Chapter 47

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You better go get ready!" Mi Sun said, laughing.

I ran back to the bathroom again faced with the question "What to wear?"

I looked into the pile. I started to put them back into the bags, hoping that maybe I'd see something I wanted to wear. It wasn't until the pile was reduced by two thirds that I caught myself putting back a pretty dress.

It was a lavender chiffon dress that bunched up at the waist with a little jewel encrusted design in the middle. It looked almost like real diamond. I put it on. I looked up into the mirror and noticed that my face was still covered in black and white makeup. I washed my face so I could restart, but then I heard knocking on my door.

"Kim-ssi! Hurry! We'll be late!" Jaeminhi said.

"Kay, I'll be right out!" I said. I pulled out my purse and ran a comb through my hair. My hair was limp but I managed to make it look like I had put effort into it by tying a thick white ribbon around a small section of it. My hair was lighter than usual and that was because I had spent summer in Turkey and it was sun-dyed. I applied one line of eyeliner and a bit of mascara and I was out.

Kelly took one look at me and shook her head. "Your hair."

Jaeminhi nodded. "Too straight."

"That's okay, don't we have to go?" I asked.

Mi Sun chuckled in the background. "All of Hooyoung-ssi's clocks are half an hour fast."

"It helps me stay on track." Hooyoung shrugged, blushing.

"So we have extra time." Chaehin concluded. "Let's go!"

"Go where?" I asked. Hooyoung grabbed my wrist and pulled me to what I had thought was a storage closet, but turns out it's an actual make-up room, with the lights around the mirror and everything.

From a drawer, Hooyoung pulled out a hair curler. She undid my bow. "Don't worry, we can redo that."

"Guys, is this totally necessary?" I asked. "How fancy is this restaurant?"

"Pretty fancy." Chaehin said.

"It'll take two seconds." Kelly said, grabbing the iron as soon as it was hot enough.

Two seconds and ten minutes later, they were satisfied. I looked and shook my head from side to side. My new tight curls bounced. I looked like a girl out of a fairytale book. The bow was back in my hair, holding the front-most strands on both sides at the back. It looked great.

"Kamsahamnida!" I said, turning around to face them. I pulled them into a hug.

"Okay, now we're going to be late for real!" Kelly said. She was the one being squished the most, being closest to me. I let go.

"Let's go!" I said.

What the girls didn't tell me was who we would be eating with. As soon as I stepped into the restaurant, I could feel their presence. Celebrities.

Chaehin felt me tense up. "Who's here?" I asked her.

"Unnie... Mianhae..." she said. "It's only YG Family, but if you don't want to, you can leave." She wasn't saying it rudely. She meant it sympathetically.

It would be rude if I left. Besides, there was only one of the entire family that I couldn't handle right now. I guess I could avoid him. I shook my head. "It's okay."

She grabbed my hand, squeez

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter