay. Wah, CNBLUE's amazing. They're having a show in New York! Yah, that's my man!" Seohyun's father said and turned to Seohyun's manager and some other SM staff.

"Ai! Appa! Jeongmal."

"Wae? I'm just proud too of my man. Like you, my daughter. I'm so proud of you. More than anybody else here. Me and your Omma. You're Omma cried a while ago."

"Yah! Appa. Ai! Jeongmal!" Seohyun's mother butted in and stared at Seohyun with a watery eye.

"Ohh. Omma, gomawoyo." Seohyun placed her chopsticks and hugged her mother.

"Ei, I'm just so proud my daughter."

"I will always make you proud Omma, Appa."

And they continued eating and chatting with the other casts for the next hour.

 

Seohyun and her family left the restaurant at 12:45am and went home with her manager.

She carried the basket of flowers and brought home while her manager with her Appa carried the tree from her unnies and some other flowers from her friends.

 

As she reached home, she said her good nights and love for her parents and for her manager Oppa.

"Oh, Joohyun-ah. Me and Appa will rest now. You too. I know you're tired. I'll arrange your things tomorrow okay?" Seohyun's mother said. "We'll eat breakfast together okay? 7am?"

"Yes Omma. I'll just change and call Yonghwa."

"Okay okay. Get some sleep my daughter."

 

Both Seohyun's mother and father went in their room and rest. Seohyun too, removed her make up, freshen up and changed clothes.

 

She called Yonghwa 1:05am, 11:05am New York time. Yonghwa answered his phone immediately. He stood up from the couch and stayed in front of the window looking outside.

"Hyun." Yonghwa said with a low voice.

"Ooh. My cupcake. Wae? You're not okay? I'm worried."

"Yah. Kenchana. Congratulations huh? You did it. I'm so proud of you babe."

"Gomawo. Thank you so much baby. Yah, how are you?"

"Ye. I'm good. But the weather's not that good. I'm worried for the fans waiting outside the venue."

"Ooh. Can they not enter the venue? Babe, I read there's a snow storm and it's really freezing."

"The gates will open later this afternoon. Yeah. I hope they're okay. Now I feel so worried for them. They waited for us."

"The concert will not be cancelled right?"

"De. We'll go after lunch to rehearse and get ready."

"Hmm. I want to give you my warmest backhug. Tsk. Kenchana. No one knew that the weather will be that bad. Let them feel warm with your performance Baby."

"Yeah. Bogoshipda Seohyun-ah."

"Nado. Yong, cheer up okay? Pray."

"De. I pray that boices attending today will not get sick and will enjoy the concert and arrive home safe and sound."

"I'll pray that too before going to sleep. Cheer up okay? You're about to fulfill your dream too right? I'll check on the updates in my SNS tomorrow."

"De. I feel better now. Gomawo Joohyun-ah." Yonghwa still with a low energy voice.

"Ei, you still sounds sad. Don't be sad babe. It's your moment. I conquered my stage. It's your time to conquer the city of New York. Despite the bad weather, they all came to see you. Let them feel the heat!"

"De Joohyun-ah. Really. I feel better now. Gomawo."

"Hmm. Say 'Howoh!'" Seohyun said with so much energy.

"Howoh!" Yonghwa smiled and holding back his laugh.

"Say 'New York!'"

"New York!"

"Say 'Let's Go!'"

"Let's Go!"

"Say 'Yong, Yong!'"

"Yong, Yong!"

"Say 'Fighting!'"

"Fighting!"

"That's the spirit cupcake! Feeling better?"

"De! Haha. From the Queen Seo Yeonwoo. Yah, my rapping Seo Joohyun. Gomawo!"

"Haha! That's my boy. So what else do you want me to do to make you feel the best?"

"Aniya. I'm really okay now. Really. You don't have to anything."

"You want me to sing? Okay. What song babe? Come on. Tell me? I'm still wide awake."

"Hmm. Okay babe. The line is yours. Go and sing any English song."

Seohyun started singing Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson. Yonghwa smiled as he listens to that sweet, soft voice. Seohyun sang the first verse until chorus.

Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down
I'd just stare out my window
Dreaming of what could be
And if I'd end up happy
I would pray (I would pray)

Trying hard to reach out
But when I tried to speak out
Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here
So I prayed I could break away

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I love
I'll take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway

"Yongie saranghae!" Seohyun said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter