Parting Ways

YongSeo Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 13. Yoona woke up early from a very tiring night. She and Jonghyun fought really bad that Yoona decided to end their relationship.

 

August 12. Jonghyun visited Yoona in their house. It was the first time they met in almost a month. Jonghyun arrived while Yoona’s eating alone at the living room.

 

“Yoona. I’m here.” Jonghyun after keying the passcode, entering and closing the door.

“Oh. Love. Annyeong! Come in come in.” Yoona answered while continuing with her noodles.

“How have you been?” Jonghyun, walking in the living room and then gave a kiss on Yoona’s top of the head, sat on the couch. “I missed you.” Jonghyun leaned his back on the couch and carefully watched his girlfriend enjoying her noodles while on the floor.

“Sorry sorry huh? I didn’t know you’re coming.” Yoona, trying to finish the food fast to be with her boyfriend.

“Kenchana. Finish your food. I’ll watch.”

“Have you eaten? Hungry? Have some.” Yoona offering the noddles.

“Yeah. We ate after packing up.”

“Ah. Seungyeon’s there too?”

“Ohh.”

“Ahhhhh. Okay.”

“Mmm. Wae?”

“Nothing. I missed you so much.”

“Nado. This is so hard. Hayy.” Jonghyun closed his eyes, looked up and sighed. He leaned his head on the couch.

“Wae? What’s wrong? Tired?” Yoona, trying her best to finish her noodles as fast as she can.

“Aniya. Just tired.”

“You want a massage huh?” Yoona stopped eating and looked at Jonghyun. “We can go out. I’ll drive. My treat.”

“Tsk. Kenchana.” Jonghyun, really tired.

“Something’s wrong here.” Yoona left her food and sat beside Jonghyun. “Are you sick?” Yoona cupped Jonghyun’s face.

“No.”

“Then what’s wrong?”

“I don’t know. Please be honest with me. How many times did you meet with Lee Seunggi?” Jonghyun faced Yoona seriously.

“Love, just once. When we last had a fight. Ei. Are we going to fight again because of this?”

“What about yesterday? What happened yesterday?”

“He just accompanied me going here. We bumped at the parking area. That’s all.”

“I’m sick and tired of this Love. Until when am I going to compete with him?”

“Who said you two are competing? Ei, Love. Please don’t think that I’m cheating and playing here huh.”

“I don’t know Love. I’m just so tired being so paranoid. That everytime the public know you’re together, it’s as if he have all the rights on you.”

“So after all this time, that’s what you’re thinking and feeling?”

“Aniya. It’s like our relationship’s just going around the circle. Lee Seunggi. Lee Seunggi. Lee Seunggi. Gong Seungyeon, Gong Seungyeon, Gong Seungyeon.”

“You know I’m doing everything just to make this work Love. And I know you too.”

“I know. I know. Sorry. What am I thinking again? Aish. Shibal.”

“Yah. Watch your mouth Lee Jonghyun.”

“I love you. I love you so much Im Yoona. But I don’t know. I don’t know if this is enough. Both of us can’t even be assured of each other. I always think of him, you always think of her. I’m tired arguing all over.”

“How many times do we have to discuss this?”

“That’s my point Love. We always argue. I don’t think it’s still good.”

“But you know that I’m doing everything Love. Okay. What do you want now?”

“I don’t know. I’m so confused right now. I don’t wanna really brought this issue up but Lee Seunggi told me you went out with him yesterday.”

“And you believe him?! I told you we just bumped at the parking area.” Yoona’s temper is rising.

“Love, I don’t know if this is still working.”

“So what do you want now?”

“I don’t know. Maybe we should stop seeing each other first and think things over.” Jonghyun started crying.

“You’re breaking up with me just because of that? Just because of Lee Seunggi. So all along this is not worth it?!” Yoona started crying too, still focused on Jonghyun.

“I’m not breaking up with you. I love you Yoona. I just want some space maybe. I’m no longer the Jonghyun you fell in love with. Everytime we’re not together, I’m just can’t stop thinking about you and him.”

“You’re very unfair. It’s almost a month that we didn’t see each other. Isn’t that enough Love? Why didn’t you tell me about this? I’m so disappointed Love.”

“I’m sorry. I love you so much Love. I’m so tired with this issue.”

“What do you want me to do? Can’t you even feel and see how hard it is to be on my situation too? Huh? I know it’s hard for you too and I understand that. But Love, I’m being tortured too.”

“That’s why I think we should rest first.”

“Okay. If that’s what you want, I’ll give it. Because I know you’re thinking it’s really me after all. After a year and how many months, it’s me. I bring our relationship to this. I already paid for what I did, we committed and promised that we will be strong, and I did my part. I kept your trust and love. And that made me continue with my life, and with our relationship.”

“It’s not that Love. I trusted you and my trust for you made me stay until now. Please let’s give each other time to think and look for what was lost over the year.”

“I never lost my love for you.” Yoona started breaking down.

“Nado. You’re the only woman that I will love. You’re the woman I want to spend my lifetime with.”

“Why are you breaking up with me?”

“I told you I’m not breaking up with you.”

“Then what? Space?”

“I think so.” Jonghyun wrapped Yoona into his arms.

“Isn’t the almost one month time we didn’t see each other enough? Huh?”

“That’s why I’m doing this Love.”

“I’m hurt. You’re hurting me. So much.” Yoona leaned her head and her body on Jonghyun and hit his chest.

“I’ll understand that. I’ll completely understand if you’ll get mad at me. But I need to do this. We need this.”

“Love.” Yoona, crying hard in the arms of Jonghyun.

“Always remember that I love you so much. I love you Im Yoona.” Jonghyun kissed Yoona’s forehead and continued hugging her tight.

“You’re breaking me into pieces. But I’ll accept it. Because I love you too. I love you so much and I’ll do everything to bring you back to me.”

“You don’t have to do anything. I’ll come back to you, surely.”

“What do you want me to do? Huh? Tell me? You want me to announce everything about me and Seunggi Oppa? I’ll do it.”

“Shhh. Enough of that. I know it’s for your company’s welfare.”

“Andwe.” Yoona let go of Jonghyun’s hug and faced him while wiping her tears with her own hands. “If that will make you come back to me and if that’s really what will make us okay, I’ll do it.”

“You don’t have to do it Love.”

“Now you don’t want it. Haish! Where should I place myself now? Cham.” Yoona stood up with her temper quickly rose.

“You’re shouting again. Tsk. Please. Come here. Let’s get this done and over.” Jonghyun pulling Yoona’s hand but Yoona’s refusing.

“You always complain that you’re the only one hurting here. It’s always me who’s at fault. Everytime we have problems, the root cause is me. Me and Seunggi Oppa. Given that, and all the things you just said, I realized that yes. We need to break up. This is not good anymore. I’m also tired Lee Jonghyun. I’m so tired of being blamed, feeling guilty everytime you complain, everytime we fight, everytime in this relationship.” Yoona cried hard again, turned away to Jonghyun. “Let’s call it quits.”

 

And then Yoona walked out and locked herself inside her room. She then cried hard and shouted. “Shibal!!!” Yoona then lied down to her bed and cried hard.

 

Jonghyun stayed frozen after hearing what Yoona just said and what she did inside her room. His tears effortlessly fell and his chest pained. Jonghyun literally felt the pain he kept for a long period of time. It was hard for him to accept that for the public and everyone’s eyes, his girlfriend is Lee Seunggi’s girlfriend. He's tried, but he reached the peak and just exploded. He trusts Yoona but he will never trust the man who stole his girl.

 

Yoona covered herself with her thick sheets. She cried every single feeling of guilt that she’s been feeling the entire period she and Jonghyun decided to continue the relationship up to present. She’s upset that after everything they’ve been through, after how many times she convinced herself that the relationship’s worth every pain, Jonghyun’s still holding to that problem that they had when the news broke out a year and 9 months now. She realized that maybe it was right to end the relationship. She thought that Jonghyun didn’t trust her at all periods. But on her second thought, Jonghyun has the right to feel that way. She made a mistake. She made a mistake of accepting the agreement of her and Seunggi’s company. She made a mistake of trusting Lee Seunggi.

 

Jonghyun stayed for the next 30 minutes just crying. But he wanted this. And so after wiping his tears, he stepped out of Yoona’s house with a heavy heart. He didn’t want to leave but again, he wanted this.

 

 

 

Yoona dressed up and had her tea alone at the dining area while thinking what just happened last night.

 

She stayed for almost an hour until she got her phone and called her manager.

 

“Yoona?” Yoona’s manager answered, still half asleep.

“Oppa. Set a meeting today at SM with the Communications Group, Lee Sooman sajangnim and Kim Youngmin sajangnim. 7 in the morning please.”

“Yah. What’s with you? Do you know how early 7AM?”

“I never get late in every single schedule that I have Oppa.”

“What’s wrong? Why this is so sudden? Please don’t do anything that will ruin everything. Please.”

“Oppa. I’ll tell everything. Please set that meeting. I’ll see you there.”

“This might be my last day at SM Entertainment.”

“Aniyo Oppa. I’m at your back.”

“Okay okay. I’ll set that up.”

“Gomawoyo.”

 

Yoona hanged up and left the house. She walked to the parking area and drove her car en route to SM.

 

Just minutes, she arrived at the parking area of SM and quickly walked to the building. She arrived at the conference room 6:19 in the morning. She sat on the second chair and then her phone rang.

 

“Sajangnim. Good morning.” Yoona answered. It was Lee Sooman.

“What’s about the meeting your manager told me?”

“Sajangnim, may I talk to you? To you and to Kim Youngmin sajangnim. I want this over. I think 1 year and 9 months is enough.” Yoona then started crying while on the line.

“Ssshh. I understand you. I’m sorry it has to be this long. I’m sorry it has to be you.”

“Sajangnim. Please. Let me go. Please set me free.” Yoona, crying hard.

“I know. I know. I’m coming. We’re all coming. That’s for sure.”

“Kamsahamnida Sajangnim. Chinchayo kamsahamnida.”

“De. I’ll call his group okay?”

“Ye.”

“Wait for me.”

“Thank you Sir.”

“Okay. Bye.”

 

Yoona wiped her tears and let herself calm down. It was really hard for her but she needed to do this. She stood up and stepped out of the room and walked for water to help her calm down. And then she walked back to the conference room and started a conversation at SoShi’s group chat.

 

Yoona: There will be a big announcement coming today. I’m so sorry I have to do this when we’re about to comeback. I’m really sorry but I can’t take this anymore. I’m so tired of this game. See you later.

 

And then  immediately, Seohyun replied who just woke up.

 

Seohyun: Unnie, what is this?

Yoona: I’ll see you later. Where are you?

Seohyun: I just woke up Unnie. Wae? What wrong?

Yoona: It’s over.

Seohyun: Yah. Unnie. Tell me please. Call me.

Yoona: You have schedule today?

Seohyun: None. 

Yoona: Can we meet?

Seohyun: Of course unnie. Where?

Yoona: I’ll go there.

Seohyun: Alright unnie.

Taeyeon: Yoona-yah, what’s this?

Taeyeon: This should be discussed with us.

Taeyeon: Maknaes!

Seohyun: Unnie, yes?

Taeyeon: Bo-yah?

Taeyeon: Ei!

 

But Seohyun and Yoona didn’t reply.

 

And then one by one, Yoona’s receiving calls and messages from her members. But Yoona didn’t respond.

 

6:40 when Yoona’s manager arrived in the conference room.

 

“Yoona.” Yoona’s manager entered.

“Oppa!” Yoona stood up crying and then hugged her manager.

“What’s wrong with you?”

“Oppa. This will be the last time I’ll cry.”

“Kenchana. What is it?”

“I broke up with Jonghyun.” Yoona broke the hug and sat back on her seat.

“Wae? What happened?” Yoona’s manager sat beside her.

“He wanted some space. All this time Oppa. I thought we’re working out together. But he still don’t trust me. I’m so hurt Oppa. I’m really hurt.”

“Shh. We’ll fix this today. I promise. Stop crying now. They’re arriving.” Yoona’s manager patting hmher shoulder.

“Ye.”

 

Yoona stayed quiet and calm down again until one by one, SM Communication Group arrived, and then Kim Youngmin and then the presiden from Lee Seunggi’s company, and then Lee Seunggi. The last one to arrive was Lee Sooman.

 

Yoona greeted each and everyone in a civil way. She gave a hug to Lee Sooman and then they all settled down.

 

“Ahmm. Our artist, Im Yoona has called this meeting this early to tell everyone here in this room that she would like to withdraw from the agreement we made a year and 9 months ago.”

“Waeyo? What’s wrong?” Lee Seunggi said while looking at the zombie-like Yoona.

“This will have an effect with their upcoming comeback and promotions.” One Communication member commented.

“Same with our company.” The president of Hook Company said.

“I strongly believe it’s about time we end this.” Kim Youngmin seconded Lee Sooman.

“But it’s your company who wanted us to be in this situation.” Hook’s side said.

“Wait wait. As far as I can remember, both of the company agreed. Don’t throw the blame on us. It was your company who first confirmed the news.” Another from the Communications group said.

“And besides, both of the company benefited. I think 1 year and 9 months is long enough.” Kim Youngmin said.

“Having said that; okay. As the president of Hook company, I agree to your proposition.”

“Okay. So we’re done here.” Lee Sooman said.

“The next step now is the press release. When will we release the news.” Hook’s president asked.

“After this meeting. As we leave this place, I want that the news will come out and clear everything.” Yoona butted in.

“Why are you doing this Yoona?” Lee Seunggi looked at Yoona.

“We should’ve not let 1 year 9 months pass like that.” Lee Sooman answered Lee Seunggi. “It should’ve been only a month or two.”

“We can say that the break up was caused by Lee Seunggi entering the military soon.” Hook’s president said.

“We can also say the break up was caused by Yoona’s busy schedule.” One from the Communications group said.

"Andwe. We don’t need to disclose the reason. Just say the decision was mutual and the reason’s private.” Lee Sooman said.

“Yah. Why? Im Yoona answer me?” Lee Seunggi, still focused on Yoona.

“I’m sick and tired of you Oppa. You ruined everything. Please. Get a life.” Yoona, hiding her tears.

“Lee Seunggi, you’ve had enough.” Hook’s president said.

“So I guess we’re done here?” Lee Sooman said. “Our Communications Group will release this news this morning.”

“Okay. Okay.” Hook’s president said.

 

The group had a few more conversations until 8:30 in the morning. After adjourning, Lee Seunggi cornered Yoona and talked to her.

 

“Why did you do this?”

“Oppa, I told you I should’ve done this way way back.”

“Wae?”

“You’re not my boyfriend Oppa. And please stop hoping we’ll be together for real.”

“You’ll always be inside my heart.”

“Oppa, stop it. Please. Let me go. Set me free.”

 

And then Yoona joined the group of Lee Sooman.

 

“Sajangnim.” Yoona said after ignoring Lee Seunggi.

“Oh ye. Excuse me.” Lee Sooman joined Yoona and the two talked.

 

“Kenchana?” Lee Sooman’s hand on Yoona’s shoulder.

“De Sajangnim. Thank you. Thank you so much for understanding me. Thank you.” Yoona hugged Lee Sooman and tears started flowing again.

“Shhh. Everything’s gonna be alright.”

“I broke up with him Sajangnim.”

“That’s why you did this?”

“De.” Yoona, still crying on Lee Sooman’s shoulder.

“Win him back. It’s all worth it.” Lee Sooman broke the hug and looked at her. “I don’t want to see Im Yoona broken during your promotions. It’s gonna be a week from now. I want you to come back happy. Okay?” Lee Sooman wiped Yoona’s tears. “I know you still love him. That’s why you did this. If you’re still not ready, it’s okay. You still have a few more days off before you start your schedules again. But it would be best if you two will fix that soon.”

“De sajangnim. Kamsaheyo.”

 

They talked for a few more minutes until Yoona fixed herself, bid her goodbyes to everyone and then left with her manager.

 

While walking to the parking area,

 

“Oppa. I’ll go to Seohyun’s house okay?”

“Okay. You’ll still have your day off until today. Tomorrow you’ll be early for the event. Please don’t tire yourself too much.”

“De Oppa. Kamsahamnida.”

 

Yoona arrived at her car, immediately entered and left.

 

While driving, she gave a call to Seohyun with her bluetooth on.

 

“Unnie. Where are you now? Everyone’s looking for you.”

“I’m driving. I’ll be arriving in 10 minutes.”

“Okay unnie. Did you eat?”

“Not yet. I’ll eat there okay?”

“Okay unnie. Kenchana?”

“Better.”

“Okay. See you unnie.”

“Ye. I’ll hang up now.”

“Bye.”

 

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun was preparing breakfast with her mother when Yonghwa called.

 

“Hyuna.” Yonghwa spoke to the phone. Seohyun then put him on loudspeaker so her mother can hear him.

“Oh! Yonghwa!” Seohyun’s mother spoke to the phone.

“Yong. It’s early. Wae?”

“I suddenly missed you. Hehe. Hi Omoni.” Yonghwa focused on the phone and greeted his future mother-in-law.

“Ei. You have your shoot today right?”

“I’m away for a few days. I just wanna maximize my free time talking to you. Right Omoni?” Yonghwa smiled.

“Let him my daughter. And besides, Yoona’s coming.” Seohyun’s mother said.

“Huh? Waeyo omoni?”

“I don’t know. Joohyun told me she has a problem.”

“What’s that babe?”

“She didn’t tell me either. We’ll know in a few minutes.”

 

And then Yonghwa’s phone beeped. He put Seohyun on the loudspeaker and checked his meesage. It was from Jonghyun.

 

From: Jonghyun

Just want you to know that it’s over between me and Im Yoona. She broke up with me last night. I need someone to talk to. Let’s meet here.

 

“Oh my goodness. Yoona and Jonghyun broke up.” Yonghwa said.

“Chincharo?” Seohyun’s mother reacted.

“Booo?” Seohyun, really shocked.

“Ye. Jonghyun sent me a text.” Yonghwa re-reading the message.

“Oh my God. So that’s what Yoona unnie will tell me. Oh my God.” Seohyun’s worried.

“Omo. What happened?” Seohyun’s mother asked.

“I don’t know Omoni. I think I should call Jonghyun later.”

“Yes babe.” Seohyun said.

“Okay. Yaah. What happened to them? Is it because they seldom see each other?” Yonghwa asked Seohyun.

“Maybe that’s a factor. But they always seldom see each other. Why just now?” Seohyun started sharing her ideas.

“There must be a deep reason Babe.”

 

They discussed for a few more minutes until Yoona arrived at the door. She knocked and called Seohyun’s name.

 

“Yah. Seohyuna.” Yoona’s voice from the door.

 

Seohyun ran to the door and opened for her.

 

“Unnie!!!” Seohyun hugged Yoona tightly at the door.

“Hmm! Wae?”

“Ei. I just learned what happened.” Seohyun broke the hug and pulled Yoona inside and closed the door.

“What about?”

“About you and Jonghyun Oppa.”

“Ahh. So he did tell everyone already?”

“I don’t know unnie. He texted Yonghwa. He’s on the line.”

 

The two walked to the dining area.

 

“Omoni. Good morning.” Yoona, trying to look okay. She gave a quick hug at Seohyun’s mother.

“Hi. Good morning. Are you okay?” Seohyun’s mother asked after the hug.

“I feel better now Omoni.”

“That’s good to hear.” Seohyun’s mother replied and then she focused now on serving the breakfast.

“Oppa! Long time no see.” Yoona spoke on the phone as she sat on her seat.

“Ei. What happened huh?” Yonghwa asked Yoona while Seohyun sat beside Yoona.

“We both got tired Oppa. He wanted some space but tsk. Yaaah. I realized I think we needed this. I’m hurt. I’m really hurt.” Yoona, trying not to cry.

“Unnie. Why? Is it because of work? Of schedule? Wae?” Seohyun asked as she grabbed Yoona’s hand.

“Last night was the first time we see each other for almost a month. Actually, it was all because of Lee Seunggi Oppa. He knew we bumped into each other few days ago. I know I should’ve informed him but tsk. We’re neighbors. He told me he’s tired of arguing about him.”

“But he told me you broke up with him.” Yonghwa commented.

“De. I decided to end the relationship because after everything we’ve been through, he’s still can’t trust me. He didn’t trust me at all. He chose to work the relationship despite the situation. God knows I did everything. I swallowed my pride. I did everything. But still, we always fight about him. We always argue about him. I don’t know. I’m sick and tired of the guilty feeling. I always feel it’s all because of me after all. It’s so disappointing. So I think the best way’s to end our relationship.” Yoona’s eyes teary.

“Do you still love him?” Seohyun asked.

“Of course. He’s the only man I love. He’s the only man that I will love. It’s just that, we both hurted each other.”

“Aigoo. That man! He can’t stand by his words.” Yonghwa commented.

“Ei. Babe. Oppa has reasons. Let’s respect them.” Seohyun replied to Yonghwa.

“Yeah. You know, I realized that we need this. To think. I understand him Oppa. I know. I know. Haish. I don’t know what I’m feeling right now.”

“You’ll be fine unnie. You’ll be fine.” Seohyun gave a hug to Yoona.

“I’ll talk to him. We’ll fix this okay?” Yonghwa’s voice, serious and sincere.

“Gomawo Oppa, Joohyuna.” Yoona succeeded of not crying. She gave Seohyun a smile.

 

“Enough first of the sad feelings. I cooked a very special breakfast for you Yoona. I know you missed this.” Seohyun’s mother butted in and started serving the food, one by one.

“Wooow! I missed your cooking Omoni. When I get back, I’ll eat there.” Yonghwa excitedly said to Seohyun’s mother.

“Babe.” Seohyun called Yonghwa’s attention.

“Oppa. It’s for me! Merong.” Yoona smiled.

“Okay okay. I know how much Seohyun loves you. Hehe.”

“You’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter