Chapter 86

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It turns out, my entire family had been in on the whole thing. At first, I felt bad for stealing the day from Kung Min and Jasmine, but then Jazz told me it was Kung Min's idea for Ji to propose like that. Also, she didn't mind because that day was just happiness after happiness.

While the happiness slowly faded, our engagement was still a secret. I was not allowed to wear my ring, which I wouldn't have minded if it were any ordinary ring. Still, I understood. I couldn't wear it lest anyone saw and found out.

People still found out though. Obviously, there were the people at the wedding who saw it happen, but I knew most of them and they knew me and respected my privacy. Some of my friends had already figured it out. And there was my family that knew. Mom and Geoff were already in Canada again, so I was expecting a phone call from Jessica any second now.

What I got from Jessica was, in a word, unexpected. When I answered the door around the start of June, I thought it was the mail. Instead, I got a pretty little girl, packaged in a teenaged body and expensive clothes.

"Kimmy-unnieeee!!" she threw herself on me. "I missed you so much!!"

My hands caressed her head, topped with the same blonde hair. "Jessica! What are you doing here?!"

She was almost my height with heels I wouldn't have dared to wear outside of my mother's closet at her age. And they weren't even that tall. She's just growing up... Too fast. I felt a little responsible for that. When she left me, she wasn't 10, she'd aged beyond that because of what she'd been put through.

"So... Can I come in?" she asked. I realized I'd zoned out and I was just staring at her awkwardly.

"Yeah, of course!" I shook my head to wake up. I opened the door and she stepped inside, slipped out of her shoes and walked in with her bare feet.

"Sooooo... Anything you wanna tell me?" She sat at the edge of my bed and gathered her legs to her chest.

"I'm thinking you already know." I smiled. "Do you wanna see the ring?"

Her eyes bulged out in excitement as she nodded furiously.

I went over to my drawer and rummaged behind some papers, a couple of them falling as I fished for that black velvet box. I finally found it and hopped over to Jess like a little girl showing off a new Barbie.

He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter