Wrong Timing

YongSeo Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September 20. Jonghyun was with his fishing buddies for their catching session. He has been busy with his work and was contemplating for almost three weeks now since Yoona called it quits.

 

*flashback*

August 26. Almost 10 in the evening when Yoona arrived at the parking area of Jonghyun’s house. She decided to surprise Jonghyun after a long day at a pictorial.

 

Jonghyun had visitors at home. The group of friends he’s with during the Coldplay concert; including three men, Park Shin Hye and her cousin. They started drinking early in the afternoon. The group ate, watched movies and drank soju and wine.

 

Park Shin Hye was already drunk after almost hours of drinking. The group were seated on the floor at the living room still drinking. Park Shin Hye was seated beside Jonghyun to his right, and her cousin to his left. The three other men were seated beside Park Shin Hye through her cousin.

 

“I don’t know why until now I’m so confused with my heart? Yah. You. Lee Jonghyun. Can’t you love me? Huh?” Park Shin Hye cupped Jonghyun’s face. He was shocked by Park Shin Hye’s action.

“Wooo! Lee Jonghyun!” The rest of the group teased Jonghyun and Park Shin Hye.

“Ei, Shin Hye. You’re already drunk.” Jonghyun, refusing Park Shin Hye as she started getting closer to him.

“Tell me? What’s wrong with me? Am I not beautiful? Come on. Lee Jonghyun. Tell me?” The alcohol was already all over Park Shin Hye’s body system.

“Yah! Yah! Shin Hye. Please, you’re drunk. Please stop now.” Jonghyun, trying to removed Park Shin Hye’s both hands on his face.

 

And then Park Shin Hye suddenly kissed Jonghyun on the lips.

 

The group cheered and teased Park Shin Hye and Jonghyun. The laughed and screamed as Park Shin Hye deepens her kiss on Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun was totally shocked on what Park Shin Hye did. He never expected her to do such a thing to him knowing she was aware that he has a girlfriend.

 

And so, quickly Jonghyun tried to let go of the kiss by holding Park Shin Hye’s hand holding his face; pushing her away.

 

“Yah! Shin Hye! Stop it!” Jonghyun, trying to escape from the trap.

 

 

Yoona arrived at the doorstep at the same time. She keyed in the passcode and comfortably entered Jonghyun’s house.

 

By surprise, she just saw her boyfriend on a kiss with the famous actress.

 

Yoona dropped the key of her car which made a sound to the living room. The audiences of Park Shin Hye and Jonghyun saw Im Yoona standing beside the door which made them all stopped.

 

Jonghyun successfully escaped from Park Shin Hye’s trap.

 

“Never do that again.” Jonghyun uttered to Park Shin Hye with a serious tone.

 

And then Jonghyun noticed that his visitors’ attention were at the door. And so he looked back and saw his girlfriend, holding back her tears.

 

“Oh .” Jonghyun said as their eyes met.

 

Yoona then ran outside the house to the elevator. She didn’t know what to feel. All she really wanted was to leave that place and go away from Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun ran and followed Yoona as quickly as he can. He called for Yoona’s name while running to catch her.

 

“Yoona! Love!” Jonghyun, while running.

 

But the elevator’s door was just almost an inch away to totally close when he arrived to catch Yoona.

 

“Yoona!” He exclaimed.

 

 

Inside the elevator, Yoona burst into tears. She cried as she feel the most painful feeling she felt her entire life. It was more than the break ups she felt from her past relationships. It was more than the endless practices of dancing and singing during her training. It was more than the sleepless nights promoting her album. She cried seeing her boyfriend kissing another woman. She’s been fighting for their relationship for the past months. She’s struggling to longer her patience and make her love for Jonghyun shine above all in their relationship. But she got tired. She reached her point. That was it. She hold on to wall of the elevator as she tried to balance herself.

 

 

Jonghyun ran to the nearby stairs. He was situated on the 10th floor and so he struggled to get down to the ground floor to catch Yoona.

 

 

As the elevator door opened, Yoona ran to her car and get inside. She immediately started the car and drove towards the exit of the building.

 

Jonghyun reached the ground floor and as fast as he can, ran to the parking area. But she saw Yoona’s car already at the exit point and headed north.

 

 

Jonghyun never expected Yoona to come at his house. But moreso he didn’t expect Park Shin Hye to kiss him. Timing. It was the worst timing ever. Jonghyun felt unsure with the situation. Knowing Yoona; being vocal and affectionate, he knew their relationship was in trouble. Who would’ve want seeing her boyfriend on a kiss with another woman? With so much anxiety and guilt, he walked back to his house.

 

 

As he arrived, Park Shin Hye was already being assisted by her cousin and her boyfriend. The other two were already cleaning the living room.

 

“I have to go. I have to follow my girlfriend.” Jonghyun said as he get his wallet, his car keys and his cap.

 

Without goodbyes, he stepped out again and walked to the parking area to follow Yoona.

 

 

Yoona drove her car as fast as she can while she cries. She cried out loud replaying that scene on her mind. It was beyond the dramas her boyfriend filmed. It was different. It was the same kiss Jonghyun and Yoona shared with. She didn’t witness a drama.

 

She arrived at her house almost after 15 minutes of driving. Still crying, she rushed inside her room and started packing her things. She took out a small traveller’s bag and started putting in some of her clothes and important things.

 

 

In just a short interval, Jonghyun arrived at Yoona’s house. He entered the passcode and rushed to Yoona’s room.

 

He saw Yoona currently zipping the traveller’s bag and was about to leave.

 

“Love. Whatever you saw a while ago, it’s not what you think.” Jonghyun started explaining as he moved in front of Yoona.

“How do you expect me to believe that? I saw you. You. Park Shin Hye. Kissing. What else?” Yoona started crying hard.

“Love, she was drunk. She kissed me. And I tried pushing her away. And I pushed her away. Please believe me.”

“I saw you kissing her!” Yoona’s voice started to louden as she cried her pain out to her boyfriend.

“Love, I didn’t kiss her. Please, trust me!” Jonghyun leveled his tone with Yoona.

“Since then I kept on telling you to avoid her. I kept on telling you that she likes you and she’s flirting with you. But you insisted that all my paranoias are non-sense. And I trusted you. I understand you. I believed in you, because I love you. I threw all those away because I love you! I love you. But this, Lee Jonghyun? Cham. I don’t want this anymore. I’m giving up. I’ve had enough!"

 

Yoona carried her bag and moved to walk out. But Jonghyun stopped her by hugging her from her back.

 

“Hey Love. Please. No. Don’t do this to us. Please Love. I don’t want you to go. Please. No.” Jonghyun hugged Yoona tight as she uttered the words while his tears started falling.

“Yah! Lee Jonghyun. Let me go! I don’t want this anymore! We're done!” Yoona moving her arms to escape from Jonghyun’s hug.

“No. No. Love. Please. I’m begging you. Not now. No. Don’t leave me.” Jonghyun, begging to Yoona.

 

But Yoona was strong enough to escape from Jonghyun. She walked away out of her room the doorstep of her house. She walked back to the parking area and stepped inside the car.

 

She cried hard and remembered all the hardships she and Jonghyun faced over their five years relationship; from their secret courtship, to Lee Seunggi scandal, to Jonghyun’s We Got Married and drama and to all other complications their relationship went through.

 

After some moments of crying and contemplating, she composed her self and started driving.

 

She wanted to go away from Jonghyun and away from her family. As much as she wanted to stay home and lock herself up, she felt embarrassed because over the years, she fought her relationship with her family and with Jonghyun’s family. She fought their relationship with the company she’s under with. And she didn’t want this to be known. She then decided to stay at a hotel to have time for herself and to contemplate.

 

She checked in at Conrad Seoul and spent the rest of the night there.

 

Jonghyun stayed at Yoona’s room. He sat on her bed and like Yoona, contemplated on the event happened today. He cried because of guilt and regret. He’s responsible for this mess in their relationship. And he’s taking responsibility.

 

 

Almost 2 in the morning when Yoona called her sister.

 

“Hello? Yoona?” Yoona’s older sister answered.

“Unnie.” Yoona started crying like a baby.

“Omo? Where are you? Huh? Why are you crying?”

“Unnie.” Yoona didn’t speak and just cried out loud.

“Is this about your boyfriend?”

“Unnie. Why is it so hard to love? It’s so painful unnie.” Yoona continued crying.

“Cham. I knew it. Where are you? Does Appa know about this?”

“Aniyo Unnie. I need you.”

“Where are you?”

“At Conrad.”

“Okay, I’ll be there.”

 

Yoona hanged up and cried. Aside from her closest friends and Lee Jonghyun, she’s open to her sister.

 

 

Jonghyun stayed the rest of the night at Yoona’s room. He lied to her bed and unknowingly fell asleep almost 3 in the morning.

 

 

Yoona’s older sister arrived at her room almost 3:30 in the morning. Yoona opened the door as soon as she heard it was her sister.

 

As her sister entered, she hugged her tight and cried again.

 

“Shhh. Kenchana. Yoongie.” Yoona’s sist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter