A Picture of Us

YongSeo Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

October 10. 4:30 in the afternoon Paris time when he was on break while filming his drama. He had his Americano and sat on his seat while waiting for the next sequence. He then started checking his messages and call history. He answered some and kept unread some. He then checked his SNS and saw mentions from fans of Seohyun’s photo with her co-star Nam Joohyuk.

 

He then opened Seohyun’s SNS and saw her post just a few minutes ago.

@seojuhyun_s#BaekahAndWoohee
#WooAh
#MoonLoversScarletHeartRyo 
A photo with Juhyukie from the press conference~📸
Sleep well 💕

 

“What is she trying to do now?” Yonghwa thought. Just moments after, he dialed Seohyun’s number.

 

It was 11:30 in the evening when Seohyun’s phone rang. She checked it and saw it was Yonghwa.

 

“I knew it. He will call. Cham.”

 

“I knew it.” Seohyun coldly answered.

“We just talked yesterday. Seo Joohyun. Wae?”

“Just because.”

“Yah! Wae?!” Yonghwa raised his voice. He noticed he caught the attention of some staff and so he stood up from his seat and walked to a distant place, meters from the set.

“Why are you shouting at me?”

“You think it’s okay with me huh?” Yonghwa was trying to control his temper.

“You’re shouting because of that photo?”

“Why are you posting that photo? Huh?”

“I’m just getting the attention of everyone. And you. Your attention.”

“Bo?! Attention?! Joohyuna! This is so not you!” Yonghwa was annoyed. He exploded like a volcano.

“Please don’t shout Yonghwa-yah.”

“How will I not shout? You’re acting like a child again! You know I will be mad if I’ll see you and your co-star’s photo. How can you be that insensitive huh?!”

“You’re calling me insensitive? Yah! Yonghwa-yah! I kept on posting my photo every Monday and Tuesday. It was for the drama. It was for the fans as a show of gratitude. You know that. You should know and not acting like that. You’re shouting like I can’t even hear you! Yah! Just because you’re in Paris doesn’t mean I can’t hear you.”

“Really huh? Yah. I’m really offended. I’m offended with what you just did!”

“What’s wrong with you?!” Seohyun started to shout at Yonghwa too.

“You!” Yonghwa replied.

“Cham! This is non sense Jung Yonghwa. This really is non sense!”

“Ye! Your post is non sense!”

“Yah! Jung Yonghwa! Can’t you even just calm down?!”

“How will I calm down? Huh?”

“It was just a photo for everyone’s sake!”

“Ah yea? Just a photo huh? Alright. This is what you want.”

“Yah. Yonghwa! I’m not looking for something here. I was really just posting a photo for the drama. Nothing else!”

“If you’re teasing me Joohyuna. Please not now. Not like that! Because I’m really jealous. Okay. I’m jealous!”

“Heol! Wae?! Yonghwa! Please let’s not make a fuss over this photo!”

“Tell me you’ll delete the photo. Now Seo Joohyun.”

“You know I can’t do that.”

“Wae?”

“I can’t. People will get more curious.”

“You know I’m far and not there that’s why it’s easy for you to tease me. It’s easy for you to get my attention. Wae Seohyuna? You think I’m just having a vacation here huh!”

“You really won’t concede and listen to me?! Huh? Jung Yonghwa?!”

“Ani. This time. I won’t. I’m upset Joohyuna. I really am so disappointed.”

 

And then Yonghwa hang up. He breathe deeply to release his anger for a couple of seconds until he returned to the set.

 

“Oh. Kenchana?” Yonghwa’s senior co-star asked.

“Oh. De Hyung. Kenchanayo.”

“You seemed upset. Why? Is that with the call?”

“Just a little problem.”

“Ahh. Yeoja Chingu?”

“Eh?”

“Aigoo. Jung Yonghwa. Stop hiding.”

“Haha. Hyung. Kenchanayo. Hmm. Hyung, could you please take me a photo?”

“Sure. Where?”

“Hmm.” Yonghwa looked around the place. “There. Behind the wall.”

 

And then Yonghwa and Park Yoon walked on the side of the street where they’re filming.

 

“Take half of my body Hyung.” Yonghwa handed his phone.

“Oh. De.”

 

And then the two had a mini pictorial while on break. Three minutes after, they walked back to the set and continued talking.

 

“Ahh. So you’ll post a photo?”

“Hmm. Ye.”

“Tell me everything after the filming huh?”

“Huh?”

“Your problem. With your girlfriend.”

“Ah. Hyung. Kenchana. We’ll fix it.”

“You should have at least me to talk about the issue. Let’s have a couple of rounds tonight. My treat.”

“Oh. Hyung. Kamsahamnida.”

 

Yonghwa then started editing his photos and choosing which one will he upload.

 

 

Seohyun reached her peak. After Yonghwa hang his phone, Seohyun got mad of how Yonghwa talked to her. She didn’t understand why did he get mad at her post. She has no intentions of teasing him. It was purely for promotion of the drama and for the fans.

 

Instead of calling him back, she didn’t. She sent him a message and put her two phones on silent mode.

 

To: Baby~

And you just left me like that?! You know what? I don’t know what’s the matter with you. I can’t even stand you anymore. If you don’t like to see my posts, block me! Do not browse! Do not check on me! I’m sick and tired of all your issues Yonghwa-yah! Just talk to me again when you’re tone is already low and when you can take every photo that I have with my co-workers! I’m really really mad right now! I hate it! I really really hate it Yongie-yah!

 

 

Yonghwa got her message. After reading, he finished his editing. Almost 45 minutes after Seohyun posted on her SNS, Yonghwa uploaded a photo of him on his SNS.

@jyheffect0622 Photo by 윤박

 

Thereafter, he replied to Seohyun.

 

To: Babe~

Just tell me that you hate me!!! Yah. I’m also mad. Ani. I’m upset. You don’t know what I’m feeling right now Joohyuna. You don’t know what I have to endure… I shouldn’t be saying this.

 

And then Yonghwa put his phone on silent too.

 

Both were on hype with their feelings. Yonghwa was experiencing a lot of stress lately because of work and because of him being away from his loved ones. He was still worried with his family back in Busan though he already contacted them and that his entire family was safe. Though it was only a week from the time he got home to see his family and his girlfriend, he’s frustrated because of the short amount of time he spent with them. All he wanted right now is to work harder and finish his work as scheduled. He was in constant communication with Seohyun. Their relationship, though he was far away was steady. Seohyun always call Yonghwa at lunch and before she goes to sleep. But what just happened was different. The post Seohyun made triggered Yonghwa’s stress and lack of sleep. And so his temper easily rose and everything happened that fast.

 

He was supportive of Seohyun. In every work that she does, he always watches. Even her musical filled with intimate scenes. And so Seohyun was confused when she heard Yonghwa complained with her SNS post. He never got to his temper that much just because of a SNS post. And so she was really mad and disappointed on him.

 

Everything fired back when Yonghwa saw Nam Joohyun’s photo and Seohyun. They were not wearing a hanbok. It was a photo taken at the backstage of the presscon. He was jealous. He wished it was their photo she can upload on her SNS. He felt frustrated. He thought everything’s okay already about them living secretly. He thought it’s fine. But there were times especially with his situation were all he got to do was to cling on his loved ones. He was helpless.

 

And so both of them ignored each other though they both knew the issue is not yet done. Yonghwa continued using his phone and trying to hide and ignore his feelings though he kept on receiving mentions from fans. Seohyun too, browsed her phone and ignored Yonghwa until some fans started mentioning her on his post. She opened it and saw his photo.

 

“Yah! So this is what he looks like now. He’s really mad. Hmm. He looked so tired and sleepless.” Seohyun had her thoughts while looking at his photo. She took a screen capture and then looked at his photo while continuing her thoughts.

 

“What is he doing to me? As if I made a big mistake. As if I killed someone. What’s wrong with you Yonghwa? We talked yesterday and you seemed okay. We’re happy talking about music, our future plans, our works, everything. And then you suddenly called because of my SNS? Wae? Is there something bothering you right now? Are you stressed? Do you miss me that much? Huh? Do you really want to win this fight? Aigoo. You’re hurting me just to win this over. And you’re hurting yourself too. How can I tolerate that, huh? There must be a problem. And you’re not telling me. That’s why I’m mad. I’m upset too.”

 

And her tears, unknowingly started to flow from her eyes. She was still on the living room watching TV but her thoughts are with Yonghwa. It was the first time they had a big fight since Yonghwa left the past week.

 

Yonghwa then resumed his filming. He tried to forget what just happened. The filming ended almost 7 in the evening. Thereafter, Yonghwa and the rest of the cast and crew had dinner on a restaurant nearby and headed back to the hotel.

 

It was almost 9 in the evening when Park Yoon and Yonghwa went to the bar at the hotel and had some drinks. They conversed about their experiences filming and their personal concerns.

 

“Yah. You told me you’re having a problem with your girlfriend. Wae? Something happened? What’s that?”

“It’s just a misunderstanding. I don’t know. Maybe she was just playing with me? I don’t know. Right now, I just feel so frustrated.”

“Frustrated with what? Yah. You got a good career, a happy family and a beautiful girlfriend. Your life is almost stable now.”

“I don’t know Hyung. Sometimes, I just feel like I want to have a break with everything. I don’t know. Maybe I just miss home. I miss my family and I miss my girlfriend so much.”

“It must have been a very smooth sailing relationship.”

“We’re also like normal couples Hyung. We fight over petty things. Like this.”

“Precisely my point. It’s normal to fight over something, be it very trivial or not. But at the end of the day, each other must face that issue and talk it over.”

“Sometimes, it’s hard Hyung. Because we’re both hurting each other.”

“Aigoo. Most relationship fail because no one wants to concede, because of pride.”

“I’ll get over this Hyung. I’ll be better.”

“Talk to her huh? And don’t break up with her.”

“Ye Hyung. Kamsahamnida. We should drink to that.”

 

And then the two had their shot.

 

They stayed at the bar until 12 midnight. Yonghwa had enough and got drunk. He was assisted by Park Yoon to his room and left immediately.

 

Yonghwa walked to his bed and lied. He grabbed his phone from his pocket. He looked at Seohyun’s SNS and had his thoughts while looking at their photo. He had his thoughts while the alcohol he drank was around his mind and body.

 

“Seo Joohyun. Joohyuna. You just hit me below the belt without you knowing. I thought I’ll be okay with this. I promised I’ll be okay with this. I’m sorry Joohyuna. I’m being unfair to you. Please endure. Please have patience with me. I’m sorry for feeling this way. It’s different. Seeing this photo. Yah. I wish someday you’ll be able to post a photo of us too. I wish I can post a sweet photo of us on my SNS too. Miane. Miane Joohyuna.” Yonghwa cried as he closed his eyes. He cried because they hurted each other. He cried because he wanted to release everything that keeps on bothering him.

 

 

 

October 11. Seohyun woke up a little bit late than her usual. She got up from bed almost 8 in the morning after sleeping almost two in the morning thinking about Yonghwa. She had her morning coffee and browsed the internet with her ipad. Seohyun’s mother came out from their room when she saw her daughter.

 

“Good morning my daughter. I thought you don’t have work today?” Seohyun’s mother backhugged her daughter.

“Good morning Mom! De. I’m off to rehearsals before lunch.”

“Is that so? Hmm. Why you’re up a little late?”

“I didn’t get my sleep last night Mom.”

“Oh? Wae?”

“Just because.”

“No more hiding Joohyuna. I heard you yelling last night. Wae? Was it Yonghwa?”

“Omma.”

“No more hiding Joohyuna. Should we talk it over? Should I take my morning off?”

“Ei, Omma. I’m totally fine. We’ll fix this. I promise.”

“Hmm.” Seohyun’s mother sat on the dining area and joined her daughter. “You’re having your coffee? Why don’t you eat? I prepared your breakfast.”

“Kenchanayo Omma. I’ll eat before I leave.”

“Ye. What happened huh?”

“I don’t know Omma. I don’t know what’s happening to him. He’s too sensitive.”

“Why?”

“I posted a photo of me and Nam Joohyuk on my SNS. The photo we took at the press conference of the drama. Yongie didn’t like it Omma.”

“What are your intentions?”

“I posted the photo for the fans. They’ve been loving my character with Nam Joohyuk. I just want to post it really for the fans.”

“When you posted it, have you ever think of Yonghwa?”

“Aniyo Omma. Because I know he will understand. It’s work.”

“Really?”

“Ye Omma. We kept on arguing about this.”

“That’s the point. You kept on arguing about this but you kept on doing it all over again.”

“Ei, Omma. Are you taking his side?”

“Haha. My daughter. I’m not taking any side. In times where you are away of each other, limit your fights. Yeah. He’s getting sensitive because he long for home. He wanted to be home. But because he wanted to pursue his career, he’s sacrificing even his personal happiness. What he needs now is your support and understanding.”

“Aigoo. Omma. Now you’re making me feel guilty. I should’ve just posted a photo of me and IU then. Or me and Baekhyuna.”

“Hahaha. My daughter. Kenchana. You don’t have to feel guilty. What matters now is to make up with Yonghwa. Especially now. He must be upset and sad.”

“I know Omma. Haish. Yonghwa. He’s still sleeping maybe.”

“Ohh. Eat your breakfast. I’m leaving.”

“Kamsahamnida Omma.”

“Ye. Stay strong for your rehearsals today. I’ll see you tonight.”

“De omma. Take care.”

“Ye.”

 

And then Seohyun’s mother left her daughter and stepped out of the house for work.

 

Seohyun continued browsing the internet for news and some articles until 30 minutes passed and she then remembered Yonghwa.

 

“Are you still sleeping? I’m sorry Jung Yonghwa. Miane.” Seohyun sighed while looking at her wallpaper. It was her photo with Yonghwa. “Mom is right. I should’ve considered your feelings. Not just because you’ve been understanding about work. But I should’ve considered your feelings being my boyfriend. Cham. My greedy boyfriend. As always and forever you will be. Aihoo. I miss you more now Jung Yonghwa. I hope you’re doing fine now.”

 

She then walked to her room and prepared for her work.

 

 

Jonghyun meanwhile was driving himself en route to Yoona’s filming. She has been filming since yesterday and still hasn’t go home. Jonghyun earlier contacted Yoona’s manager and decided to pay her a visit to give her support. He bought fruits he earlier peeled for her. He also made kimbap for her.

 

He arrived almost 10 in the morning. He stepped out of the car carrying a piece of rose, a lunch box and a paper bag. He was wearing his mask, white shirt, denim jacket, ripped jeans and favorite sandal.

 

As he arrived at the set, he saw Yoona seated on her waiting area, reading her script. He was then welcomed by a staff.

 

“Excuse me. Are you from the delivery service?”

“Ah. Ye. This is for Yoona-sshi.”

“Shall I hand it to her?”

“Aniyo. The person giving this wanted me to hand this over to Yoona-sshi herself.”

“Should I accompany you then?”

“De.”

 

Jonghyun then was accompanied  by the staff to Yoona.

 

“Yoona-sshi. Excuse me. You have a delivery.”

“Oh? Really?” Yoona was shocked to see a familiar man behind the staff. “Ahh. Kamsahamnida Oppa.” Yoona, while seated, bowed to the staff. “I’ll take care of this.”

“Arasseoyo.” The staff bowed and left Jonghyun to Yoona.

“Kamsahamnida.” Jonghyun bowed to the staff as he left.

 

“You came.” Yoona said as she was looking at the man standing in front of him.

“Surprised?” Jonghyun, still not removing his cap and mask.

 

Yoona smiled and just nodded.

 

“I missed you so much, Im Yoona.”

“Nado.” Yoona’s eyes got watery. She then stood up and gave a hug to Jonghyun.

 

The people around Yoona’s waiting area got shocked. After the hug, Yoona removed Jonghyun’s mask and cupped his face.

 

“I missed you, Lee Jonghyun.” Yoona said. Jonghyun smiled and handed to her the rose he’s holding.

 

“As beautiful as you.” Jonghyun said.

“Gomawo.” Yoona smiled and smelled the rose.

“Oh. They are watching us.” Jonghyun looked around.

“Oh?” Yoona looked around and saw some staff and co-stars looking at them. “Should I introduce you?”

“Kenchana.”

 

And then Yoona introduced Jonghyun to the director.

 

“Director, I’d like you to meet Lee Jonghyun, my boyfriend, from Busan.”

“Oh. Lee Jonghyun. I know him. So he’s your boyfriend huh. CNBLUE! I love your music. Really.”

“Annyeonghasseyo. Kamsahamnida.” Jonghyun bowed to the director.

“Nice to meet you.” They shook hands.

 

After some more talkings, Yoona introduced Jonghyun to her co-stars; Song Yoona and Ji Chang Wook.

 

“Unnie, Oppa. Lee Jonghyun, my boyfriend.” Yoona’s a little bit awkward.

“Annyeonghasseyo, Lee Jonghyun imnida.” Jonghyun bowed.

“Finally. Ji Chang Wook.” Chang Wook offered a shake hands and Jonghyun accepted it.

“Song Yoona.” Jonghyun then moved his hand to Song Yoona.

“Nice to meet you sunbaenim. Thank you for taking good care of Im Yoona well.” Jonghyun bowed to Song Yoona.

“He’s shy.” Yoona smiled at Jonghyun.

“Kenchanayo. It’s good that you visited Yoona-sshi here.” Ji Chang Wook said.

“De sunbaenim. Since I have my day off, I’ll spent it with her.” Jonghyun, feeling a little bit uncomfortable with Ji Chang Wook.

“Of course.” Chang Wook replied.

 

They talked for a while until Yoona introduced him to the rest of the staff around her area. Thereafter, the couple stayed on Yoona’s waiting area.

 

“You’ve got a lot of crew here.” Jonghyun, looking around.

“Ohh. De. Since we got two episodes per week, we need to film and edit everything on time. Hmm. What did you bring?”

“Ye. I brought fruits for you and kimbap I made this morning. I also bought energy drinks for the everyone.”

“Jeongmal? Wah! The food is just on time. I’m hungry.”

“Haha. I knew you would love this.”

“Of course. Especially because you made it yourself.”

“Ohh.” Jonghyun served the containers and together, they started eating and started catching up.

 

“Jongie-yah. You kept your promise.” Yoona said.

“Of course. You’re busy, I’m free. I’ll adjust.”

“Hmm! I haven’t sleep but I’m really awake and energized because you’re here. Gomawo.”

“I miss my girlfriend too. And I want to meet Ji Chang Wook sunbae.”

“Aww. My jealous boyfriend. It’s purely work. You don’t have to worry.”

“Did I act well?”

“Hahah. I knew it! Aigoo!” Yoona pinched Jonghyun’s face.

“Hahaha! You’ve worked hard Love. I watched last weeks episode and you nailed it. Really. My actress Im Yoona. I’m so proud that you’re my girlfriend. I’m proud of you.”

“Thank you Love. Thank you for your love and for your support. You give me energy and you inspire me everyday.”

“I love you.”

“I love you.”

 

The two smiled at each other and continued eating.

 

 

Seohyun, after dressing up and packing her stuff, ate breakfast. She then was picked up by her manager and headed to SM for her rehearsals. While on her way, inside the van, she checked her phone and remembered Yonghwa again.

 

“It’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter