Chapter 46

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I emptied out the last of my bags onto the floor. I shook another t-shirt out of it. I thought for a bit.

If I were a color, what color would I be?

I guess I could be fun, so like a bright pink and lime green. But then again, I could be very mopey sometimes, so like, gray and black. Or I could be childish, so maybe yellow? On the other hand, I could be very mature, so like a navy? I couldn't decide!

I saw then a white dress I hadn't noticed earlier. It was a modern-ish take on traditional Chinese dresses. It was definitely shorter, stopping just above my knee. The designs were, however, in rainbow colors. There was pretty much every color known to man. I had forgotten I even bought this dress, among others. It had a collar that stood up, though short. And the sleeves were short, but covered my shoulder. It had a butterfly and it's loopy trail following it along the skirt.

I wore a silver scarf around my neck, took one look in the mirror and took it off. I pulled my hair into two pigtails, at the bottom of my head with hair elastics I had originally bought for Ae Sook. They had little colorful pompoms. I brought them to the front and tightened them. I stuck my bangs away from my face with a pink, blue, and purple striped clip. I wore white socks from the same package as the other ones, but these ones had a pink stripe instead of a blue one.

I stepped out, this time not the first. Jaeminhi was already there. She wore a green dressy shirt and a darker green skirt. It suited her. Her hair was in a simple braid.

Kelly came out wearing yet some more bright pink, this time a summer dress with white polka-dots. Her hair was pulled backwards and tied with a bow.

Chaehin revealed herself, in a light blue that instantly brought a calm and soothing feeling to the room. She wore a blue off-the-shoulder top that gradiented into a white pleated skirt that stopped right at the knees.

We waited quietly for Hooyoung, who brought the fun back with an orange sweetheart necklined A-line dress. She had her hair in a side pony. 

"Great! You're all dressed! I'm just gonna go replace my camera's battery, I'll be back in a jiffy!" Mi Sun said. "You should look through the box and find something as your prop."

Kelly reopened the lid. Right there, on the top, she calls her dibs. "Mine!" she squeals, grabbing the little stuffed puppy before any of us have a chance to react. It looked like a golden retriever.

I looked into the props box and couldn't see anything at first, so I let the others go before me.

Chae found a little harp. Jae found A magazine, ironically with BIGBANG on the cover. We all had a good chuckle. Hooyoung looked through and found some fake fruits. She grabbed three oranges and started to juggle them.

When everyone had their prop I went back to the box and rummaged all the way to the bottom, where I found my jackpot. I pulled it up. It was a lollipop, a swirly colorful one, that was almost as big as my face. It was great, and best of all: it was real! It was real and still had the wrapping on it too.

The girls and I stood in front of the white screen. There was a camera pointing towards us, but it was off. We all practiced our poses with our props and then we hear Mi Sun close her door again. She comes back and is shocked to see us. All of a sudden she bursts out laughing.

"You... You guys realize..! That camera..! Is video taping...! Everything you're doing, right..?!" She falls over to the ground laughing.

We all look at each other in shock. "What?" Now we double over laughing as well, but we're all blushing and covering our faces while we do it.

After a good ten minutes of laughing, Mi Sun got us to calm down. She said she wanted to start with solo shots this time, so that she could use some imagination with the group shots. That was apparently code for danger to the outfits.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter