Chapter 9

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So..? How did it go?!" Jessica asked me when I went to pick her up from school. "Tell me every detail!!"

After the coffee, he had dropped me off at home. He offered to pick up Jess on our way, but I declined, saying I didn't want to trouble him any further than I already had.

"HE ASKED YOU ON A DATE, DIDN'T HE?!" she was freaking out more than I was about it.

Also, I knew she would act like this.

"No, you know even better than I do that they're on tour and don't have time to date." I said matter-of-factly.

Jessica groaned. "Just get married already, you're perfect for each other!!"

"Jessica!" I said. "I just met him like, a week ago!!"

"So? Me too! I still would marry T.O.P!" she burst in a fit of giggles and I shook my head, smiling.

"Hey, funny story, I got his signature." I mentioned and held up my cast.

"No. WAY!" she shrieked, blowing up my eardrums. "That's awesome!!!"

"Thing is, I'm getting my cast removed tomorrow." I said. "Not removed, actually but I'm getting a soft cast, to work more efficiently."

"Do you get to keep the cast?" Jessica asked.

"Sure what would they need it for?" I asked.

"Well they could sell it on eBay and make money for the hospital?" she shrugged. Her mind functioned differently.

It's harder than it sounds, driving with one arm unavailable. Sure, maybe a one-hand feel, but as soon as there's plaster over the arm unused, there's an issue. It needed getting used to. At least with the soft cast I'd have a little more freedom of use.

We got home and Jessica set the table. I didn't even tell her to. Hmm, that was nice of her. I wondered if she was being genuine or wanted something of me?

While she was taking care of what would've been my job, I went to go check the mail. A couple of ads, the magazine I was subscribed to, my one and only credit card bill and the gem of the bunch-- the hospital bill.

Now I've been here long enough to know the difference in health care between here and Canada, where it's free. Fortunately, I had never had to go to the hospital before. I have a strong immune system and I take care of myself. And the treatment I received wasn't small. So don't blame me for being scared to open the letter.

I walked back home, just staring at the envelope. I went inside. I looked at nothing but the envelope. So maybe if I hadn't I would've been less surprised when I finally looked up. 

"DAD!" I exclaimed, hiding the envelope behind me. "What a surprise! What are you doing here?" I went over and gave him a big hug.

"Oh, nothing! Your old man just heard some news that you were getting in some trouble so I've come to set you straight." he poked the cast playfully. I laughed.

I hadn't seen my dad since Christmas. I really missed him, but I was always too busy to go visit. And he couldn't come around as much as both of us would like. He insisted on living in Seoul while I tried to convince him to move closer.

"So, whatcha got there?" he ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter