Chapter 93

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The media couldn't get enough of this proposal... And they didn't even know it wasn't the first. The best part about it was now I got to wear my ring in public. It was awesome!

The tornado turned out... To be an understatement. Everything was everywhere and the ground was nowhere to be seen. Jiyong was helping me to clean up.

"Where do these go?" he asked, holding a stack of little stationary papers.

"Just put the papers on my desk." I said. I folded a shirt and put it back in the dresser.

"And these?" he asked. He was holding just more paper.

"Desk." I said and grabbed the next tee.

"What's with all these papers anyway?" I looked over at him and he was reading the one at the top. I nearly leaped, but it was too late. "Kim..."

"Before you say anything, they don't matter to me." I said.

He looked confused. I looked at the paper he was reading and found one of the letters he'd written me.

"Phew. You're not reading what I thought you were reading..." I breathed. He got even more confused.

"And what did you think I was reading?"

"It doesn't matter." I had thought he was reading the hate messages, the tiny meaningless one-liners.

"Well now it does." He shuffled through the papers some more and came back golden. He'd found them.

"Again, they mean nothing to me." I repeated.

He read each and every one of them, something even I had never done. He got angrier and angrier. "Who would say such things?!" He looked up at me with a look so fierce, it scared me. "Why didn't you tell me?!" He didn't wait for my answer. He stood up briskly. He looked through the piles of paper on my desk. He must've found another one because he picked it out of the pile. He read it, then shredded it to pieces. He did the same to the ones already in his hands.

"Ji..." he didn't hear me. "Jiyong!" I yelled. My fists were clenched at my side and I was sitting on my knees. "Stop it, you're scaring me!"

He ripped up the last one and breathed heavily. He slowly turned around to face me and crouched down. He wiped away at nothing on my face. I wasn't crying, I was sure of it. At least, I think I wasn't crying.

"I... I'm sorry, Kim. I don't know what came over me. I just saw all those things, and the cursing and it just set off something. I'm sorry I scared you." He hugged me, but I think he was trying to comfort himself more than me.

"It's okay, it's over, it's passed." I said, still a bit shaken. "I really don't care what they say. Never again, remember?" I reminded him of our promise a couple years ago, the day we went to my father's for breakfast.

"Never again." he whispered into my hair. He kissed my head. He stood up and pulled me with him. "Let's go out and get some fresh air." He held my hand and led me to the door in my oversized t-shirt and black leggings. I hardly had time to get my sneakers on.

"Ji, at least let me cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter