Chapter 81

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kimmy, you should give me more time to prepare! A text that wakes me up saying 'Can we come over for breakfast?' is not warning enough!" my father frowned, accenting his wrinkles. He seemed to be getting older and older every time I saw him.

"I'm sorry, Daddy! I will next time, I promise!"

He smiled. "I'm just joking, come on in!"

Ji's hand grasped mine. Now he was the nervous one, I chuckled to myself.

"This is why I should always be scared when you mention a surprise." he whispered, as I led him inside.

"Kwon Jiyong-ssi, right?" my father asked Ji, who bowed. "From BIGBANG?"

"Yes, sir." Ji said. I could tell he was scared, and he almost showed it on the surface.

My dad smiled and patted his arm. "No need to be nervous, son. We've already met." He walked towards the breakfast table.

I retrieved my slippers and some guest slippers from the shelf. I gave them to him and he followed me into the house. I pointed down the hallway.

"My old room's there. I think some of my stuff is still there, if Dad hasn't put it away yet." I said.

He seemed to be relaxing, but was still on his toes every time my father so much as moved. All through breakfast, he made polite small talk with my Dad.

"So, I see you two on television often." Dad took another bite of the meat he was eating. "How's that going for you?"

"Oh, you know..." I said nonchalantly. "The usual for him, but I cannot do anything anymore without the fear of being spotted by little teenaged VIPs."

"Oh yeah? Like what? What can't you do?" Ji asked me.

"I can't go to the grocery store in sweats like I used to. I tried it once, but I peeked out the door first and a couple of girls were actually standing by the exit, just outside." I answered.

"You can't go grocery shopping?" Dad asked. "What do you eat?"

"Cafeteria food, mostly." I shrugged, and Ji looked at me like I had three heads.

"That's not healthy, why didn't you tell me before?" Jiyong-ah asked me, the worry in his eyes was evident.

I looked at my plate. "It's cafeteria food from a modeling agency. How unhealthy can it be? Besides, I didn't think it was that important." I took another chopstickful of rice.

Ji shook his head exasperatedly. My dad smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter