When I Was Down

YongSeo Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun and Yonghwa were both at SM Entertainment just in time when Girls Generation finished their rehearsals for their upcoming event in Vietnam. The boys were staying outside the practice studio and waited for their respective girlfriends to come out.

 

Almost 11 when the staff ended their practice. They bid their goodbyes to each other and had their respective plans.

 

“Yah. Seohyuna.” Yoona called for Seohyun.

“Hmm? Unnie? Waeyo?” Seohyun replied while packing her things.

“Jongie and Yonghwa Oppa’s outside.” Yoona’s sneaking outside.

“Oh? Yonghwa told me we’ll meet at the coffee shop?” Seohyun followed Yoona’s look from the outside.

“Let’s go?”

“De unnie.”

 

Both Yoona and Seohyun joined the rest of the members to leave the room.

 

Girls’ Generation, one by one, greeted Yonghwa at Jonghyun outside.

 

“Ooohh. Familiar faces.” Yuri said.

“Yonghwa! Between Us is amazing! Thank you for the CDs!” Hyoyeon is with Yuri.

“Jonghyuna!” Taeyeon hit Jonghyun’s arm.

“Noona! Hope I’ll be able to receive your Deluxe Edition.” Jonghyun replied.

“Hahaha! I have it now!” Tiffany’s showing her CD.

“It’s nice to see you, Yonghwa and Jonghyuna.” Sunny waved.

“Ahh. So this is the reason why Yoona and Seohyun is still inside. Cham. Dating in the middle of the night.” Sooyoung with a teasing look.

“Yaah. Kamsahamnida! I miss everyone.” Yonghwa bowed and greeted each and everyone.

 

After some more greetings, Yoona and Seohyun finally stepped out of the room and joined the big crowd just near the door.

 

“Finally, the princesses!” Yuri started the teasing.

“Ei, Unnie. Aren’t we old for those teasing?” Seohyun’s blushing as she walked near Yonghwa. And then the entire group laughed.

“Haha. Unnie, your should consider dating again.” Yoona replied.

“Jungshin chingu!” Hyoyeon exclaimed.

“Where is he?” Sooyoung seriously asked.

“Schedule with Minhyuka.” Jonghyun answered as he received Yoona’s bags.

“Hope he’s doing well.” Sooyoung added.

“Don’t worry. I’ll mention this to him.” Yonghwa winked at Sooyoung.

“Hahaha. You silly.”

 

And then they all walked together to the parking area. Yoona and Jonghyun were together and then Seohyun and Yonghwa.

 

“Where do you want to eat?” Jonghyun asked Yoona while she’s tying her hair up.

“We ate already Love. What about you?”

“Hyung and I ate at FNC too.”

“Ahh. Hmm. Shall we stay home?” Yoona gave a look at Jonghyun.

“Cham.” Jonghyun giggled.

“Wae? Why are you smiling?”

“Nothing.”

“So what now? Am I having you tonight?”

“Hmm.”

“Haish. So you’re still thinking of not spending the night with me? I guess I should just ask Hong Jonghyun or Ji Chang Wook Oppa.”

“Heik!” Jonghyun glared at Yoona.

“I’m just kidding!” Yoona hit Jonghyun.

 

He stayed quiet until they reached the parking.

 

 

Meanwhile, Yonghwa and Seohyun had been talking too while walking to the parking.

 

“You looked tired, and irritated.” Yonghwa was pertaining to how she reacted when got teased by Yuri.

“Just tired Babe.”

“Should we go home then instead?”

“Kenchana. We’ll have our tea right?”

“We can have it in your home. Look at you. We should’ve just rescheduled this to another date.”

“Why are you angry now?”

“I’m not angry. I’m just explaining here. We should go home.”

“Andwe. Let’s push through at the coffee shop.”

“I don’t want to force you if you really don’t want to.”

“Tsk. What do you want?”

“Nothing.”

“Stop that Yonghwa. Don’t add, please.”

“Add what? It’s just you and your mood swings.”

 

And then they reached the parking area. Yonghwa opened the door for Seohyun and walked to the driver’s seat.

 

“I should’ve just joined Hyoyeon unnie.” Seohyun’s following Yonghwa with her eyes.

“Get inside the car. I’m taking you home.”

 

And then the two got in and then immediately Yonghwa started driving en route to Seohyun’s home.

 

“I really don’t understand why you get easily irritated.” Yonghwa started again as he drives.

“What’s your problem?”

“You.”

“What about me?”

“I need you.”

 

And then Seohyun stopped arguing with Yonghwa. She knew Yonghwa would tell her those words. Yonghwa had been longing for her since their comeback. But due to their tight schedules, they can’t meet and spend some time together.

 

Yonghwa and his band had been struggling on the charts. Though Yonghwa overcame that thought of topping the charts, he felt bad with how the promotion went and how their album did in their own country.

 

They both stayed quiet. Seohyun used her phone while Yonghwa just focused on driving. Just after a few minutes, they arrived at the parking.

 

“Go and have your rest.” Yonghwa said after parking the car. “I just remembered, I have to be at KBS tomorrow morning for Music Bank.”

“Come on. Let’s go inside.” Seohyun removed her seatbelt.

“No. Go inside and rest. I have my schedule tomorrow.”

“Tsk.” Seohyun stepped out of the car and walked to the driver’s seat. She opened the door and removed Yonghwa’s seatbelt.

 

“Put off the engine. Let’s go.” Seohyun’s already pissed.

“Cham.”

 

Yonghwa followed Seohyun. He put off the engine, reached for her things and stepped out of the car. Seohyun then grabbed Yonghwa’s hand as they walked towards the building.

 

They stayed quiet until they reached Seohyun’s home. Seohyun pulled Yonghwa to the living room and let him sit.

 

“I’ll prepare our tea. Wait for me.” Seohyun said.

“Aniya.” Yonghwa pulled Seohyun and let her sat beside him. “I need you.” And then Yonghwa started kissing Seohyun’s ear and then her neck.

“Yah. Yonghwa. I’m tired.” Seohyun gently pushing Yonghwa away.

“See? You’re tired. I’ll go ahead and have your rest.” Yonghwa stood up but Seohyun pulled his hand and stood up.

 

“What’s your problem? Huh?” Seohyun reached her peak.

“You!” Yonghwa replied.

“What do you want from me, huh? You want it? Is that what you want? Huh?!”

 

And then Seohyun started kissing Yonghwa’s lips with so much force.

 

“Yah! Yah! Joohyuna!” Yonghwa’s avoiding Seohyun.

“This is what you want right? You said you need me, ei?” And then Seohyun stopped and trying to hold her cry.

“You think I just want this? Huh?! Cham. I’m so disappointed in you Joohyuna. I’m out of here.”

“You’re always like that! You make me want to guess what’s on your mind. I want to know what’s wrong but you wouldn’t tell me!”

“Because you’re too preoccupied with everything! I want to share what’s really inside me. I want you to listen to me, to hear my story. But what?! You’re tired?!? Cham. Let’s just talk when you’re done with everything!”

 

Yonghwa cried and walked out in front of Seohyun. He stepped out of the house and headed back to the car and drove home.

 

Seohyun cracked and her tears started falling after Yonghwa closed the door. Seohyun’s parents were sneaking from the door of their room after hearing series of yells from the outside.

 

Seohyun sat on the couch and cried. It was always their problem; Yonghwa not telling what’s his problem, and Seohyun, being easily irritated and always initiating an issue with Yonghwa.

 

They had been struggling since Yonghwa started his busy schedules and Seohyun with her group and individual activities. Both their schedules didn’t match and so one of them need to adjust so they would meet even once or twice in two weeks.

 

She cried hard. She knew Yonghwa’s been going through some issues with his group’s comeback. And she really wanted to be there, but she can’t do it because of her commitments and work. She felt a lot of guilt knowing how she’s been treating Yonghwa the past few days.

 

Yonghwa arrived home with a heavy heart. He walked directly to his room and lied to his bed. He cried thinking how upset he is blurting everything to Seohyun. He wanted Seohyun to hear his feelings. He is down. He knew his band deserve better. It is only Seohyun who he shares his feelings with. But he was pushed away by Seohyun. His pain got deeper. He cried until he fell asleep.

 

 

Friday. Early in the morning when Yonghwa prepared himself for Music Bank. Still down, he prepared his breakfast and ate alone thinking about what happened to him and his girlfriend last night.

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun was already on her way to Music Bank ahead of Yonghwa to make up to him. She arrived and headed to CNBLUE’s waiting room. She was then accompanied by a FNC staff awaiting the band’s arrival.

 

Seohyun waited quietly on the couch while the FNC staff is watching her. Her mind is full of thoughts. She didn’t know where to start; what will she tell Yonghwa.

 

Until the band arrived with some more FNC staff.

 

 

“Oh? Seohyunnie!” Jonghyun was shocked to see Seohyun.

“Oppa. Good morning.” Seohyun stood up and greeted Jonghyun, Minhyuk and Jungshin. She also greeted the entire FNC staff who came in the room.

 

“This is too early huh.” The manager said.

“Oppa, I need to borrow him.” Seohyun asked permission to the manager.

“He’s quiet since we came here.”

 

Seohyun didn’t answer and walked to Yonghwa who’s arranging his stuff from the table.

 

“Yongie.” Seohyun quietly called Yonghwa while the band member’s were watching them.

“Why are you here? Did I ask you to come here? Huh?!” Yonghwa gradually raised his voice as he removed his mask.

 

“Hyung.” Minhyuk was shocked seeing how he yelled at Seohyun.

 

“Come.” Yonghwa then pulled Seohyun’s hand and they went inside the wash room.

 

“Yah. I didn’t come here to receive your yell again!” Seohyun answered and started crying in front of Yonghwa.

“So why did you come here? You know you’ll just hear me yelling at you!”

“Because I want to make up to you!” Seohyun, crying hard.

 

And then they both stayed silent.

 

“I’m here lowering my pride and just begging for your forgiveness and understanding. But what am I getting here? A shouting monster!”

“Cham. And now you’re calling me a monster? You’re still not on your senses. Just go. Get out of here and don’t show yourself while I’m at work.”

“How can you say that to me now, huh?!”

“Just. Just go Joohyuna. Please.” Yonghwa started crying.

“Fine. I won’t bother you anymore. I won’t come here anymore. I’m sorry.”

 

Seohyun walked out of the wash room, crying. All the people inside the waiting room watched how Seohyun cried hard while stepping out of the room. She never had the chance to say goodbye to everyone because of her cry.

 

As quickly as she can, she walked back to the parking area and rode her car. She cried until she was able to calm herself. And then eventually, she drove her car back home.

 

 

Yonghwa meanwhile stayed at the wash room, crying too. He never thought he would push her away that much. Maybe because of all the hatred he’s been keeping for himself that he wanted to share with Seohyun.

 

After a few minutes, he walked outside the waiting room and just had his Americano on the couch.

 

“Hyung. What was that?” Jungshin carelessly asked.

“Don’t intervene Jungshina. This is between me and Joohyuna. Yah. If anyone of you contacted her, I’ll break you. Minhyuka. Jonghyun.”

“Opps. I’m out.” Jonghyun said while browsing his phone.

 

Minhyuk and Jungshin didn’t answer.

 

 

And then eventually, the boys had to prepare for their recording. The entire day had been normal for the boys except the incident early in the morning. Though Yonghwa was really not in the mood, he worked hard on their performance and tried as much as possible to be friendly to everyone especially to the fans.

 

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun arrived at her home as if nothing happened. Though it was obvious on her eyes that she didn’t get enough sleep and cried hard, she managed to hide her feelings to her parents and then to her manager and SM staff when she attended the Seoul Fashion Week in the afternoon.

 

The day passed without the two talking. Seohyun, after work prepared for her trip to Vietnam for a SoShi schedule. Meanwhile CNBLUE finished their Music Bank and headed to FNC and then eventually headed their respective homes after some work to be done.

 

 

Yonghwa was having his thoughts while on his bed listening to music. “Joohyuna. I said harsh words to you. I pushed you away too much.” Yonghwa remembering Seohyun’s cries. “I’m sorry. I should’ve understand you. But how? My heart right now is full of frustrations. I need you so badly. But what did I do? I pushed you away. I just want you back. I miss you so much and crazy things happen because of me. Will you understand me too? Will I be selfish if I tell you to listen to me and understand me? Even just for this one? Am I asking too much from you? Yah. I just love you so much Joohyuna. And sometimes it’s too painful to love so much.” And then he cried.

 

 

Seohyun, while packing her things, remembered Yonghwa. “Did he eat already? Is he already home? Is he drinking again? Tsk. I should’ve been gentler to him. But no. He should understand me. I came to him to apologize but he didn’t want me. Where should I place myself in? He said he’s been going through some issues he needed to discuss with me. Yeah. I should’ve listened to him. I’m his girlfriend. Am I too self-centered? Did I really hurt him with my actions and with my words? Am I really too preoccupied with work? Is this still working? Do I still deserve his love? Cham. Joohyuna. Stop overthinking. It scares me whenever we fight like this. It scares me because I don’t want to lose him. I love him so much. Call me selfish, yes, but I love him that much. Maybe he thinks I’m taking him for granted because I always say I’m tired and I always cancel our dates. But I’m trying. Will you forgive me? Are you still hurting?”

 

And then the two slept and had their rest.

 

 

April 1. Early in the morning when Yonghwa decided to see Seohyun before she depart to Vietnam with her group. It wasn’t planned. But when he woke up he just felt he need to see his girlfriend before she leaves.

 

He drove his sports car and headed to Seohyun’s home. Gently, he entered the house. It was still dark. Everyone’s still asleep.

 

He then walked directly to Seohyun’s room and entered. He saw her small luggage already near the door. At her computer table, he saw her passport and some other stuffs for her travel. “You’re ready.” He thought.

 

He then slowly and quietly walked to Seohyun on the bed. She was snoring loudly because of her exhaustion and lack of sleep the past few days. He kneeled and faced her. He brushed her hair and then kissed her forehead. “I’m sorry my baby.” He whispered. “I love you and I miss you. Come back to me please.” Yonghwa continued as he watched Seohyun like the sleeping beauty.

 

After some more moments, he stood up and got something from her walked in closet just adjacent her room. He looked for the leather jacket he bought sometime last year for her. He took a photo and placed it on her bed. He then walked back to Seohyun and kissed her forehead again. “You take care in Vietnam and enjoy the trip with your unnies.”

 

Before leaving, he sent the photo of the jacket to Seohyun.

 

To: Baby~

(Insert photo of the leather jacket on her bed)

I know you’re still cold. Hope this would make you feel warm.

 

 

And then finally, he stepped out of her room. By his surprise, after closing the door, he noticed the house was already lit. It was Seohyun’s mother already preparing breakfast at the kitchen.

 

“I knew it was you. You, cham.” Seohyun’s mother said, like a police who caught her criminal.

“Haha. Good morning Omoni.” Yonghwa bowed from Seohyun’s doorstep and then he walked to the kitchen and gave a hug to Seohyun’s mother. “Sorry for entering without any advise.”

“Kenchana. Because it’s you.”

“Thanks Omoni.”

“Coffee?”

“Ahmm. Sure Omma. Shall I stay here for a talk?”

“Of course.”

 

Seohyun’s mother prepared a coffee for him, for her and for her husband.

 

“You’re apuji will be up any moment now.”

“Ahh de. It’s been a while.”

“How have you been?”

“I’m fine Omma. I’ve been busy with the group schedule.”

“Yah. Between Us is so good! Thank you for the CDs.”

“Haha. Thank you too Omoni. Yah. Coming from you. Kamsahamnida.” Yonghwa bowed his head.

 

And then Seohyun's mother got back to preparing breakfast while chatting with Yonghwa. And then Seohyun’s father joined them.

 

“Jung Yonghwa.” Seohyun’s father massaged Yonghwa’s shoulder.

“Oh. Apuji. Annyeonghasseyo.” Yonghwa stood up, bowed at him and gave a quick hug.

“Your album is very good! Great job son!”

“Thank you Apuji.”

“It’s the music in my car and in my office.”

“Hahahah thank you Apuji.”

 

And then they both settled down and started drinking coffee.

 

“So what’s up now?”

“I’m okay. I came to see Joohyun before she leaves for Vietnam.”

“Ahh. Are you two okay now?”

“Eik. You know?”

“How will we not know? The other day, both of you are shouting to each other.”

“Eik! I’m sorry Apuji. Omoni. Sorry for yelling at your daughter. Both of us were tired that night and no one’s conceding really. I’m sorry, Cham. This is embarrassing.”

“Hahaha. Yongie you’re so cute.” Seohyun’s mother smiled at him.

“You’re still embarrassed after all these years? Haha.” Seohyun’s father laughed.

“Ei. I don’t want you two seeing us fighting hard like that.”

“Kenchana. All relationships go through those situations. We both understand. Are you guys okay now?”

“Hmm. Not yet. Maybe Joohyun’s still mad at me. But I’m okay. I really just came to see her.”

“Ahh. Why don’t you join for breakfast? So you two could talk?” Seohyun's mother suggested.

“Kenchanayo Omoni. Anytime now I have to leave. My manager will be waiting for me in my house. I have schedule at MBC today.”

“Is that so? Hmm. Please finish your coffee before you leave.” Seohyun’s father said.

“De Apuji.”

 

They continued talking while having coffee.

 

 

Seohyun woke up by her alarm. It was 5:30 in the morning. She grabbed her phone and by her surprised, saw a message from Yonghwa. She quickly opened it and read it. “Wah. He’s here?” She thought.

 

Quickly, she got up from her bed and slowly opened her door to see if Yonghwa’s really there.

 

“He’s here.” She thought while watching Yonghwa talking to her parents at the kitchen. She listened to their conversation for a moment.

 

 

“I didn’t know what’s wrong with me until I made some realizations. Being with your daughter for almost 6 years now. We’ve been through a lot and we’re still fighting up to this very moment. I’m just so sorry Omoni, Apuji for fighting with her. I’m not a perfect boyfriend but I love your daughter so much.”

“Hahahaha. You don’t have to say sorry to us. I mean, you don’t have to say sorry. As I said, it’s all part of the journey. 10 years. 20 years. 30 years from now, if you and Joohyun will end up together, for sure, you two will still fight. What I want to say is that, it’s all part of the game. You two got hurt but try to pick the lessons from that and together you two stand up and move on with your lives. It may be cliché to some but that makes a relationship stronger. You should know this by now Yonghwa.”

“De Apuji. Thank you for always being there for me, and for Joohyuna.”

“Of course. We, your parents will always be here to guide you.”

 

And then Seohyun closed her door and walked back to her bed. She then started preparing herself to her trip.

 

 

Eventually, Yonghwa gad to leave for his work. He bid his goodbyes to Seohyun’s parents and then to Ppo Ppo.

 

 

It was almost 6:15 when Yonghwa arrived at his home. He prepared for work and waited for his manager to arrive.

 

Meanwhile 6:30 when Seohyun stepped out of her room and joined her parents for breakfast.

 

While eating,

 

“Oh, by the way. You have a visitor earlier.” Seohyun’s mother said.

“Yongie.” Seohyun replied.

“You know?”

“He sent me a message.”

“Ahh. He had his coffee here and we chat for a while.” Seohyun’s father said.

“Ahh. Okay.” Seohyun, still cold.

“Whatever it is, I hope you two would get it through huh?” Seohyun’s mother said.

“De Omma.”

 

They continued eating while talking. Afterwards, Seohyun was picked by her manager and then they both headed to the salon to have her extensions on.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter