Chapter 99

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Back to Kim's POV for good]

I tossed and turned in my sleep. This happened every night, every night the same nightmare.

I was running through a forest, on each tree a blurry image. I was going too fast, running too fast to focus on the images. But I couldn't stop. There was something chasing me, so I couldn't stop. Every night I saw a little cave that I could fit in but the thing chasing me couldn't. Every night I got a step closer to it, but I woke up right when the thing grabbed me.

With a gasp I sat up. I was so close. I was so close to just stepping into that cave. I gripped my blanket with tight fists and waited for the shaking in my body to stop.

I the light beside my bed and looked at the pictures in the photo album once more. Some of the pictures looked like they could've been on one of the trees, but I couldn't tell for sure.

I couldn't sleep again after that. I just laid there in my bed, dependent on others to move around. At about midnight, Jiyong-ssi came into my room smelling freshly of smoke. There might've been some alcohol, but if there was, I couldn't tell.

I pretended to be asleep until the first rays of sunlight, which came too late for my taste. Then I made an act of waking up, in case he was awake, which most of the time he wasn't. I turned to face him and just stared at his sleeping self. I wish I knew more about him the way he does about me.

When he woke up I looked away and then back at him to catch him staring at me.

"Morning." I croaked, my voice still raw from being unused all night.

"Morning." he replied. "How'd you sleep?"

"Well. Just like every other night." I lied. No use in worrying him, was there?

He nodded. "Hungry? I could get you some food."

I shook my head no, but my stomach grum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter