Chapter 15

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, I had some dreams where I forgot something, like soap or whatever and when I woke up I made sure I packed it. It was only when I caught myself looking for my winter jacket that I realized I was being stupid. I went back to bed and ignored all of the other dreams.

Near day break, I had to crane my eyelids open. It was a few hours earlier than what I was used to, but I had to do it. I got up and into the shower. When I turned it on, I jumped right in, letting the cold water wake me up. I showered quickly and got out. I sat sleepily in my robe for some time, just staring at my suitcases, trying to conjure enough strength to lift me to my feet.

I checked up on Jessica. She was sleeping, but she was a fast dresser, so I let her sleep some more. I went back to my room and dressed in what I had planned out last night. It was a blouse with flowers, it was stretchy and fitting. The arms hung loose and bold. The edges were pink and green. Underneath was a pair of black leggings. I wore plain white socks, pulled a sweatshirt over my head and pulled on my navy blue hat. I didn't accessorize at all. It made no sense, I would have to take any jewelerry off anyways. I only wore my "K" pendant on a chain. My dad had gotten it for me on my birthday, the K tilted to the side a bit. It was kind of a good luck charm. At least, it made me feel less nervous.

I went back to Jessica. I shook her shoulder lightly. "Jess." I whispered. "Jess, wake up. Get ready we have to leave soon." It was 2 AM. I was worried we would be late and cause everyone trouble.

She slowly opened one eye. When she saw me, she sat up really quick. "What time is it?!" she asked.

"Two in the morning. Get ready." I told her.

She pushed me out of her room in a hurry and came back out thirty seconds later, wrapped in a towel. She went into the shower in the second bathroom that was across the hallway, right in front of her room. She shut the door and I heard the water running. I chuckled softly to myself.

I heard some noises from the little office. I went to go check on it. It was the fax machine, getting something new in. When it finished, I picked up the warm paper and read it. A letter of recommendation. Right! A resume! I needed that! I ran to my laptop and pulled up the file that hadn't been edited in years. I went over it, updated some years, and sent that to the printer as well. Then I noticed an email notification. It was from my manager at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter