Happy Birthday, Yong!

YongSeo Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June 22. It’s Yonghwa’s 30th birthday. Early in the morning when she arrived at Yonghwa’s home in Busan straight from her filming. She was welcomed by Yonghwa’s mother.

 

“Oh, Seohyuna. You arrived early. It’s just 3 in the morning.” Yonghwa’s mother helped Seohyun with her things.

“Good morning Omma. Sorry, it’s still early. Our filming packed up earlier than scheduled so I asked my manager to send me here.”

“You must be tired. Have you eaten? I’ll start cooking.” Yonghwa’s mother welcomed Seohyun to the living room.

“Kenchanayo Omma. I ate at the filming. I’ll help you with the foods.”

“Are you sure? You should get rest. You haven’t sleep.”

“I’m okay Omma. I’ll help. What shall we cook for Yongie?”

“Ahhh. I bought beef, ingredients for spaghetti and fish. Shall we prepare his kimbab and his sandwich too?”

“Okay Omma. I’ll do the kimbab and sandwiches. Ah, Omma. Fruits.”

“De. I also bought apples. Make it apple chips.”

“Hahahah. De Omma.”

 

Seohyun put her things on the couch and immediately followed Yonghwa’s mother at the kitchen. They started preparing in the kitchen as they chitchat.

 

“You’ve been filming here in Busan and in Seoul. And you lost a lot of weight. Are you still doing okay?” Yonghwa’s mother showed concern about Seohyun’s drastic weight loss.

“We’ll air in just a few more weeks Omma. The producers don’t want the drama to compromise its quality just to air on-time and so we’re all really working hard here in Busan and in Seoul to film everything well.”

“I’ll definitely look forward to your drama. It’s with MBC right?”

“De Omma. And in fairness to them, they’ve been good to me since then.”

“That’s what Yonghwa’s telling too.”

“Omma, Yongie must be telling you that I seldom visit him in the army base and that I seldom call him.”

“He understands.”

“Omma, mianeyo. Jeongmal mianeyo.”

“Shhh. Kenchana. Don’t tell me that. You two should talk later.”

“De Omma. I feel so guilty. When he told me he’s in Seoul and wants to have a cup of coffee with me a few weeks ago, I refused and didn’t see him. Since then, he’s been acting so cold to me despite me reaching out to him.”

“Just explain yourself to him. I know he’ll understand.”

“Until now Omma, I feel so guilty. I’m in MBC that time and about to go home. But I chose to go home and have my rest than see him, which I think made him feel like I don’t want to see him. I’ve been video-calling him but he’s rejecting my calls. Mianeyo Omma.”

“Kenchana Seohyuna. Tell him everything later.”

 

They continued talking until they finished cooking and preparing everything for a lunch with Yonghwa inside the army base. Seohyun then freshen herself and prepare for the 5-hour drive from Busan to Hwacheon.

 

Exactly 5 in the morning when Seohyun, Yonghwa’s mother, Yonghwa’s brother, and Yonghwa’s aunt met and left.

 

Inside the car, they talked casually about Yonghwa, Seohyun’s activities, and their engagement.

 

“Omma, why is Apuji not with us today?” Seohyun asked.

“Ah, he’s on a business trip in Japan since yesterday. And so he visited Yonghwa before going to Japan.” Yonghwa’s mother replied.

“Ahh. I see.”

“Do you have schedule today? We’re planning to visit Yongie’s exhibit after.” Yonghwa’s brother asked Seohyun.

“I don’t have schedule today. We’ll resume filming tomorrow in Ilsan.”

“That’s good to hear.” Yonghwa’s brother said.

“It’s nice to be with Immo too, today. It’s been a while. I’m glad he’ll see Yonghwa too.” Seohyun smiled and held the hand of Yonghwa’s aunt at the backseat.

“I’m happy to see you too Seohyun-sshi. Now that I knew you’re filming in Busan, I think you should visit me at home some other time, right?”

“Hahaha, if Omoni will allow me. Hahaha. She’s possessive of me.” Seohyun joked.

“Unnie, I’ll just tell you if Seohyun will stay at home, so you can visit too.” Yonghwa’s mother replied.

“She’s really possessive of you. Hahaha.” Yonghwa’s aunt laughed with Seohyun.

“I’ve been really wanting to have a daughter. And I’m so happy Seohyun came into Yonghwa’s life and changed everything about him.”

“Ei, Omma. Aniyo. Whoever Yonghwa is now, it’s because of him.”

“I’m really thrilled you’re the first girl my sons ever introduced.”

“Omma, my girlfriend is fine right?” Yonghwa’s brother butted in.

“Hahahah. So you finally have a girlfriend huh?” Seohyun asked Yonghwa’s brother.

“He introduced to me last month but that meeting never repeated until now.” Yonghwa’s mother replied.

“Because she’s so intimidated to you Omma. Please show the same kindness you’re showing to Seohyuna.” Yonghwa’s brother added.

“Hahahaha. Introduce her to me too, so I would teach her how to win Omma and Appa’s heart. Hahaha.” Seohyun joked.

 

Until they came to talk about the engagement.

 

“Oh, how’s your planning with the engagement by the way?” Yonghwa’s brother asked.

“I’m still fixing my schedules until next year. But I already inquired to some places which Yongie and I would visit after his military service. But as to definite plan, we still have to talk about it. Right now, I just want to assure Yongie I’m doing well here. Tsk. We need to fix some issues.” Seohyun seriously talked.

“So we’ll give enough time with you and Yonghwa later then.” Yonghwa’s brother replied.

“Hahaha. I need to.” Seohyun looked at the window as they accelerate.

“I really can’t wait for you and my son to get married and have kids. Really, I want a grandchild.” Yonghwa’s mother said.

“I’ll give to you Omma, if that’s what you want.” Yonghwa’s brother replied. “Hahaha.”

“Whatever Yonghwa wants Omma, I’m here to follow him. But right now, we can’t do it. Just a few more years Omma, we’ll get there surely.”

“How was it now that you’re on your own?” Yonghwa’s aunt suddenly asked.

“Hmm. At first, it’s really hard. Over the years, I’m used to a lot of managers handling me. But now, I’m working with various people to act as my manager whenever I have work. Yongie helped me in forming my own team and I’m really thankful he’s been really supportive with everything that I do in terms of my career. Especially when he provided me the space I need in his building.”

“Thank you Seohyuna. Despite your busy schedule, you’re managing well the building.” Yonghwa’s mother said.

“Aniyo Omma, thank you for trusting me.”

“You’re a family now Seohyuna. Since the day I met you, I’ve considered you my daughter. And I can’t wait for you to be officially be part of our family.”

“I won’t miss the wedding. That’s for sure.” Yonghwa's aunt butted in.

“How would you want the wedding?” Yonghwa’s brother asked.

“Hmm. Yongie and I want it intimate. Just you, our families and friends. That’s all. But of course, if that’s what Omma and Appa want. Hehehe.”

“We won’t intervene Seohyun. Maybe we should just organize another event in Busan for our families. And then one in Seoul for your family. Right?”

“De Omma, that’s a good idea.”

 

They continued talking until Seohyun unknowingly fell asleep during the travel, which Yonghwa’s family talked about.

 

“Seohyun fell asleep?” Yonghwa’s brother noticed her silence.

“Oh, de. She must be tired.” Yonghwa’s aunt said while looking at Seohyun.

“De. She came straight from her filming and helped me prepare everything.” Yonghwa’s mother replied.

“You’re lucky. She’s a good woman. She’ll be a good wife for Yonghwa.” Yonghwa’s aunt commented.

“De. Even though she’s really busy, she’s trying her best to catch up with us; as a promise to Yonghwa. Look at her, really a persistent one. She’s chasing her dreams all by herself now. And I’m proud of her for what she’s achieving now. Yonghwa’s really lucky to have met her:” Yonghwa’s mother complemented Seohyun.

 

 

Almost 10 in the morning when they arrived at the base. Yonghwa’s aunt, wake Seohyun up to get off the car and enter the base.

 

They all stepped out of the car and was welcomed by Yonghwa’s commando.

 

“Oh, Yonghwa-sshi’s inside.”

“Kamsahamnida.” Yonghwa’s brother said.

 

They entered the camp and they were escorted inside the cafeteria.

 

Yonghwa’s seated and using his phone when he saw his family and Seohyun walking towards him. He stood up and smiled to them.

 

“Yonghwa-yah!” Yonghwa’s mother excitedly said as she hugged her son. “Happy birthday Son!”

“Ohhh, Omma. I missed you, thank you. Happy anniversary too, for giving birth to me. Haha.” Yonghwa broke the hug. He then turned to his brother.

“Happy birthday Man!” He hugged his brother.

“I’m glad you made it today.” Yonghwa smiled.

“Of course, for my one and only brother. Hahaha.” Yonghwa’s brother broke the hug.

“To my most beautiful aunt. Finally, a visit!”

“Happy birthday Yonghwa.” Yonghwa’s aunt hugged him quickly. “You look great!” She broke it and cupped his face.

“Thank you Auntie.” Yonghwa smiled.

 

And then Seohyun removed her shades and put it on her head.

 

“Happy birthday, Babe.” Seohyun smiled. “I missed you.”

“Come here.” Yonghwa extended her arms for a hug. Seohyun walked to him and hugged him tightly.

 

It was the hug Seohyun always miss. Her tears fell as she felt the hug only her can differentiate from any other hug.

 

“I’m sorry.” Seohyun whispered as she put her hands tightly on Yonghwa’s waist.

“You’ve gotten a lot more smaller. You’re so tiny now.” Yonghwa replied as he caressed Seohyun’s back to her waist.

“I’m not getting enough sleep. I miss your voice. I miss your kiss. I miss your hug. I miss your messages.”

“Now, I’m worried about you. I’ve never felt you this tiny. Tsk.”

“Please don’t be mad. I’m sorry. I’m sorry about not showing up when you’re in Seoul. I know you’re upset about that.”

“Let’s not talk about that. Tsk. I need to take a break and take care of you.” Yonghwa broke the hug and looked at Seohyun, sobbing.

 

“Happy birthday, Yonghwa-yah.” Seohyun smiled.

 

Yonghwa wiped Seohyun’s tears and then kissed her lips. It was deep but quick.

 

“Thank you.” Yonghwa replied and then put his arm around Seohyun’s shoulder and faced his family.

 

“What’s inside the basket? Hahaha.” Yonghwa, trying to change his mood after a quick talk with Seohyun.

“Seohyun and I prepared all your favorite.” Yonghwa’s mother answered.

“Let’s eat.” Yonghwa’s brother said.

 

They settled down on a table in the cafeteria. Yonghwa sat with Seohyun and on the opposite, his mother, brother and aunt.

 

Yonghwa’s brother took out the foods inside the basket, one-by-one while Seohyun unboxed the goguma cake she bought.

 

“Oppa, lighter.” Seohyun planted the candles on the cake.

“Ye.” Yonghwa’s brother lighted the candles and Seohyun faced Yonghwa while holding the cake.

 

“Shall we sing a happy birthday song to Yonghwa?” Seohyun said.

 

And they all sang a birthday song to Yonghwa.

 

“Happy birthday, Jung Yonghwa. Make a wish.” Seohyun raised her eye brows as she look at Yonghwa. “Hahaha.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter