Chapter 2

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So I took Jessica back to my office-tel in Bucheon. It was a long 50 minutes but we spoke and when we ran out of things to talk about she simply pulled out her smartphone and started playing games. Just another reminder, I sighed to myself.

The concert she came here for, the BIGBANG concert, it was on the weekend. A few more days. When she found out that I had no idea who this band was, she went insane for a bit.

"You live in the same country and I know more about them then you do? That's crazy!" I failed to mention that it was impossible to know every person in South Korea.

She grabbed my laptop. She Google searched "bigbang" and clicked on the images tab. She waited for it to load and clicked on her choice of "best picture" and turned the laptop to face me. Five guys stared back at me.

"You see, that one's G-Dragon. He's the leader and a rapper. His real name is Jiyong." She pointed to one of them. In the picture he had long hair on one side, with the ends colored. Then she went over to another. "This one's T.O.P, he's also a rapper. His name is Choi Seunghyun. He's my favorite!" she giggled. T.O.P had blue hair and a handsome face. "That one's D-Lite, or Daesung." she pointed to one with blonde hair covering one eye. "He's SOL, or Taeyang or Youngbae." The guy she pointed at had a mohawk kinda thing going on.

"So with a guy with that many alternative names, what do you call him?" I asked her.

"I like Taeyang best." So Taeyang it was.

She went on to the last one. "His stage name is V.I, for victory, get it?" I nodded, even though I didn't, actually. "Well his name is Seungri. Full name: Lee Seunghyun."

"You know, G-Dragon doesn't really look like a dragon to me." I was just playing along with her, just to have fun.

"No!! His stage name comes from his first name, Jiyong. See, Ji sounds like the letter G, right? Right?" It took me a second to realize she was actually waiting for my answer. I nodded. "And yong means dragon, right?" I nodded again. "So if you put the two together, what do you get?"

"G-Dragon!" we said together.

"Rank them." I told her. I just wanted to see what she'd say.

"What?"

"Rank them. Tell me the order of you favorites."

"Okay, well, obviously T.O.P first." Obviously. "Then there's..." she thought for a bit. "Taeyang. And Seungri and Daesung. And last is GD."

"Don't you like G-Dragon?" I asked her.

"It's not that I don't like him, it's that someone has to come last, and I just like the others more."

She had a valid point.

The next few days went by so quickly neither of us noticed. During those days, I helped Jess put her things in her room, (I used to have a roommate but she moved in with her boyfriend) and we went out to see some places too. We went to restaurants a lot. When I had to go to work, she'd sit down in the waiting area to read magazines and watch TV (even if she couldn't understand either). My coworkers loved her. They would play with her on their breaks and spoil her with treats on their lunch hours. Sometimes if I wasn't busy on someone else and if my manager wasn't around, I'd do her hair all fancy and curled.

Then, all of a sudden it's the weekend and all I hear is BIGBANG this and BIGBANG that. The concert was on Sunday night. It was Saturday afternoon. We went to the mall. She insisted on buying something new for meeting BIGBANG. See, this is something she hadn't told me yet. Not only did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter