Chapter 64

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don't think Mr. Song understood a word of the abrupt goodbye I fired out, but I ran out anyway, leaving him pretty confused. I quickly stopped a cab, got in and gave him directions to the hospital in Seoul that she was in.

When I got there, I was calmer than earlier, and I payed the driver and ran out to the building. I ran up to the front desk, got her room number and bolted upstairs. The elevator would take too long. I collected myself at the door and opened it. There she was, alive and everything, with her parents at her bedside.

She looked up and saw me, she looked away. I smiled as I walked up to her bed.

"Mom... Dad..." she said quietly. "Could you leave us alone please?"

Her parents walked out slowly.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her.

"Surprisingly, tired." she said. She wouldn't meet my gaze. "Kim, I'm sor-"

I wouldn't let her finish. "No. Don't go there. I've forgotten, and it's been years since the cast was taken off." I say on the edge of her bed, grazing my eyes over the IV hooked to her arm. "Wow. You're actually alive!" I felt tears of joy sting my eyes.

"You can't forgive me that easily, Kim!" she said.

"Don't worry. I held a grudge against you for the first two years. I'm over it."

She stayed silent for a bit. "Mom says the doctors were about to give up on me."

"To tell you the truth, I thought they already had." I held her hand and squeezed lightly.

"I'm sorry, Kim. I made a mistake, and I'll never do it again, I promise."

"Well you better have learned your lesson. Or else it would've been three good years gone to waste." I traced the outline of her hand.

It didn't matter what happened in the past. She was my best friend, closer than Kelly and Chaehin and Jaeminhi and Hooyoung and Soo Yun and Myung Hee and Young Soon. She knew everything that happened, before the accident, anyway.

"It was was all Chris' fault. And he isn't here. Do you know where he is?" Nel asked me.

I shook my head. He may as well have dropped off the face of the Earth, he was pretty silent. He must've found another girl to ruin her life. Nel scoffed.

"Of course. Geu sseki..." she muttered. Her eyes drooped sleepily.

"You get some rest. I'll be back soon, and you can call me whenever you want to." I go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter