Chapter 6

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Jessica was up before me, she had her outfit picked out and everything. I hopped into the shower and told her to eat some cereal.

When I got out and got dressed, she was sitting on the couch, waiting for me.

"Today's the day I start learning!" she sang.

It reminded me of a song I heard on the radio once, in the mall. Mind you, I'm not a kpop fan, but it was a catchy song. So I sang the line to myself.

"'Today's the day that I'll be flying away, yeah'" I hummed.

"Ooh, U-Kiss."

"I kiss what?"

"Oh, come on! U-Kiss? The band?"

"Another one?"

"Well you were the one singing their song."

I regretted opening my mouth and I ate in a hurry. As soon as I placed my dishes in the sink, Jessica was reaching for her shoes. I grabbed my keys, my purse and my cell-phone and we headed out.

As we walked into the building, which took some time to find, I held on to her hand tight. "You nervous?" I asked.

"Kind of, but good nervous."

"That's good."

When we reached the office, the woman behind the desk couldn't make the connection between me and Jessica. I had short, brown hair and hazel eyes. And she had long, blonde hair to her waist with navy colored eyes. Not that there was a connection to make, we weren't blood related.

I showed her my photo ID and the letter her parents signed stating that I was to be her guardian during her stay. Then I found her passport in my purse, (which I really shouldn't keep there) and showed that to her. The woman agreed with a smile and gave me her registration forms on a clipboard and a pen.

"Hey, Jess, what grade are you in?"

"Five." she answered.

I wrote that in. "You don't have any allergies, do you?"

"Only peanuts. Other nuts are fine. And I have my EpiPen with me."

"Oki doki loki. Great!" the rest I knew myself, and after I filled it in and checked it over with her, I handed it back.

"Welcome to our school!" said the lady, with an accent, at Jessica, who smiled.

So I bent down, gave her two kisses, got two kisses and the lady led her to her new class. I waved goodbye. I felt really emotional.

When I got back home, that feeling was gone. The house still felt too empty though, so I phoned my friend JiNel. She used to be my room mate, and we were best friends. Twenty minutes later, she was at my front door.

"Anyou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter