Chapter 110

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before parting with Mi Heng, we exchanged phone numbers. I told her we'd stay in touch. Then I got a phone call from Ji.

"I'm on my way, do you need anything?" he said.

"No, just come quickly." I said. I rushed to open the doors and let myself in.

I prepared some tea, to drink with the bad news. It wasn't long after when the door opened.

"I'm home." Ji's disembodied voice said. Soon, he himself followed. He wrapped his arms around me and for a second the world was okay. Until, of course, he asked, "What is it you want to tell me?"

I took his hand and led him to the living room and sat him down on a couch. I snuck the newspaper behind me discreetly.

"Before I show you, I have to tell you that it's nothing but a rumor. It's not true, okay?" I said.

He nodded. "Okay." He waited a moment before adding, "Can I see it now?"

I blinked a couple of times and he stared intently. I realized I still had the paper hidden behind me. I hesitantly reached towards my back and drew it out much like a sword. I held it out to him and he grabbed it so quickly, my fingers instinctively clamped up.

"Can I see it now?" he repeated, letting out a confused chuckle.

"Umm, yeah. Right." I let go and he had the paper.

He read the same things I read then turned to page 18 to read the rest.

"Hey, they made a nice summary of our dating life in this paragraph." he said with a smile.

I watched him in silence as he read on, seemingly hanging on every word. It sort of looked like he was reading every column three times over, it was certainly taking him that long.

"Huh." he said finally. "Someone obviously ran out of news."

"What can we do to fix this?" I pleaded.

"Invite Yongho-hyung and we'll all go out for dinner." he thought for a second. "Or maybe that'll look bad on my part. Does he have a girlfriend?"

I shrugged. "I don't know... I don't think so. I know lots of people like him." And that's all I knew.

"Who's the first girl that comes to mind when you think of Yongho-hyung?" he asked.

I knew the context he was asking me in, so I thought of people who had a crush on him. The first name that popped into my head was Kelly, and I laughed while I told him.

He beamed. "Great. Call her and arrange a dinner double date."

I did as he said and called. It took her three rings

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter