Chapter 16

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He caught my eye and started to walk over. I gave him a tiny wave, almost as if to warn this guy beside me that he was coming.

The driver followed my gaze and met Joyong-ssi's. He turned back to me. "Boyfriend?" he asked.

I felt Jessica laugh. I shook my head. "Friend." I said.

"Traveling with him?"

"Um... Yes." It was odd for this stranger to be asking me.

Jiyong-ssi joined us, and nonchalantly threw his arm over my shoulders. The driver shot an eyebrow up at me.

"Anyounghasayo." Jiyong-ssi said. His voice woke up a really excited Jessica.

"Anyounghasayo." the driver said back coldly.

I frowned. This wasn't right. I lifted my hand to push his arm off my shoulders, but as soon as skin met skin, I felt like I couldn't pull away. Instead, my fingers bloomed minds of their own and interlocked with his.

The driver saw this and scoffed under his breath. He mumbled that he could leave now that he (cold emphasis on the second "he") was here. Jiyong-ssi watched him walk off.

"What's his deal?" he asked.

I shrugged. "I was expecting him to ask for my number any second."

He looked down at me, he was taller. He smiled. "Would you have given it to him?" he asked.

I pretended to look extremely disappointed. "Oh, but I don't have a phone!"

He laughed deeply and I giggled. I felt his arm still over my shoulders and my fingers still hanging against the force of gravity on his. We looked like your average couple going on vacation. Pssht! I wish!

Jessica saw the way we were and displayed a great desire to push the cart all of a sudden. So we walked like that, Jess would sometimes look over at us, and we would simply talk about normal things. I think he totally forgot about his arm.

We reached the terminal where I saw my dad. My face broke out into a smile. Jiyong-ssi saw that and followed my eyes. He found an older man that was smiling at me as well and straightened up. He even dropped his arm.

"Anyounghasayo!" I said and hugged him. "How are you?"

"You're too cheerful. It's too early. I'm too tired." he complained. "But I'm fine." He smiled at me.

"Dad, this is Kwon Jiyong-ssi." I said, nervously. "Jiyong-ssi, this is my father."

He glanc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter