Chapter 4

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Come Sunday at 5 o'clock, we were both ready. We were dressed, her in her new clothes and me in my favorite short white lacy dress. We put on our shoes and got in the car. Our drive didn't feel as long as the airport to Bucheon. Now we were going to Seoul for a totally different reason and it was pushing us. Even I was excited.

When we got there, a valet took my car. Jess jumped out of the car and we walked together, holding hands tightly. Neither of us wanted to repeat yesterday.

She told me what had happened. A man had knocked on the side of her fitting room stall. He'd said "your sister is waiting outside." She just assumed he meant me. When she walked out, an accomplice simply grabbed her two arms from behind and was too strong for her to fight. They grabbed her kicking and screaming. They shut . They took the elevator. That's how they got away from me so fast. Then, right as they were leaving, a security guard stopped them and took her back. They managed to escape though.

I told her about the man. He was our savior yesterday. You don't forget someone like that for the rest of your life.

As we walked inside, the only thing you heard was screaming. We showed our tickets to a lady who gave us colored paper bracelets to show we were going backstage after the concert.

The concert was amazing, really, even for someone who wasn't their hardcore fan. The seats were great, you could see their faces from here. Seeing pictures was one thing. Seeing them in person, totally different.

The concert lasted two hours. They preformed their newest songs. They were really catchy. Then some of the members had solo songs or duets. An overall amazing experience. By the way they sang, it was evident that they were passionate about what they did. They put so much effort into the lyrics and choreography. In between times when she was screaming her head off like a fangirl, Jessica filled me in on some fun fact blurbs. Like which songs GD wrote. Stuff like that.

After an exhilarating performance, the band thanked their V.I.P's for coming and supporting them and walked off stage waving.

Soon after, another man came out, presumably the manager, and said "All people going backstage, please make your way down to the stage." Jessica and I stood up and climbed down the aisle's stairs. Three other girls from the other side of the hall did the same thing. Five of us, five of them, I thought in my head.

Well it turns out I was wrong. It had never occurred to me how awkward it would be to be the only ones going backstage. The three girls tried to get in without passes and were not let in. So it was just us.

"Hi!" said V.I. "How did you like the show?"

"It was awesome!" Jessica moaned.

"Oh yeah? What was your favorite part?" Taeyang asked her.

"I loved 'Bad Boy'!" she answered.

G-Dragon turned to me. "And how about you?"

"I think I liked 'That XX'." I said. I spoke Korean fluently, so I knew what the XX was, but since Jessica didn't it was safe for me to say I liked it.

GD bowed. "Thank you very much!" he said.

T.O.P asked Jessica if we were siblings and I swear I got ready to catch her if she fainted because he spoke to her. She didn't. "No, we're step-cousins."

"But I love her like a sister." I added.

"Oh, that's wonderful." Daesung said.

See here would be the awkwardness. If there was anyone else, you could expect an annoying fangirl to interrupt an awkward silence. But we didn't have that privilege.

"So," said GD, "how old are you two?"

Jessica answered for me. "I'm 10 and she's 24."

"I see!" said Seungri. "You're doggap with Jiyongie and Taeyang!" He smiled goofily. It was cute.

"What does donggap mean?" Jessica asked me.

"Same age." GD and I said at the same time. He smiled at me, and I smiled back.

"Hey, you know Korean!" he said.

"Yeah, I live here! Jessica's the foreigner!" I told him.

We kinda separated from the others and had our own little chat.

"Where's your family?" he asked me.

"My mom's in Canada and my dad lives in Seoul. I used to live with him until I moved to Bucheon."

"Seoul's nice." he said. "I was born here."

"Me too!" I said. I was born early, and my mom had been visiting my dad's family when she went into labour right then. I guess I was an impatient baby. In some ways I still am.

He chuckled.

"What?" I asked. "What's so funny?"

"Not funny, just amazing. We have a lot in common. Your favorite colour?" he asked me.

The colour of the roses my dad bought my mother on Valentines Day. I always loved it. The color of my aunt's hair. The color of my favorite bouncy ball when I was a child. "Red." I answered.

He pointed at himself. "Same!"

"Star sign?"

"Leo." I felt a smile trickle up my lips as I saw the words forming at his mouth.

"Me too! But you don't actually believe in that crap, right?" he looked at me expectantly.

"Nope, not a tiny bit!" It's all just a bunch of hooe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter