A Love To Last

YongSeo Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

October 12. It was almost midnight when Yoona, Jang Dong Gun, Choi Minho and Son Ye Jin we’re still outside of Busan strolling around Haeundae. They went to some of the food stalls and spent some time together with their respective managers.

 

 

Yoona earlier MCed with Jang Dong Gun at the opening ceremony of Busan International Film Festival where Son Ye Jin and Choi Minho  were part of the red carpet. Despite the last minute advise, Yoona thanked the organizers for considering her. It was a great opportunity for her to meet her friends from the acting industry and to meet some directors from Korea and outside Korea.

 

They settled to a small restaurant. They ate and drank soju together. They talked about each other’s work and future plans. Until Son Ye Jin opened up about Lee Jonghyun.

 

“You have a boyfriend right?” Son Ye Jin asked.

“Before unnie. We broke up weeks ago. Hmm. It’s almost two months now I think? Aniyo. 1 and a half.” Yoona had another shot of soju.

“Wae? What happened? He cheated on you?”

“Aniyo Unnie. He didn’t cheat on me.”

“Why? What happened?”

“Hmm. How will I explain it unnie? I saw him with someone. And that someone is kissing him.”

“Oh, eotteoke? You said he didn’t cheat on you.”

“He didn’t kiss back unnie.”

“So why did you break up with him?”

“I don’t know unnie. I love him so much. I really really love him. I tried unnie. But I can’t do it anymore. I can’t go back to him.”

“Can’t you trust him again?”

“I can’t do it anymore unnie. I’m so tired. I’m so tired of hurting. I’m so tired of breaking, picking up the pieces, being whole again and then being broken again. I’m so tired of getting hurt over and over again. I’m so tired of risking again with him. I can’t do it anymore unnie.” Yoona, another soju.

“Well. You said, it’s been over for almost two months now. How are you? Are you coping? I mean, do you really want him out of your life even though you love him so much? Because as I can see, you really really love him.” Son Ye Jin followed Yoona with the soju.

“Ei, unnie. Is love enough? I mean, is love enough to make everything work again? I don’t think so unnie. All the people that I loved just hurt me. They all just caused me pain. Hmm. You think unnie the problem is on me? Did I really not love? Did I really lack? I tried to love with all I can. I tried and gave my everything whole-heartedly. Is the love that I give him not enough for him to cause me so much pain?”

“Ohh, Yoona. If you say that, and I think that’s what you are right now. You said you lacked. Yah. I think you counted and quantified  love. You shouldn’t do it Yoona. You should never counted the love you give or the love you received. It never works that way. If you truly love him, you shouldn’t quantify and counted. You shouldn’t expect that the love you give him is the same love you should receive from him. It’s never that way. Don’t ever let that thinking dictate you if you were loved or you love.”

 

The tears of Yoona quickly fell as she listened to the words of Son Ye Jin. After all, the senior was right. Yoona realized everything that the senior said. She was right. Yoona always expect something from Jonghyun. All she thought was she was loving him so much and expecting something the same in return; that most of the time when they were together, she felt like she’s the only one loving and that Jonghyun’s taking her for granted.

 

“Ohh. You’re crying! Wae wae? I’m right? Hahaha.” Son Ye Jin comforted Yoona and patted her shoulder. “I’m sorry Yoona. Ei, I thought you’re okay with it. You still love him. You really do love him Yoona.”

“Unnie eotteoke?” Yoona stopped and smiled to Son Ye Jin. “What shall I do?”

“I don’t know? Hmm. If I were you, I’ll go back to him and tell him that I love him. I’ll go back and say sorry.” Son Ye Jin smiled back to Yoona as she continued comforting her.

“You think he’ll forgive me?”

“What do you think? I only met him like twice or thrice? Hmm. He’s a good man.”

“Kamsahamnida Ye Jin Unnie. Really, kamsahamnida.”

“Hahaha. Enough of the drama. Let’s eat! Let’s drink! Hahah!”

“De unnie.”

 

The two, again had another shot of soju. They continued talking about Jonghyun; mostly, Yoona speaking about happy memories with him.

 

Choi Minho and Jang Dong Gun then joined the conversation as the gentlemen finished their own topic.

 

“What was that you’re talking about?” Jang Dong Gun asked the ladies.

“We were talking about Yoona-sshi’s boyfriend.” Son Ye Jin answered.

“Ah. My son? Hahaha.” Jang Dong Gun joked.

“Oh, Oppa. You know who he is?”

“Ei. Of course. I remember when we were still filming A Gentleman’s Dignity. He always talk about you; how beautiful you are, how kind you are, and how lucky he is to have you as his girlfriend.”

“Oh, chinchayo Oppa?” Yoona was surprised to know that trivial thing.

“Ohh. He’s really in love with you.” Jang Dong Gun replied.

“Aigoo. Jonghyun Hyung is a love sick puppy.” Minho joined.

“Yah. Minho-yah.” Yoona looked at Minho and rolled her eyes.

“Ei, enough of that.” Son Ye Jin put her arm around Yoona’s shoulder.

“Wae? Is there something wrong?” Jang Dong Gun asked Yoona. “Are you still together?”

“We’re still together Oppa.” Yoona shyly replied.

“Ohhh. Really huh?” Minho reacted.

“Yah! Choi Minho!” Yoona started to get irritated with Minho.

“Ohh, miane noona. Mian.”

 

The rest of the night was filled with serious conversations about acting, about life and about love.

 

Almost 2 in the morning when Yoona and her team went back to the hotel and had their respective rests.

 

Yoona, while on the bed, after freshening herself, thought about everything that Son Ye Jin told her. She had her thoughts and realizations about everything. Son Ye Jin was right. All she said was right.

 

She then called Donghae.

 

“Hello.”

“Hello. Oppa. It’s me.”

“Who’s this?”

“It’s me. Im Yoona.”

“Oh, Yoona. Annyeong.”

“Oppa. I just wanted to ask. Am I hard to love?”

“Huh? Why did you ask?”

“I just want to know.”

“Sometimes. Sometimes it’s hard. You know, you’re giving everything. You love whole-heartedly. When I did something wrong to you, I felt like I’m just so bad. I’m the worst person. You expect everyone is like you. You expect everyone is loving like you. We all know we love differently. Not everyone is like you, or like me. Just like when we were together. I loved you just as much as I think I know how will I love you.”

 

Yoona cried and then hanged up.

 

She cried remembering her relationship with Donghae. And she reflected on how she loved all the men she’s been with over the years and related it on her relationship with Jonghyun.

 

Until she fell asleep contemplating.

 

 

October 13. Yoona woke up almost 6 in the morning and decided to visit Jonghyun’s family since she’s in Busan. She dressed up and asked her manager to send her to Jonghyun’s family.

 

7:15 when she arrived with her manager riding the taxi.

 

“Oppa, I’ll call you when I’m done.” Yoona told her manager.

“I’ll pick you up at 3.” Yoona’s manager said.

“Oh, chinchayo Oppa?”

“De. You can stay here.”

“Wah! Kamsahamnida Oppa!” Yoona was happy. She then stepped out of the taxi and entered Jonghyun’s home.

 

She was already at the doorstep and pushed the doorbell. She waited for a few moments until Jonghyun’s mother opened the door.

 

“Oh!!! Yoona-sshi!” Jonghyun’s mother was surprised to see Yoona in front of her. She hasn’t get over with her son having such a beautiful, celebrity girlfriend, even after 5 years.

“Good morning Omoni!” Yoona hugged Jonghyun’s mother and her tears started to fall but she tried to control it.

“Ohh, I’m so happy you’re here!” Jonghyun’s mother broke the hug and pulled Yoona inside.

 

“I thought you won’t drop by.” Jonghyun’s mother was holding Yoona’s hand as they slowly walk to the kitchen.

“I won’t miss this chance to visit you Omoni.” Yoona was happy to be at Jonghyun’s place.

“Have you eaten breakfast?”

“Not yet Omoni. Hmm. I came here to join for breakfast, if I may?”

“Ei, of course! Come.”

 

Jonghyun’s mother have Yoona to the kitchen. Yoona then greeted Jonghyun’s father who’s having his coffee and his iPad.

 

“Good morning Apuji.” Yoona bowed to Jonghyun’s father.

“Oh, Yoona-sshi.” Jonghyun’s father warmly welcomed Yoona with a quick hug. “Join us!” Jonghyun’s father pulled the chair on the dining table for Yoona.

“Kamsahamnida Apuji.” Yoona sat and kept smiling to see Jonghyun’s parents.

 

“Yoona, would you want coffee or hot chocolate?” Jonghyun’s mother asked.

“Coffee, please Omoni.”

“Hahaha. Arasseo.”

 

“Your mother and I were discussing earlier if we would see you since we knew you’ll be here in Busan.” Jonghyun’s father started the conversation with Yoona.

“They invited me just a few days ago Apuji since the original MC can’t make it to the event.” Yoona replied and comfortably loosen herself up to Jonghyun’s parent.

“Ahhh. Thank you for dropping by Yoona. This is unexpected.” Jonghyun’s father smiled.

“Oh, kenchanayo Apuji. It’s been a while since I visited here. And I missed you too,”

“That’s so nice of you, Yoona. Really, thank you. Anyway, you look so beautiful last night, Yoona-sshi. And you did well MCing.”

“Oh, about that. Ye, kamsahamnida Apuji.

 

Jonghyun’s mother served the coffee to Yoona and then she continued preparing the breakfast.

 

Just minutes after, the three then all ate breakfast. While eating, they had casual conversation. Yoona asked how Jonghyun’s parents were since their two daughters already got married and how was it living just the two of them in Busan. Jonghyun’s parents also asked about SNSD.

 

“We saw it on the news Yoona. How’s your group now?” Jonghyun’s mother asked.

“Our three members left the agency and they were currently choosing their new agency.”

“So SoShi will disband? Ohh. Andwe.” Jonghyun’s mother added.

“Aniyo Omoni. The company want it to retain the group and so with the members. Right now, as our three members find for a new agency, SM want to retain the group and have a collaboration with the new agencies of the three members.”

“That’s a relief. Hopefully everything goes well with the negotiations.” Jonghyun’s mother commented.

“De Omoni. I personally hope for its success too. We still owe it all to the fans and I think they don’t deserve something like this.” Yoona got a little bit serious.

“The entire nation loves Girls’ Generation!” Jonghyun’s father added.

“Hahaha. Kamsahamnida Apuji.”

 

They finished breakfast almost 8:15. Yoona and Jonghyun’s mother cleaned the kitchen while Jonghyun’s father prepared to go to work.

 

 

Yoona then opened up about her and Jonghyun while at the living room seated on the sofa.

 

“Omoni, I want to say sorry.”

“For what Yoona?”

“For breaking Jonghyun’s heart.”

“Ei, aniya. Jonghyun did something wrong to you. You should not be sorry.”

“No Omoni. In a way, I also contributed to what happened to us. I expected too much from him Omoni. I expected something more from him. I’m loving him too much that I expected that I should be loved like how I love him. And I realized that shouldn’t be the case Omoni.” Yoona’s tears started to fall.

“Aigoo. Yoona. Thank you for loving my son so much.” Jonghyun’s mother placed her arm around Yoona’s shoulder as she comforts her.

“I’m sorry again Omoni.”

“Kenchana Yoona-yah. Aigoo.”

 

 

Meanwhile, Jonghyun’s father gave a call to Jonghyun.

 

“Hello Appa.” Jonghyun answered while cooking his breakfast

“Where are you?”

“Just at home Appa. I’m cooking breakfast right now.”

“Yoona’s here.”

“Oh. Jeongmal? Wah.” Jonghyun was stopped.

“Aren’t you coming here? It’s been more than a month now.”

“I don’t know Appa. This is all my fault. This is all my fault. I mean, after all the years, I thought it’s gonna be her. I’m ready to start my life with her. But I still failed. Why do I always fail?” Jonghyun started to get serious.

“Don’t be too hard on yourself Son. Don’t be too harsh.”

“Ani. Appa. It’s really my fault.”

“Compared to what you did, I did a lot more that caused your mother so much pain when we were still young.”

“But she never left you Appa.”

“De. She loved me despite all my imperfections. And I give all the credit for our happy relationship. Your mother is a wonderful and beautiful woman.”

“Why Yoona? I love her so much Appa. But still, she left me.”

“It’s a relationship son. We fail, we stand, we fail, we stand, we fail, we stand. And it’s not just one decision. She has to decide too. And what we can do is to respect whatever decision she makes.”

“Aigoo Appa. I want to go home and see you.”

“Why don’t you come home son?”

“Yoona. Take care of her there Appa. I think she has schedule tonight.”

“Arasseo. Himnae son. I still hope you two should patch things up. But I said, whatever it is, we have to respect it, arasseo?”

“De Appa. I understand. Please send my love to Omma.”

“Yes I will.”

 

The father and son bid goodbyes and then Jonghyun continued cooking while his father stepped out of his room.

 

“Oh, Yeobo. I’ll go ahead. Yoona.” Jonghyun’s father said as he watch the two ladies talk.

“De Yeobo. Take care.” Jonghyun’s mother excused herself from Yoona and bid her goodbye to her husband.

“Apuji, take care. Thank you.” Yoona smiled from her seat.

 

Moments after, Jonghyun’s mother came back to Yoona and talked again about Jonghyun.

 

 

“Omoni, how did you do it? I mean, you and Apuji. After all these years.”

“It was never easy. Honestly, I have all the reasons before to hate and leave Jonghyun’s father. He cheated on me; right in front of me. But I don’t know. I love him so much that I was able to accept all his wrong-doings. I love him that I ignored all his flaws. I just love him. That’s all.”

“I love Jongie so much Omoni. I love him.”

“I wouldn’t want any other daughter except you. You’re the only woman I would want for my only son.”

“Thank you Omoni. In spite of everything, you and Apuji still welcome me here.”

“I know soon, you two would be able to talk. Whether you’ll keep the relationship or continue moving forward, as parents all we have to do is to support you and to respect your decision.”

“Always thank you Omoni.”

 

The mood became lighter. Jonghyun’s mother changed the topic. They talked about the event last night, the upcoming event tonight and her future plans.

 

Late in the morning when Jonghyun’s mother and Yoona cooked some foods for Yoona to bring back in Seoul for her family, and for Jonghyun and his bandmates. Jonghyun’s mother taught Yoona some Busan recipes, and they both even baked some cookies. It was indeed a perfect mother-daughter moment.

 

They ate lunch together and bonded well.

 

Exactly 3 when Yoona’s manager came with a taxi at Jonghyun’s home.

 

“Omoni, I will go home right after the event. The foods won’t spoil right?” Yoona while carrying a bag full of side dishes and some foods for the people in Seoul.

“De. It won’t. Just keep it open and with air.”

“De Omoni. Thank you so much for today. Really, my stay in Busan is amazing.”

“Thank you too Yoona for visiting. Now I miss my daughters more.”

“Aigoo. I’ll call unnie and tell her to visit you.”

“Hahaha. Kenchana. You’re my daughter too.”

“Kamsahamnida Omoni.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter