Chapter 105

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I absolutely do not understand what pregnancy glow is. When I look in the mirror, I look like death. I don't get it! Why can't I achieve what everyone else can? Life is so unfair...

Quickly brushing my teeth, I got out of the bathroom and went to the kitchen. Cravings, oh those happened a lot... Right now: yogurt covered pretzels. Where the hell am I supposed to find yogurt covered pretzels?! I opened my fridge, already knowing the answer I was gonna get, but I had to check anyway. Yup. No yogurt covered pretzels here. Reluctantly I reached for an apple. I let it go when I realized I wanted grapes instead. I took out the bag and pulled some out into a bowl. I washed them thoroughly, to get rid of any germs.

Germiphobia: another symptom of pregnancy. Anything you're about to touch, you have second thoughts about. Oh, gosh, I'm tired I should probably sit down on this bacteria infested couch, wait never mind I'll just stand.

I pulled one grape off the stalk and popped it in my mouth. Mmm. Crunchy. These days I'm totally for anything I have to bite. I can't even have smooth peanut butter, only the chunky kind.

Pregnancy feels weird, in one word. Everything is different and nothing is the same. Pregnant women, and I say this as one, are not sane. We aren't. We're bipolar, with all the hormone induced mood swings. We've got short term memory loss, and we always need something. That feeling of "something is missing" or "something isn't right" just doesn't go away. We're crazy.

Also, we're easily terrified. Any little sound and I'm up three feet in the sky. Jiyong loves to pull that one, sneaking up behind me and going, "Boo!" I have no idea how it's entertaining to see me nearly have a heart attack.

"Kim~!" I heard from the door. Good, Ji was here. Or so I thought.

"Yongho-oppa?" My eyes widened. No one knew I was pregnant yet. It's only been two weeks since I told Ji.

"Hey, little Kimmy. Where've you been, I haven't seen your face around in forever!" he said. He looked around my dorm, which has never been this disorganized.

"Umm... I've been busy." I stuck a few grapes in my mouth to have an excuse not to talk.

"I see that. Are you turning into a bridezilla?"

I raised an eyebrow and then broke out into a weak smile. I laughed halfheartedly. "Me? Bridezilla? Totally not!"

"Then you have an explanation for this mess?"

"Uhhh... No?" I suppose it's not the best thing I could say to convince him to leave me alone, but what else could I do?! In a flurry of madness, I stuck in some more grapes.

"It doesn't matter, these are no living conditions for you. We need to get this place cleaned up. And fast." He picked up a stack of papers and magazines and tried to sort them out. One more look around him told him it was just a drop in the bucket. "Okay, maybe not."

"Oppa, it's fine, please. I'm not feeling very well. Could I have some time alone please?" More grapes.

"Are you okay? Do you need medicine? I'll get you something. Shall I make you soup?"

"No, no. It's fine, I already took medicine. I was just about to go rest in bed." I lied again.

"Kimmy-ah! What are we craving today?" Jiyong said. This time I was sure. "At first I thought chocolate, but then a little light went off and it told me, 'hmm, better go with the yogurt covered pretzels.' and so I bought b—" He stopped talking when he saw Yongho-oppa.

"Do bridezillas have cravings too? Man, I am NEVER getting married..." Yongho-oppa said, shaking his head. "Anyways, Kim says she's feeling sick, so maybe you should just let her rest, Jiyong-ssi."

"Yongho-hyung, what's wrong with her?" Ji rushed to my side. "Are you going to be okay?"

"Yes, yes, it's just a common cold." I sniffled for dramatic effect. I grabbed the pretzels. "Thanks for the snack." I turned to Yongho-oppa. "Oppa, thank you for worrying. I'm fine. But can you tell Mr. Song to come see me soon?"

He nodded and left, and I attacked the white pretzels. "Oh my God these are so good!" I offered one to Ji and he took it between his teeth.

"I wonder how many calories are in this..." he asked out loud.

"Yah, I don't need to worry about that! The more the better, I need energy!"

"Of course dear." he said, still reading the package. "That's enough energy now. We need to get to work."

For the past two weeks, all we've been doing is wedding preparations. We're in a rush because we have to get married before it's obvious that I'm pregnant. How long till the bump? 

"So have you finished your guest list?" Ji asked me. I nodded and handed him a notebook filled with names. My list was far shorter than his, but he definitely knows more people than I do.

The invitations, the hall, everything was pretty much planned out and ready to put in action except for the thing I had been putting off for last minute. My dress.

"Well I guess that's all for today. I'm supposed to meet up with the girls in an hour and a half, so I better get going." I looked at him sternly. "Don't be stubborn. You're not coming with, and you're not going to see me in the dress before the wedding day."

Jiyong pouted. I grabbed my keys and my bag and I was gonna step outside when he grabbed my wrist.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" he asked.

"Huh? What?" I looked down and realized that I was still in my pajamas. I laughed at my foolishness and went back to my room to change.

A couple of minutes later I was out in a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter