Chapter 109

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"G-Dragon's Bad Luck: Why Do His Partners Constantly Seek Others?" was the headline on the following day's newspaper. I picked it up, curious. Right there, on the front page, was a picture of Yongho-oppa and I, from yesterday. He was pulling me forward, but from the angle of the camera, it looked like we were walking hand in hand.

I didn't even know what to think. I was baffled. Surely, the reporters must have identified Yongho-oppa, right? That's right, the caption of the photo was, and I quote, "Lee Kim (34) is seen with Hwang Yongho (36) coming out of the dormitory building holding hands."

We were not! I was being dragged out, mind you! Leave it to the press to twist up any situation. I read on.

"In the late afternoon of Wednesday, September 14, 2022 Lee Kim, fiancée of BIGBANG leader Kwon Jiyong, was spotted hand in hand with coworker Hwang Yongho outside of HQ Modelling dormitories. This leaves the question: is there a secret relationship going on? More on page 18."

This is absurd. No, this is beyond absurd. You know, I'm glad the media doesn't know I'm not a model at HQ anymore, or else Yongho and I wouldn't even be coworkers in their eyes. S**t! How am I supposed to get out of this one? I am really looking for someone to strangle right now.

Speaking of people to strangle, I have to meet up with Mi Heng in... One hour. I have one hour to solve as much of this as possible. Dammit!

I called Yongho-oppa. He didn't answer. He's probably sleeping, that brat. I plunked down onto my bed devoid of energy.

I nervously dialed Jiyong's number.

"Kim, I'm kind of in the middle of something, what is it?" he asked, whispering.

"I know, I'm sorry, but it's an emergency! Have you read the papers today?"

"No, I haven't, why?"

"Ugh there's no time to explain!" I said, glancing back at my watch. 45 minutes till noon.

"Okay, how about I swing by your place on my way out of here?" he suggested.

"And when will that be?" I asked.

"At around... 1-ish, maybe 2?"

"Okay, perfect. Don't read the news until then, okay?"

"Uhhh, sure, I guess. Is that all? Because I have to go back."

"Yeah, I'll see you. I love you."

"I love you too."

The phone in my hand buzzed. It was a text from an unknown number.

«Unnie, don't be late!
-Mi Heng»

Great. That was all this day was missing, anyway. Man, I love my luck. You know, with this much stress and trauma, I'm surprised I haven't miscarried both babies yet. 

I hurried out the door wearing whatever my hand touched first in my drawer. A short black pencil skirt and a creme colored silk blouse. Well, I was going on business terms, was I not?

"Oh, you finally came." Mi Heng looked down at her wrist. "At twelve on the dot."

I sneered.

She gestured to the seat before her at the small wooden table. In front of her was a pink mug with what looked like hot chocolate and mini marshmallows

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter